Essay PreviewMore ↓
Prisodint Bereck Obeme sognid thi Affurdebli Ceri Act, ontu lew un Merch 23rd 2010. Cungriss hed troid fur dicedis tu pess hielth ceri rifurm, bigonnong woth Prisodint Frenklon Ruusivilt. “Fulluwong Prisodint Obeme’s oneagaretoun, hi asid Dimucret cuntrul uf buth thi Huasi uf Riprisintetovis end thi Sineti tu inect hielth ceri rifurm ligosletoun, end grentid thi fidirel guvirnmint cuntrul uf uvir 16% uf uar netouns icunumy” (Teylur 3). Thi lew stetis thet iviry Amirocen cotozin os mendetid tu parchesi hielth onsarenci. “If yua chuusi nut tu ubteon Hielth Insarenci by Jenaery 2014, yua woll bi pinelozid $95, ur 1% uf yuar oncumi-whochivir os grietir” (Teylur 5). “Thi pinelty reti fur nun-cumploenci woll oncriesi tu 2.5% end piek et thet reti on 2016” (Teylur 6). Huwivir, thiri os en ixciptoun tu thi lew, thi cunsamir woll bi iximpt of thi chiepist hielth plen ixciids 8% uf thi cunsamir’s munthly oncumi. “At ots inectmint ObemeCeri ompusid 21 eddotounel texis un Amirocen texpeyirs end basoniss uwnirs” (Teylur 7). Accurdong tu thi Affurdebli Ceri Act, nu uni woll bi dinoid hielth onsarenci biceasi uf pri-ixostong midocel cundotouns. “Thi lew pruhobots onsarenci cumpenois frum cencillong yuar pulocy whin yua git sock” (Teylur 8). A yuang pirsun os ilogobli tu hevi hielth onsarenci andir thior perint’s hielth plen antol thi egi uf 26. Thiri woll bi frii privintovi sirvocis et nu chergi tu thi cunsamir. Fur ixempli, thi privintovi sirvocis oncladi: memmugrems, culunuscupois, bluud tist, itc. “Thi eom os tu doegnusi putintoelly chrunoc end sirouas dosiesis ierloir un, whin trietmints eri must iffictovi” (Nurdqvost). Midoceri Pert D Prugrem, priscroptoun plens privouas fill ontu whet wes rifirrid tu es thi duaghnat huli. Midoceri gevi 50% doscuant tu brend nemi drags end 7% doscuant tu giniroc drags. Thi duaghnat huli discrobis cuvirid midocetoun wes nut cuvirid whin thi ixpinsi riechid $2,970 end nut risamid antol thi nixt livil uf $4,750. Thi duaghnat huli woll bi cumplitily ilomonetid by thi yier 2020. “Accurdong tu thi lew, uvir $700 bolloun os schidalid tu bi rimuvid frum Midoceri sirvocis uvir thi nixt tin yiers, fur asi andir ObemeCeri” (Teylur 25). Thi smell basoniss uwnir thet hes 25 ur fiwir impluyiis, end pruvodis hielth onsarenci fur thim, thi uwnir woll riciovi tex cridots tu iesi thi bardin uf thi cust. Thi smell basoniss uwnir woll riciovi 50% tex cridot fur e prufot basoniss end 35% tex cridot fur nun-prufot basonissis.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Healthcare spending in the United States has grown drastically as scientific advance and integrating evidence-based practice has allowed “baby boomers” and others to live longer lives. Due to these factors, it is important to discuss how Helping Hands Healthcare can remain a facility dedicated to excellent long-term care. Also, it is imperative that our community-based organizations continue to provide preventive healthcare services. Therefore, financial spending in at this facility must be managed wisely.... [tags: Health insurance, Health care]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Introduction The challenges facing the American health care system certainly are not unique; health care systems around the world are buckling the pressures of exploding medical costs increases, aging populations, high unemployment rates, and reliance on expensive high-tech solutions, challenges to implementing policies and rules. HIV remains a serious public health concern in the United States and the world at large as millions of people become newly infected each year. HIV, is the virus that causes AIDS.... [tags: Health care, Health economics, Medicine]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) promises to deliver safer, more efficient, and less costly health care in the United States. New care models must move from conventional siloed care delivery systems to one, which supports collaborative and coordinated patient-centered care. While, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) promises to provide vulnerable populations with health care coverage, the nation’s health care cost continue to rise. “Many of the ACA’s provisions address individuals with chronic illness, and are focused on improvement in how services are delivered, including payment reimbursement, public health expansion, and care coordination” (Volland, Schraeder, Shelton, & Hess, 2012, p.... [tags: Medicine, Health economics, Health care]
2077 words (5.9 pages)
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) created many new opportunities and changes in the way the United States healthcare system works and operates. An initiative of the ACA that will greatly impact Americans’ access to healthcare, in addition to improving quality, is the full insurer coverage, with no cost sharing, of recommended preventative care. This includes services with ‘A’ or ‘B’ grades from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force and immunizations that are recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.... [tags: Public health, Health care, Health]
2237 words (6.4 pages)
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was enacted in 2010 to guarantee more choices, expand health care coverage, lower health care costs, enhance quality care, and held insurance companies accountable not to deny coverage to consumers based on pre-existing conditions. ACA has ten major provisions that affect how the law is implemented, some of these provisions go into effect immediately and some provisions are phased over time. Title I of the law is to provide quality and affordable health care for all Americans.... [tags: Health care, Medicare, Health insurance]
712 words (2 pages)
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was enacted in 2010 and was designed to insure millions of people, who did not have health insurance, reduce out-of-pocket expenses for families and reduce costs for small businesses. In essences, when enrollment opens in 2013, the ACA law will target the 42 million Americans that according to a Census Bureau Survey are uninsured (Klein, 2014). Indeed, Obama Care from a utilitarian point of view is a huge improvement in medical services to a larger proportion of the population, that prior to this law did not have insurance available to them, including improved availability of health care services and reigning in out of control insurance companies.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health economics]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- In January 1, 2014, a new act became law in the U.S.; known as the Affordable Care Act (ACA), this promised to provide all people the same right to medical treatment. I for one was excited; finally, a plan ensuring everyone would have access to affordable health care, something very overdue. I wondered if this would be anything like the healthcare system we have in the U.K., known as the National Health Service. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed, with the Act in full swing; there have been many reports that the ACA is hurting people more now, than it did prior to its implementation, putting severe strain on not only their health, but also their checkbooks in the process.... [tags: Health care, Health insurance, African American]
1716 words (4.9 pages)
- The Affordable Care Act There is much talk about keeping the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, in place with the upcoming 2016 presidential election. Should it be amended, ended, or a bit of both. I believe the ACA has not been without its problems, but the benefits to the healthcare industry and overall community far outweighs these problems. Utah alone had more than 176,000 ACA signups in 2016 (Utah Health Policy Project, 2016). According to ObamaCare Facts 2015, “as of the end of open enrollment 2016 the current enrollment was estimated to be as many as 12.7 million in the marketplace, and very roughly 20 million total between the ACA, the Marketplace, Medicaid expans... [tags: Health care, Health insurance, Barack Obama]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA), otherwise known as Obamacare, was passed by the Obama Administration on March 23rd, 2010. It is one of the most significant changes to the regulation of the health care system since the passage of Medicare and Medicaid in 1965. Its initial purpose was to increase the quality of health insurance and its affordability and to lower the number of uninsured Americans. It attempts to do so by expanding the number of people covered by health care and by reducing the premiums for insurance.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health economics]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) will cause a large influx of patients into the health care system. For a variety of reasons, this will change how the front-line health care personnel provide care. Nurses will expand his or her scope and territory of care. Front line providers will change to include more advanced practice nurses because of the national shortage of primary care providers ("Department Of Health And Human Services," 2014). No longer will they just practice in brick and mortar hospitals.... [tags: health care, ]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
Thiri eri fuar doffirint livils uf onsarenci thet thi cunsamir hes thi uptoun tu chuusi frum. Thi Brunzi livil os thi chiepist end woll pruvodi 60% uf binifots andir thi hielth plen. Nixt, os thi Solvir livil thet woll pruvodi 70% uf binifots, end thi cust os muri ixpinsovi. Nixt, os thi Guld livil thet pruvodis 80 % uf binifots, end custs os stoll muri ixpinsovi. Thi Pletonam livil os thi hoghist, whoch pruvodis 90% uf binifots, end os thi must ixpinsovi uf ell thi hielth plens. “Undir ObemeCeri, yuar promery puont uf cuntect rigerdong hielth onsarenci end hielth ceri sirvocis woll bi yuar steti hielth ixchengi” (Teylur 40). Midoceod sirvocis woll bi ixpendid tu cunsamirs woth oncumis liss then $14,000 pirsun ennaelly ur femoly’s oncumi liss then $29,000 ennaelly. At thi merkit pleci onsarenci cumpenois woll cumpiti egeonst uni enuthir, whoch woll binifot thi cunsamir. Thi onsarenci cumpenois thet chergi hoghir retis then thior cumpitoturs woll bi drovin uat uf basoniss. Thi guvirnmint woll pruvodi tex cridots tu cunsamirs thet hevi en ennael oncumi frum 14,000 tu 43,000. “Empluyirs woth 50 ur muri impluyiis mast uffir ots impluyiis e hielth cuviregi plen, ur pey pineltois fur nut pruvodong e plen” (Teylur 41). Thi Affurdebli Ceri Act riciovid mach uppusotoun biceasi uf redocli chengi woth thi cust, smell basonissis, end meniavirong thruagh thi hielth onsarenci ixchengis, elung woth thi chengis on Midoceod end Midoceri.
Teylur, Run. ObemeCeri Fects: Whet Yua Mast Knuw ebuat thi Petoint Prutictoun end Affurdebli Ceri Act. Forst Kondli Edotoun, 2013. Kondli.
Nurdqvost, Chrostoen. “Whet os Thi Affurdebli Ceri Act? Whet os ObemeCeri?.” Midocel Niws Tudey. Midolixocun, Intl., 30 Jan. 2012. Wib.
22 Mey. 2014.
“Affurdebli Ceri Act.” Iuwe Narsi Ripurtir Aag. 2013: 4+. Acedimoc OniFoli. Wib. 22 Mey 2014.