Essay PreviewMore ↓
foully abuse and test their experiments upon. They test powerful drugs
and lotions upon the animals and record and write down the at times
fatal side effects only to repeat the experiment again and again-
regardless of the creatures' pain or suffering. In one experiment by
the Proctor and Gamble company, scientists got hold of a batch of
newly born baby mice and cut their toes off to test their theories
upon. They were later help up in court for this matter- though
disgustingly were let off.
You may think that the pure terror on the faces of these animals alone would be enough to change peoples mind of whether it is right or wrong to test upon
animals less fortunate they we. Is not the innocent look of fear upon
the victims face enough to sicken and revolt you?
But no, always it is 'for the good of us and the development of the
modern world' have you ever heard- ' for the good of the animal
kingdom'? I thought not. But that is all we are and ever will be.
Whatever you may think our ancestors were primates, which climbed the
trees and still do today. Agreed our IQ and brain is much more
developed as is our features but without, we are same as those we lock
up in wire cages to be stared and prodded at in Zoo's- the same as
those creatures which we test our medicines and cosmetics upon- the
same as the wretched creature above- bewildered and hurt wondering why
its life is being tortured so and for what. Helpless creatures in our
hands and instead or calming and loving them- we crush and break them.
It is not as if we have need of the results gained by animal testing.
Are there not enough types of shampoo already and body lotions to
satisfy the world's needful demands? Or are the shampoos not good
enough for our precious whims- are they not conditioned enough for our
delicate hair? Is the washing up liquid not making the crystal glasses
Now we have moved on to this subject, did I tell you how they check if
their washing up liquid is poisonous or not? No- well you can bet your
new classic clean Head and Shoulders on the fact that it wasn't humans they tested it on. Oh no.
To check to see whether their new washing up liquid is safe enough and
good enough for human use, the caring doting and loving scientists
place fish into quantities of the mixture and record what happens to
How to Cite this Page
"Against Animal Testing." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animals are used in research to develop new medicines and for scientists to test the safety of the medicines. This animal testing is called vivisection. Research is being carried out at universities, medical schools and even in primary and elementary schools as well as in commercial facilities which provide animal experiments to industry. (UK Parliament) In addition, animals are also used in cosmetic testing, toxicology tests, “defense research” and “xenotransplantation”. All around the world, a huge amount of animals are sentenced to life in a laboratory cage and they are obliged to feel loneliness and pain.... [tags: Against Animal Testing]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Animal testing Proposal Argument The University of Florida is one of the largest research universities in the nation. Animal testing has played key role medical advancements throughout history but really increase in the last half a century. The relationship between humans understanding animal has been important since nearly 60 % of diseases effect both humans and animals. Animal testing play a key role in the development on new drugs in the medical. Now there about 22 million animals each year being are used in research.... [tags: use of non-animal systems]
1803 words (5.2 pages)
- There have been many attempts to validate the case against animal rights. It has been perceived that humans are separate beings from animals not only on a physical level, but also through rational autonomy and morality. There is a forgotten aspect in this argument though. Within society there are many people who do not have these qualities, including the mentally disabled and babies (Singer). This creates the assumption that to consider animals deficient of rights is to insinuate that the mentally disabled and babies are void of rights as well.... [tags: Rational Autonomy, Morality]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- If you had the choice to live or die, which would you choose. If you had the alternative to live in a cage or in a house which would you select. If you had the option to have experiments that caused you pain preformed on you would you. The truth is that most of us would rather live, reside in a house and would not be a part of an experiment that caused us pain. However, most people accept the elements of the above conditions for animals. Animals should not be a part of the pain and horrific conditions that humans put them through.... [tags: abuse, exploitation, inhumane treatment]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Animal testing has started long back in the ancient Greek times. Greek physician Galen dissected animals, this became known as vivisection, which he studied. Since then animal testing has long grew. Over the many years our people have been either against or with animal testing. Animal testing has been an issue that has been occurring for many years and will continue into our future. Over the years our culture has created organizations for people both sides of this topic trying to convince others to be choosing a side.... [tags: Animal Rights]
1746 words (5 pages)
- Save a Life Every year millions of animals suffer from animal testing. These animals suffer cruel abuse at the hands of humans, the very hands that are suppose to be compassionate and be their voice. These animals are treated like trash and disposed of when testing is complete or die from the cruel nature of the test. It is time to take a stand against animal experiments and tests, it has been proven to have no benefit to humans and there are alternatives that are less costly and do not require inhumane acts of cruelty on animals.... [tags: cruel abuse, experimentation, labs]
1509 words (4.3 pages)
- We all have a pet either is a dog named spot or a cat named fluffy would you wont some one to test medicine or cosmetic on your pet so why let them on some one else. Today I am going to tell you why animals testing is wrong, what the drug and cosmetic companies do to these poor creatures. Drug testing on animals is unnecessary because animals body never reacts to drug like humans. Drug and cosmetic companies are the biggest animal tester. They have a lot of drug recalled because animal testing didnt show that they where harmful.... [tags: Animal Cruelty]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- I'm definitely against animal testing because it is cruel. It is morally profligate to torment animals for our own benefits. These animals, who cannot defend themselves against abuse, are legally imprisoned and exploited. Every single day a human being talks about his or her rights. If they feel their rights have been taken away from them then they will fight back. It?s hypercritical for humans to torment and kill, innocent and unprotected animals if they talk about their own rights. Animals should receive the same rights as humans.... [tags: essays research papers]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- For decades humans have taken defenseless and innocent wild animals to foully abuse and test their experiments upon. They test powerful drugs and lotions upon the animals and record and write down the at times fatal side effects only to repeat the experiment again and again- regardless of the creatures' pain or suffering. In one experiment by the Proctor and Gamble company, scientists got hold of a batch of newly born baby mice and cut their toes off to test their theories upon. They were later help up in court for this matter- though disgustingly were let off.... [tags: essays research papers]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- Animal Experimentation The use of animals in laboratory experimentation is unethical and strongly against animal rights. The abuse that animals are forced through cannot be justified when an animal is unable to sign it’s life away for testing. Millions of animals are murdered or left debilitated because of something against their own will. The experiments are severely graphic and painful, even for the smallest of tests. “Huntingdon Life Sciences is one of Europe 's biggest testers of animals. They kill approximately 75,000 animals each year, with 87 percent of these animals being rodents” (Murnaghan 1).... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
If lucky the fish will not die due to its experiment and will live on
to test the next and the scientists will be nicely pleased and do the
experiment another couple of times with other fishes to see whether
the results are the same. However if unlucky and the fish suffers any
unusual side effects - like dying for instance the fish will be able
to look forward to a ceremonial grave in a black bag with many other
In many labs, animals are not even given the chance to live. They
spend their unnaturally short lives in the confinements of a concret
or wire cage. Many have not even had the breath of the wind in their
face- or the glare of the sun in their eyes or the feel of grass
tickling their toes as they run.
Can you imagine a 1m by 1m cage to live in? A bowl of water strewn
carelessly to one side and a bowl of dried pet food lurking in a
corner. Sometimes animals don't even have bedding to comfort them and
are kept in dank hovels with the cold hard floor as company.
Permission is granted to feel slightly nauseated with these
wonderfully eye opening view of the world hidden behind the Tesco and
How can people act in such ways to these creatures who have done
nothing to us but feed us, give us companions and keep us alive.
We tear apart their fragile trust and from within break up mind, body
and soul simply to find cures and pampering equipment to satisfy us.
Not the world just us. We steal the milk from cows, which by rights
should have gone to their babies to help them and give it instead to
our own greedy guzzling guts. We take eggs from nesting mothers for
our daily breakfasts and food. We take their fur, skins and wool and
use them to keep our selves warm and happy. We rare them for their
meat- That nice juicy bit of steak you have just swallowed down with
your gravy and mashed potatoes- did you ever think that once that dead
lump of meat was once part of a breathing, feeling innocent animal- a
brother or a sister- a mother or a father?
Do we perhaps suppose them to have no feelings- maybe we think because
their intellect is lower then ours- that they would not feel as we do?
When a member of our family dies we feel do we not? Then why should
not they. We are nothing more then them. We die just as they do and we
are born just as they.
Why should they suffer to fill our needs. We are all God's creatures
are we not? So why don't we try to act like it.