Air pollution is a gas, liquid, or solid dispersed through ordinary air, which released in a big enough quantity to harm the health of people or other animals, kill plants or stop them growing properly, damage or disrupt any other aspect of the environment such as making buildings crumble, or cause some other kind of nuisance that can reduce visibility or an unpleasant odor (Chris Woodford). According to an article that published by the Sacramento Bee, the author stated that Fresno and other cities in the Central Valley are also suffering from geographical disadvantages, and tons of the tiny particle pollution produced on the coast and they carried inland by prevailing winds. Specifically, agriculture industry is one of the air pollutants that generate the bad air quality throughout Fresno because of their heavy machinery. Fresno is one of the largest cities that produce a large amount of agricultural and diary products in the United States. Historically, Fresno is known as the “agricultural capital” in California; however, this city is now placed near the top of air pollution lists in the state of California. Traffic congestion and human activities have contributed to the pollu...
... middle of paper ...
...resno State New, an air pollution study by a California State University, Fresno institute specifies that as Ozone and Particle Matter in central San Joaquin Valley air increase, so do rates of children’s asthma emergency-room visits and hospitalizations (FSNArchive).
air pollution from cars and agricultural industry are major causes of asthma attacks. The disadvantage of air pollution to human’s heath is it can develop asthma for health people if they breathe the bad air quality from the environment for a long period of time. Air pollution kills more people in the San Joaquin Valley than homicide. More than 2,200 people have died prematurely over the past two years because of our dirty air. Furthermore, One out of six children who live in Fresno County has asthma, which is twice the national average, and it is the highest rate in the state (Fresno Metro Ministry).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. Introduction A. Attention getter: Fumes. Gases. Toxins. We cannot survive without air; even though, we must inhale any air that is available in the atmosphere. According to the Environmental Protection Agency “a new gas powered lawn mower produces…air pollution in one hour of operation as 11 new cars each being driven for one hour” (Springfels). If the society keeps producing technology, then the environment will be destroyed. B. Relevance: Air pollution is something that everyone should be concern, especially if we’re advancing a lot in technology, especially in vehicles and the importance of our air or the environment.... [tags: Air pollution]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Air pollution is a very big problem in our environment today, and the reason why is because of the cars, buses, planes, boats, and any factory plants that are producing smoke which causes a lot of radiation; many people that live near those industrial areas are in big risk of having cancer and the air they breathing is just affecting their health even more, many electric powered cars, which many companies says they are environmentally friendly has a battery made in a plant that affects the environment, and also the hybrid cars do have gasoline powered engines which will also affect the environment since they have mufflers on the back of the cars throwing out carbon monoxide putting many peop... [tags: Air pollution]
1384 words (4 pages)
- There have been several environmental changes in the world recently occurring due to the pollution of the environment. Increase in production, manufacturing, the use of motor vehicles and basically dumping waste into the environment. This has brought about different types of pollution, each resulting in negative effects due to reducing quality air and other environmental features. If things keep going down this road, the future generations may not have a clean environment to come to, and it may even signify the end of our world.... [tags: Pollution, Air pollution, Environmentalism]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Household and farming chemicals can also harm our atmosphere. Crop dusting, fumigating homes, household cleaning products, painting supplies, over the counter insect or pest killers, and fertilizer dust can emit harmful chemicals into the air and causes air pollution as well. We may fall ill if we breathe in any of these products. A lot of activities that we as humans do everyday result in air pollution. But, who does it effect. Are we, as humans, safe. Air pollution is a problem for all the living.... [tags: Air pollution, Pollution, Smog, Environmentalism]
701 words (2 pages)
- Air is valuable essence of every living thing on earth, especially the human race. Clean air is key to sustain the equilibrium of life on this planet. Having deficient air quality can lead to multiple consequences such as emissions from various substances, both natural and human caused. Air is a combination of several gases that are invisible and odorless. Air pollution occurs when the environment contains gases, dust, fumes or other harmful substances. The amounts which are harmful to humans and animals could also damage to plants and materials.... [tags: Air pollution]
1386 words (4 pages)
- W.I.F.E does not only concentrate on political issues, but also environmental ones. Today in modern day, our environment has been affected by air pollution. A problem that affects all of us and which we’re just letting it pass by without doing anything about it. More specifically I am here to tell you about the problem we have with the air we are inhaling. This problem is affecting more and more people around the world especially children. The numbers of the people who are affected because of it is growing and growing more and more as the years pass by.... [tags: Pollution, Air pollution, Health, Health care]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- Air pollution is one of the harmful substances to our environment, and it causes the damaging of the environment in the atmosphere such as, human and animal health and the quality of life. This is, recently there has been an increase in the death rates that result from diseases that caused by air pollution such as, asthma, respiratory system problem, lung cancer (National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences). Air pollution does not only affect humans’ live, but it also damages our ecological system as a whole such as plants and animals.... [tags: Air pollution, Particulate, Smog, Ozone]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Local Effects of Air Pollution Locally I live in a rural area that experiences very little air pollution, and the amount that is present often travels from other regions and in some cases, other countries. Information on the area I live in is not available so I chose the next small city, twenty-minutes away, that had available measurements. First, I will look at the types of pollutant that are present in our air, and I will discuss the adverse effects they have on human health and the environment.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Pollution, Particulate]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- 1- Introduction: Nowadays, air pollution has become a complex issue, particularly exhaust gas such as sulphates and nitrates, which could be harmful to the health or comfort of humans and animals or which could cause damage to plants and materials. The main target of refinery factory is to reduce efficiently the sulphur content in fuels (gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, i.e.) and produce ultra-clean fuels by applying existing technologies and continuously developing advanced technologies of different physical and chemical processes.... [tags: Petroleum, Oil refinery, Hydrodesulfurization]
1729 words (4.9 pages)
- Along with being aware about air pollution, we should also be aware about ozone concentrations and fossil fuel burning. The public should be concerned with ozone concentrations because they are constantly increasing. Ozone levels are increasing because of the heat and pollution. The public should be informed on how to reduce pollution and heat. Some steps the public can take to reduce pollution are to use public transportation and electric vehicles, conserve energy and recycle. Moreover, planting more plants will reduce heat and decrease ozone levels.... [tags: Oxygen, Carbon dioxide, Greenhouse gas]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- The Frameworks Help Social Workers
- The Link Between Retrograde Motion And The Cosmic Sphere
- The Importance Of A Good Teacher Is Rare
- Exposure Of The Shadows : An Analysis Of Joseph Conrad 's Manipulation Of Light And Dark
- The Importance Of Motivation And Productivity, Organizational Culture, And Job Satisfaction
- The Generic Term Labor Union