“You are a talented actress Rachelle, figure it out. I will see you in two weeks. You have that long to memorize you entire script and get into character.” With that, Director Nicholas stood and left me to stare into the burning lights.
Oh how that man aggravated me! He was an exceptional Director hands down, however, he was also the most annoying and pushy Director I had ever worked with. I enjoyed acting as a hobby, and I enjoyed the challenge of a difficult character, but this, this was going to be even harder than I had originally imagined. I sat down cross legged on the stage and put my face in my hands.
I had signed a contract with a major theater corporation two years ago, as a hobby when I wasn’t working. I figured I had time for acting between calls from Director Fury and Coulson. Unfortunately, I didn’t read the fine print before I signed the dotted line. I was now required to act for the Corp. for another five years and I had no withstanding arguments when it came to the parts I was assigned, less I forfeit six months worth of pay.
This particular production was the biggest one of the year and I was cast as the main character. Unfortunately, the main character was a leader of a group of rogue government officials. The script featured my character, commanding, killing, arguing and being fairly evil. It was everything I had tried to let go of. Everything I had tr...
... middle of paper ...
...re a mortal and I could crush you without a single thought.” He loosened his grip a little bit. I wondered why the cab driver didn’t stop him, or at least say something.
“Anybody can become angry — that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way — that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.” I whispered, not expecting him to know the quote, or to even understand why I even said it. He released his grip on me and sat back, the temperature returning to normal again.
“Aristotle. You are forgetting that I am not anybody and I am angry with everyone.” He went silent again and I sat there wondering what had just happened.
McCoy, Dan. "Loki" Norse Mythology. 2013. http://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-creatures/the-aesir-gods-and-goddesses/loki/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “How am I supposed to portray something that is the complete opposite of me?” My voice had risen to the volume associated with anger, but I was more frustrated than angry. I squinted into the bright lights, set just below the stage. I could just make out my theater Director sitting in a chair with his arms crossed over his scrawny chest. “You are a talented actress Rachelle, figure it out. I will see you in two weeks. You have that long to memorize you entire script and get into character.” With that, Director Nicholas stood and left me to stare into the burning lights.... [tags: theatre, production, mythology, Loki, Fury]
2326 words (6.6 pages)
- From more than two thousand years ago, people put some fabric on their body to protection. It does not take so much time to come with message. People want be “different” or “standing out” from other and fashion is an easiest and most popular way to show your uniqueness. Children don 't get to express their own style. The clothes they wear, or the way they wear, but with dress codes that privilege is taken away. Also, without dress codes, you can keep up with the latest fashions or styles. People are often judged by appearance.... [tags: High school, Dress code, Gender, Trousers]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Sports Agents People have been entertained by sport since before the gladiators in the Roman Coliseum. In the 20th century, the publics’ passion for sport consumes more and more of their free time. As sports figures became internationally recognized, athletes began to realize their need for professional representation. Thus, sports agents were born. The field of sports agents has grown since then into an enormous field. Agents now deal with every aspect of an athlete’s life. Agents can be considered professional mangers who find the best place for their client’s talent.... [tags: History Athletics Sport Agent Essays]
1735 words (5 pages)
- In Desert Shield and Desert Storm, Iraqi forces fired 93 Scud missiles at coalition forces in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Israel. (Rostker) Air Defense Artillery (ADA) played an immensely significant role in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm with units from 11th Brigade Air Defense Artillery and the 32d Air Defense Command rapidly deploying into theater. The effectiveness of the units and their roles in fighting this war proved that Air Defense Artillery was critical to the success of the campaign.... [tags: Military History]
1624 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction Motivation and background Decisions about optimizing the capital structure of the firm, no matter if it is a small business or a global corporation, has always been an important issue for the management. Various authors, (e.g. Booth (2002), Cooper and Nyborg (2006), Farber, Gillet and Szafarz (2006)) state that debt policy may only be viewed in terms of maintaining a fixed market value debt ratio (Miles-Ezzell assumption) or a fixed dollar amount of debt (Modigliani-Miller assumption).... [tags: Tax Shield of Debt]
1648 words (4.7 pages)
- ... Studies have suggested that the use of human social skills by embodied agents will ensure more natural and engaging interaction. On the other hand, other studies argue that embodied agents which use human behavior skills may produce false picture of their abilities due to the fact that they may be perceived more intelligent than they really are . Furthermore, in the next two sections we will describe some limitations of Embodied Conversational agents, and indicate the design decision’s perspectives of virtual agents.... [tags: overview, concerns, agents, design]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- Cardiovascular Agents Pharmacy Technician Preparedness Cardiovascular Agents Cardiovascular agents are used to treat the heart, circulatory, and vascular system. Each Sub-Class has a unique active ingredient that targets the issues that our body cannot fight with alone. Patients who have one or more cardiovascular conditions such as CHF, hypertension and an arrhythmia may be taking multiple medications for each condition. There are multiple subclasses that I will be discussing. Even though they all are used for the cardiovascular system, they do target different areas.... [tags: antiarrhythmic agents, pregnancy]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- Alternative Fining Agents Topic: Alternative Vegetable Fining Agents: Patatin P. Word count discounting headings, works cited, and title page – 1,500. Luann Steele VIT215 Enology Research Paper Topic: Alternative Vegetable Fining Agents: Patatin P. Introduction There is gaining interest by the food and winemaking industry in the search for the development of alternative fining agents that are both economical, and efficient, have the least allergenic reactions in susceptible subjects, and can produce the same effects as traditional commercial products available1/2.... [tags: Alternative Vegetables Fining Agents]
1546 words (4.4 pages)
- In the period between 1760 and confederation, settlement in Lower and Upper Canada pushed into the Canadian Shield. In Lower Canada, settlement in the Shield was mostly by the Saguenay River, St. Maurice Valley and the area north of Montreal. In Upper Canada, settlement was attempted in the Ottawa-Huron Tract which was eastward from Lake Huron into the Ottawa Valley. Canadian colonial settlement shared a fluctuating relationship with the Canadian Shield. The Shield was a barrier to settlement until population increases pushed the boundaries.... [tags: Canadian History ]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- As long as there is thought there will always be debate as to the relevance and applications of any figure that has potential symbolism deeper than its appearance. We see it with the Bible, with its accompanying fundamentalism, literalism, interpretationalism, and its downright detractors. Attention given to an object for such a prolonged time is bound to foster battleground for linguists, philosophers, and literary scholars. Additionally, we see it with the Shield of Achilles in Homer's The Iliad.... [tags: The Iliad Essays]
745 words (2.1 pages)