Allphones Arena officially opened by the premier of NSW Mr. Bob Carr in November 1999 in preparation for the 2000 Summer Olympics. It is owned by Nine Entertainment and managed by AEG Ogden, which is a gl...
... middle of paper ...
...er the Olympic games have left.
(Nine Entertainment, 2014, p. 41).
Abigroup. (2010, April 9). Acer Arena . Retrieved March 17, 2014, from AbiGroup
Constructing Australia's Future: http://www.abigroup.com.au/ProjectDetail.aspx?PageID=61&ProjectID=98
Allphones Arena . (2014, April 8). Allphones Arena . Retrieved April 7, 2014, from Allphones Arena : http://www.allphonesarena.com.au
Netball Australia. (2014, January 12). What is Netball. Retrieved March 19, 2014, from Netball: http://netball.com.au/our-game/what-is-netball/
Nine Prospects Entertainment Co. (2014). Nine Entertainment Prospectus. Sydeny : Nine Entertainment .
Stump, S. K. (2014, February 22). What happens to Olympic venues when the torch goes out. Retrieved March 25, 2014, from USA Today : http://www.today.com/sochi/what-happens-olympic-venues-after-torch-goes-out-2D12152101
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Analyse the impact of urban renewal on the Sydney suburb of Pyrmont. The suburb of Pyrmont on the shores of Sydney Harbour has been transformed by the processes of urban renewal into a thriving cosmopolitan residential area, an efficient and sophisticated business centre, and a popular recreational and tourist hub. Through my own observation of the Pyrmont area, I have seen how the painstaking urban planning efforts for the area have come to fruition, and a focal point of the Harbour foreshore created as a result of this.... [tags: Sydney Harbour, industrial growth, tourism]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Why divorce lawyer Sydney follows online divorce. Description: divorce lawyer Sydney usually follows online divorce as it is quite diversified and versatile on nature. This is the reason both attorneys and their customers get benefits from the same. Nowadays, every divorce lawyer Sydney entertains only online application of divorce cases as this is the most convenient and flexible option. In this case, the divorce cases can be easily and efficiently handled without any errors or difficulties. In fact, most of the expert lawyers are inspiring their clients to choose the concerned option.... [tags: Real estate, Property, Sydney, Estate agent]
2201 words (6.3 pages)
- It seems that Plato and Sir Philip Sidney are somewhat different and alike but Sidney is more relative. He makes it acceptable for poetry to experiment in different things instead of being so serious all the time. Comparing the two essays, Sidney is more realistic and practical about poetry and its meaning than Plato. Plato wants to create something that does not exist in the world-The Perfect Ideal State. There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve your living environment or the world that you live in, but everything will not go away by the snap of a finger.... [tags: Plato, Sir Philip Sydney, poetry, ]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- Standing here, in this arena that is one hundred times larger than my home, I feel like a needle in a haystack. So many people surrounding me it’s like I’m one grain of sand in a whole ocean. The people around the arena form a black and yellow checker board. Their clothing meshes together and looks like a throw. Smelling the concession stand makes me feel like a starving child. The aroma of hotdogs and Italian sausage reminds me of a back yard grill. The smell of melted cheese on nachos makes my stomach growl wishing I had some.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Example]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Sydney Carton, “one of Dickens’s most loved and best-remembered characters” (Stout 29), is not just another two-dimensional character; he seems to fly off the pages and into real life throughout all the trials and tribulations he experiences. He touches many hearts, and he even saves the life of Charles Darnay, a man who looks surprisingly similar to him. In Dickens’s A Tale of Two Cities, Sydney Carton is a selfish man of habit, a cynic, a self-loathing drunk, and an incorrigible barrister until he meets Lucie Manette; throughout the novel Sydney is overcome by his noble love for Lucie and transforms from a cynic to a hero as he accomplishes one of the most selfless acts a man can carry out... [tags: Dickens, literary characters]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Jews have been through many experiences in their history, some of which were tragic and others jubilant. Today, the Jewish people are facing the period of exile (Galut). Did you ever wonder how there are Jews almost everywhere in the world. Don’t you ever wonder how they arrived there or why they arrived. In this essay, you will explore the Jewish life of a particular place, in the modern era. This essay will focus on one particular place which is Australia. More specifically, this essay will focus on Sydney, Australia.... [tags: social issues, exile, australia]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Executive Summary Risk management is a major success key of project management in business world. With major budget overruns in parallel with significant delays, Sydney Opera House is a real example of poor risk management. Risk management requires effective planning, budgeting, and scheduling. First of all, the highest risks should be identified and evaluated in order to find methods to reduce their impact and exposure. Then, factors that cause risk should be addressed while factors that only correlate with the negative impact but do not affect it may be omitted.... [tags: Risk Management]
3125 words (8.9 pages)
- In 1901, an Boston based invertor group opened up a steel mill on the southeast side of Sydney harbor in Sydney, Nova Scotia. This mill was named DISCO, or Dominion Iron and Steel Company Limited, which was ultimately a subsidiary of DOMCO, or the Dominion Coal Company Limited. DOMCO coal was mined in Dominion, near Glace Bay and was used to make coke. Coke is a hard, grey, porous material, man-made from the coal and is used to fuel the blast furnaces for smelting the iron ore. (Coke (fuel), 2012) DOMCO along with DISCO merged with the Nova Scotia Steel and Coal Company or SCOTIA to from the British Empire Steel Corporation or BESCO in 1920.... [tags: Environmental Disaster ]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- Agganis Arena The multi-purpose arena that I have chosen to evaluate is Boston University’s Agganis Arena. This arena is considered to be the next generation of Boston sports and entertainment by incorporating the latest multimedia technologies and providing the finest possible sight lines and views of the action. The arena is located within Boston University's new $225 million John Hancock Student Village, a 10-acre hub of activity designed to be the thriving center of student life and athletics, Agganis Arena is a state-of-the-art, multipurpose sports and entertainment center scheduled to open in January 2005.... [tags: essays research papers]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- Even though the friendly confines of ARCO Arena hasn't equated into NBA championships (yet) for the Sacramento Kings, ARCO stands as one of the toughest - if not the toughest - places to play in the entire league. The Kings sported a 36-5 home mark in 2003, the best home record in the NBA. All five losses came at the hands of eventual playoff teams, including two of them against the eventual NBA champion San Antonio Spurs. The Kings record in ARCO over the last three seasons is an amazing 104-19, another NBA best.... [tags: essays research papers]
500 words (1.4 pages)