I have wondered what Einstein is really like. What was the personality of this man who was so incredibly smart? And if he really was that smart, why would he treat his hair and feet so poorly?
This web page gives a bit of insight to the highly famed physicist. There is a basic overview of the his accomplished theories. Also, I provide a timeline of Einstein's life. His views and politics are a little less known, but what I'm including here that is difficult to find at other web sources is Albert's personality.
So, if you are bored with reading about his theories, when he was born, married and died... check out the personality section and discover Einstein's character.
The year 1905 is referred to as annus mirabilis ("miracle year") because it is the year in which Einstein introduces the theories that make him famous at the young age of 26.
First, in his Special Theory of Relativity, he demonstrates that space and time are not absolute but vary with the proximity of one object to another.
Example; for a person living in orbit around the Earth, time would pass more slowly than if he/she were living at sea level. The difference is not great, but it is still there and this is due to the variance in gravity with respect to earth.
This would mean Isaac Newton was wrong, although his theories still generally hold for calculating dynamics close to Earth.
Also, Einstein takes on the topic of light and by the time he publishes the pa...
... middle of paper ...
...al libety, tolerance, and equality of all citizens before the law prevail. Political liberty implies the freedom to express one's political opinions orally and in writing; tolerance implies respect for any and every individual opinion.
These conditions do not obtain in Germany at the present time. Those who have done most for the cause of international understanding, among them some of the leading artists, are being persecuted there.
Any social organism can become physically distempered just as any individual can, especially in times of difficulty. Nations usually survive these distempers. I hope that healthy conditions will soon supervene in Germany and that in future her great men like Kant and Goethe will not merely be commemorated from time to time but that the principles which they taught will also preail in public life and in the general consciousness.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Albert Einstein, a German born physicist and mathematician, was born on March 14th, 1879 and died on April 18th, 1955. Albert was born in Ulm, Germany to Hermann and Pauline Einstein, he has one sister named Maja. The Einstein family was classified as non-alerted Jews. Albert attended a Catholic elementary school from the age of 5 to 8. At the age of 8, he was transferred to the Luitpold Gymnasium (now known as the Albert Einstein Gymnasium), where he received advanced primary and secondary school education until he left Germany seven years later.... [tags: Albert Einstein, General relativity]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Albert Einstein was born Ulm, Wurttemberg, Germany March 14 1879. A German-born physicist who developed the general theory of relativity, among other feats. He is considered the most influential physicist of the 20th century. Albert Einstein had a passion for inquiry that eventually led him to develop the special and general theories of relativity. Einstein was not considered smart since the day he was born; during his childhood he was a slow learner to speak. His parents hired a doctor in order to check on the young boy, because of his learning habits of being slow in learning, speaking, and other things.... [tags: Albert Einstein, General relativity]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Albert Einstein was born Ulm, Wurttemberg, Germany March 14 1879. A German-born physicist who developed the general theory of relativity, among other feats. He is considered the most influential physicist of the 20th century. Albert Einstein had a passion for inquiry that eventually led him to develop the special and general theories of relativity. Einstein attended a catholic elementary school for about 5 years,and also he was homeschooled for 1 year. Six weeks past, and Albert family moved to Munich, where later he began his schooling at the Luitpold Gymnasium where the young lad received advanced primary and secondary school education until he left Germany seven years later.... [tags: Albert Einstein, General relativity, Spacetime]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton were both the sons of farmers. Although Einstein lived in Germany and was Jewish while Newton was Catholic or Christian and lived in England. Albert taught himself geometry while Newton’s family couldn’t even read or write yet. As Newton was growing up one of his closest friend was a young man named Edmund Glaley. Isaac and Albert where both living in the 1600 are in this time period. King George was the king at this time. Einstein hated his school and all of the German studies.... [tags: Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Of all the scientists to emerge from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries there is one whose name is known by almost all living people. While most of these do not understand this mans work, everyone knows that his impact on the world is astonishing. Yes, many people have heard of Albert Einsteins General Theory of Relativity, but few people know about the intriguing life that led this scientist to discover what some have called The Greatest Single achievement of human thought. JB: So here with us today is Alert Einstein, So Albert...... [tags: Albert Einstein Interview]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- The film titled “Einstein’s Letter” depicts the historical events that took place beginning the summer of 1939; world renowned physicist Albert Einstein agreed to sign a letter to President Franklin D. Roosevelt that would change the world forever. He was visited at his Long Island home by Hungarian physicists Leo Szilard and Eugene Wigner in order to get his help in urging the President to build a nuclear bomb. They felt that the building of this atomic bomb and the treat of its detonation would save the world.... [tags: nuclear weapons, USA, history, Albert Einstein,]
1963 words (5.6 pages)
- Albert Einstein Einstein was born in 1879 in Germany. When he was a small child he didn’t show any high intelligence. In fact he even took a while to learn how to speak. He was a smart kid but it took a while for people to notice his intelligence. He would ask questions his own teachers couldn’t answer and he even taught himself calculus. He took an entrance exam for Swiss Federal Polytechnic School and failed. He failed but he was still admitted a year later. While doing his regular work he also studied physics on his own.... [tags: Albert Einstein Essays]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- The face of physics was revolutionized by a man’s outrageous idea of relativity. He did what no one else had done by making an equation that was simple and true connecting energy and mass. He became known for his intelligence and his outspoken views, but the genius behind the theorem is what makes him so amazing. To better understand Albert Einstein, a person should examine his personal life, achievements, and his brain. Albert Einstein’s personal life was not what some would expect to be the life of a genius.... [tags: physics, relativity, einstein]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- The Life of Albert Einstein Albert Einstein was born on March 14, 1879, in Southern Germany. One year after his birth his fathers business failed, so the family moved to Munich, and began a new business manufacturing electrical parts. His parents Hermann and Pauline were of Jewish descent, but were very lax regarding religion. The Einstein’s sent Albert to a Catholic grade school. Albert’s first scientific revelation came when he was five years of age, and his father showed him a pocket compass.... [tags: Biography Biographies Einstein Essays]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- Albert Einstein was born on March 14, 1879 in Ulm, the first child of the Jewish couple Hermann and Pauline Einstein. In June 1880 the family moved to Munich where Hermann Einstein and his brother Jakob founded the electrical engineering company Einstein & Cie. Albert Einstein's sister Maria was born on November 18, 1881. Einstein's childhood was a normal one, except that to his family's irritation, he learned to speak later than most. In 1884 he received some tutoring in order to get prepared for school.... [tags: Biography Einstein]
956 words (2.7 pages)