“The early bird catches the warm well in this case the restroom”
I get up tripping over the shoes that we have lying on the floor; the same ones my mother had asked for us to pick up only one hundred times. I rush to put on my clothes that I set out the night before, and as I turn to see my sister she is already fully dressed and putting on her shoes, I try to sprint to the restroom she pulls my hair, my head tilts back with her pull cosign me lose sit on where I’m stopping for a second and down I go tripping over another pair of shoes and out comes the laughter.
“Ha ha ha ha have to be quicker than that”
I already knew she was going to take all morning in there, and by the time it was my turn to go into the restroom it would also be time to go to school. Regardless of my attempts, she still managed to make it in the restroom before I did.
I sat by the restroom door knocking and nocking repeating myself
I called out, but she responded
“Should have woken up earlier. Sorry not sorry”
I sat by the door to k...
... middle of paper ...
... and planning what we would do together boy or girls I wanted to believe we would be inseparable. Little did I know my older sister Aide would be right, the months passed by and my little sister was born we named her Alexa she was quiet and looked like an angle. Too bad that didn’t last forever as the years went by, she grew up into a wonderful, beautiful, kind but an annoying little girl that I would fight with as much as my older sister did with me this didn’t mean I loved her any less, it just made her
“My annoying little sister “
Like I once was. It was then that I realized it is just
“A sibling thing”
You fight with them like cats and dogs, but at the end of the day you know they are the only ones that will never leave your side.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As the alarm clock goes off at 5:00 a.m., Linda rolls over to click the off button. An unpretentious act that causes her to grimace in pain. Gradually she wrenches herself up to a sitting position and turns herself around until her feet hit the floor. She grasps for a pill bottle, opens the top, and takes one pill out. She gazes at the petite yellow pill, looks up and says “I wish I didn’t have to take one of these today.” Linda begins the short journey to the kitchen. She walks very sluggishly.... [tags: Bus, Public transport, Local anesthetic]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- When the alarm clock goes off at five a.m., it’s another day. With his uniform on and his money box in hand, Rob unlocks the door to his store and enters. Every day, five needy customers rush in behind him and demand their fifty-cent cup of coffee. By 6:30 a.m., he’s making breakfast sandwiches, punching the gas pump, running the cash register, and having friendly conversations. The five guys who have drank three or four cups of coffee, hand him a dollar and leave to start their own day. At 7 a.m., he starts his first set of tires.... [tags: Business, Small business, Alarm clock, Clock]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- Sitting across the kitchen table from Rob, Melanie had trouble not smiling every time she looked at him. She was acutely aware of his warm hand gently resting on hers’. Keeping her calm with his touch. Rob is so amazing, she kept repeating that in her head. Almost tearfully she reminded herself that he has been here through all this turmoil. He has been willing to protect her and befriend her. No one has ever done these things for her before. Rob waited for her to start telling him about her visit.... [tags: 2007 singles, Want, WANT, Need]
2148 words (6.1 pages)
- Beginning: As Devlyn sleeps, his little sister Mara gets ready for school. She picks out her clothes: a long sleeve striped shirt under a dress complete with black stockings and Mary Janes. She hastily pours herself a bowl of Lucky Charms, spilling it on the counter, then proceeds to pick out the oat pieces until mostly marshmallows remain. She sits at the kitchen table, by herself. She finishes her breakfast, leaves her bowl on the table and starts walking towards her father’s room. As she passes by her brother’s room, she knocks loudly on his door and yells, “Wake up, shitlick!”.... [tags: Family, Father, Aquarium]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- “Wanted: Attention” As I sit at the kitchen table, my mother and father are on the other side arguing back and forth, trying to decide what punishment I deserved. I couldn’t help it but I was happy with the outcome of my actions. Of course, smiling from ear to ear didn’t help the situation at all, but this was all part of the plan. Things around the house haven’t been going very well. My mother didn’t really do her best with cooking anymore. Instead of decorating the plate like they do on the TV show “Chopped”, she just threw our food on there.... [tags: Mother, Father, Parent, English-language films]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- You can remember the first time you met Blaine. It was shortly after a bad breakup. Your friend Barbara insisted you go over for dinner and no matter how many times you told her you weren 't feeling up for it she continued to insist. Her boyfriend Aaron was going to be there; while you were happy that she found someone you just couldn 't see yourself having fun while being a third-wheel for a couple It took a lot of convincing until you finally agreed on the condition that it just wasn 't going to be the three of you, and you were glad you had agreed when the door opened up to show a fairly fit man in a fairly tight shirt.... [tags: Clock, Alarm clock, Striking clock, 2004 singles]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- Based on the six branding goals, how did Nanda fail to sustain Clocky’s appeal. How might Nanda successfully brand her company and one of her products in a new market. Gauri Nanda’s innovative product Clocky combines fun and functionality into one. It was an immediate success with USD $2.2 million in revenue in its first year of sales. In 2008 the revenues decreased by 31.8% (USD $1.5 million) and again by 35% in 2009 (USD $990,000). The economic recession in 2008 induced consumers to cut back on non-essential costs but Nanda’s branding failures assisted in the flattening of sales.... [tags: Case Study]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Smoke Alarm Buying Guide Smoke alarms are one of the most useful items you can keep in your house. They can save your life and the lives of your family members (it also happens to be illegal to not to have them installed in your house or property). Smoke alarms are a must for any household, and carbon monoxide alarms are a must if you have any fuel burning appliances in your house (water heater, furnace, stove, grill, etc.). Even if you live in a house without any fuel burning appliances, it is still recommended that you install at least one CO alarm, since carbon monoxide can seep in from other sources, like the garage, or a backup generator.... [tags: Smoke detector, Alarm, Alarms, False alarm]
1037 words (3 pages)
- I 'm eating at the kitchen table trying to eat as slow as possible to put off my reading homework even longer than I already have. I hear my great grandma, the leader of the house, say “Carla, hurry and finish so I can wash dishes and we can start on your book.” I roll my eye and think about offering to do the dishes to postpone reading even more but instead my mouth opens and the only words that come out are “okay grandma I 'm almost done.” No matter how much I hate reading, I hate doing the dishes even more.... [tags: Family, Mother, Second grade, First grade]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- My Alarm Clock- Personal Narrative 6:00am. Another day. "Rise and shine!" Yeah, right. Right now its Saturday; its the morning of course and I just remembered that my English teacher expects that I turn in the second portfolio of the year. As I look over at the time, I realize that I now have a topic to write about. I have read that aspiring writers should write about what they know. That's easy. All I know right now, indeed everything I'm aware of at this early hour centers around an insidious little device on my night stand.... [tags: Papers]
540 words (1.5 pages)