The mission for Allied Barton depends on the agency they are providing security for. Though I have only witnessed a couple of their companies that Allied Barton offers service to I think that they might be similar. Since I’m stationed in Appleton, their main focus is on Pierce Manufacturing. Pierce is a company that builds a wide range of different type of fire engines.F The mission for the security guards at Allied Barton, who are dealing with the Pierce Manufacturing account is to provide the safety and security for the Pierce employees, guest, and vendors while they 're on Pierce property. Along with that the security guards must also make it their mission to protect the Pierce property in every way. That includes the real estate, structures, equipment, as well as, electronic and other proprietary info.
Along with most security companies Allied Barton main purpose is to serve and secure the people, homes, and business of our community. When I started out they gave me a card that I was told to always carry with me at work. The card has the word great in all capital letters at the top. Great is spelled with the first letters of each of their values. Those being G for growth, which meant to encourage individuals, team, and organizational growth. R for responsibility which is honoring our service commitment to customers, employees, and the community. E for empowerment to offer development programs that enable employees to do their job with skills and...
... middle of paper ...
... it 's Friday then I have to turn off all the lights, shut the garage doors, and lock all the doors throughout the building once the employees have all left.
This internship has let me experience what security guard jobs are like. Though I find myself comparing my internship with my job as a Campus Security Officer at Whitewater. I just haven’t decided which job seems to have more significance. So far I have felt that this job consists of mostly sitting and watching security monitors. Which is why I have found myself going on more and more rounds to keep busy. But who knows this could all change once I experience what the rover position is like. Rovers get to travel to all the different buildings in the area that Allied Barton service and patrol them. Along with that Allied Barton will be merging with another security company so things might start to change in July.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Allied Health Professionals Allied health professions are health care professions that branch out from nursing, medicine, and pharmacy. It is said that allied health professionals make up 60% of the total US health workforce. These professionals work in teams to make the health care system function by giving a range of diagnostic, technical, therapeutic and direct patient care services, that are important to patients they handle and other health professionals they work with. There are a lot of professions that are associated with the Allied Health profession.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Allied health professions]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- Clara Barton Thousands of lives would have not been lost if Clare Barton did not play the role she did in the Civil War. Clara Barton was an influential leader during the Civil War due to her childhood experiences, decisions she made during the war, and the legacy she left behind after the war. Clara Bartonś life before the civil war molded her to be an influential person in our nation's history. Born in Massachusetts in 1821 Clara Harlowe Barton was the youngest of six children. Barton reinforced her early education with practical experience, working as a clerk and bookkeeper for her oldest brother (civil war trust).... [tags: Clara Barton, American Red Cross]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Colton Robinson Private Security Research Paper: Armored Transport November 21, 2015 The field of private security in the United States is growing rapidly. Whether it is for the corporate sector with building security or to your everyday home defense systems, more people are becoming aware of ways to keep their valuables safe. Crime is evolving and people have to adapt to the new ways criminals think and go about their lifestyle. They try really hard to be able to take from people, so we need to try really hard to be able to protect ourselves from their deviant behaviors.... [tags: Security, Security guard, The Brink's Company]
1706 words (4.9 pages)
- TicTek Inc is a small company with about a hundred employees and one facility. The company sells home security electronics online. The devices are manufactured by a third party company and shipped to TicTek, whereupon they are warehoused until they are purchased through the company’s website. The warehouse staff prepares and ships customer orders in the same facility which houses the office staff and management. TicTek has a few major stockholders, but the majority of the company’s stock is owned by its executives and employees.... [tags: IT Security Proposal]
1062 words (3 pages)
- The History of Clara Barton Anna Scheiber UW-Milwaukee October 1, 2017 Table of Contents Early Life 3 First Significant Fact 4 Second Significant Fact 4 Third Significant Fact 4 American Red Cross 5 Fourth Significant Fact 5 Fifth Significant Fact 5 Sixth Significant Fact 5 Stressful Times 5 Sixth Significant Fact 5 Personality 6 Conclusion 6 References 7 The History of Clara Barton In the 1800’s, men typically developed and influenced change in society. A woman taking on any type of leadership role was rare, brave, and met with resistance.... [tags: American Red Cross, Clara Barton]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
The Legal Department Is Essential For Generating Profits, Effectiveness And Efficiency Of The Company Security Divisions
- Furthermore, while productivity of the other firm’s department is essential for generating profits, the effectiveness and efficiency of the company security divisions is vitally important for the very company survival. Therefore, the firm should reduce its dependency on particular professionals to the utmost. As a result, rotating professionals from the different departments is mandatory in order to ensure that a security professional is capable of executing any task entrusted to him. d) Legal Department – it is reasonable to believe that the legal department has already been established in the company.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Physical security]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Information Security Risk Assessment for a Distribution Company Table of Contents 1. Executive Summary 2. Introduction 3. Background 4. Risk Assessment 4.1. Organizational Assets 4.2. Assessment of Organizational Risk 4.3. Current Organizational Security Posture 4.4. Problems at GDI 4.5. Recommended Mitigation Strategy 5. Conclusion 6. References 1. Executive Summary At this time the measures available to ensure information security include organizational controls such as limiting access to data, firewalls, antivirus systems, encryption, and application controls.... [tags: IT security, Information Technology]
2439 words (7 pages)
- Elizabeth Gaskell’s Mary Barton and the Industrial Novel Elizabeth Gaskell’s Mary Barton belongs to a small, short-lived form of Victorian literature called the industrial novel. The primary authors of this genre—Charles Kingsley, Frances Trollope, Charlotte Brontë, Benjamin Disraeli, Charles Dickens, and Elizabeth Gaskell—all were, what Herbert Sussman describes, as primarily middle-class authors writing for middle class readers in a rapidly changing world, where both author and reader struggled to comprehend their transforming society.... [tags: Mary Barton]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Denial of service (DoS)- This type of attack occurs when a hacker overloads a server or network device with numerous IMCP (Internet Control Message Protocol) ping requests, such that it is unable to respond to valid requests. By updating to the latest service pack and applying security patches, you can minimize the threat of DoS attacks by reducing the vulnerabilities in the TCP/IP network protocol. Although disabling ICMP can remove valuable troubleshooting tools, it can effectively remove the possibility of DoS attacks.... [tags: Cyber-security, Enterprise Security]
3468 words (9.9 pages)
- Clara Barton's Biography by Elizabeth Brown Pryor The author, Elizabeth Brown Pryor, wrote her biography of Clara Barton with the intent to not only tell her life, but to use personal items (diary and letters) of Clara’s found to help fill information of how Clara felt herself about incidents in her life. Her writing style is one that is easy to understand and also one that enables you to actually get pulled into the story of the person. While other biographical books are simply dry facts, this book, with the help of new found documents, allows Pryor to give a modern look on Barton’s life.... [tags: Clara Barton Biography]
1887 words (5.4 pages)