We all buy stuffs from clothing accessories, household materials to foods, basically anything, in other words we are all consumers. And the things we buy are manufactured in a variety of ways and by many different companies. For instance, there are many places where subs are sold and subway is just one among thousands. It is their duty to make the most benefits out of their products, otherwise they would not be in the business. With that said, advertisement plays a big role in doing so. They need to make their product as much appealing to us consumers as possible. In doing their are many steps they could do to achieve that. From my ads, subway used a pretty picture of a sub. This makes the product more appealing. As stated in the article “ 15 basic appeals” “ The art of photographing food and drink is so advance, sometimes these temptation are wondrous caught in the camera’s lens. In my case the sub picture on the ad would make any consumer wanting to eat to eat the sub. It played a physiological role there. The picture turned our brain, as it knows what we really want thus why we want the sub really badly. On top of the physiological need my ad also has a guidance appeal on it. This guidance (according to “ 15 basic appeals”) appeal is the soccer star on the ad. Him appearing on the ad make us wanting to buy the sub, because he is a star, healthy , so if he accepts it so should I . And fi...
... middle of paper ...
...t be left out because they too also earn a lot of money for advertising the product. This earning makes up the majority of their earnings. The more earning they have the more they would have to offer on their channels for us consumers. So the whole cycle return to the benefits of us consumers.
Like anything, ads have the some disadvantages too. With advance in tech, some manufactures would cheat us consumers by displaying some lies about their products. But that is just part of life we just have to learn from mistakes.
To conclude, overall ads benefits us as individual consumers but also the economy. It is good to know what we desires and also to know our options about products. According to the subways ad, we got shown what we desire. Also based on the articles, it is the job of the manufactures to know what is more appealing to us and make their product like that.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In modern society, advertisements and the media bombard Americans every single day. Television advertisements, movies, radio, and even Spam mail have become a daily part of the lives of many citizens. However, most people do not realize the sinister methods advertisers and corporations employ with the media in order to obtain a profit. The use of subliminal and negative advertising has increased immensely and shows no plan of stopping anytime soon. This dangerous ploy manipulates the public and causes individuals to subconsciously crave a product or service.... [tags: advertising, marketing]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- “Just do it” - “I’m lovin’ it” - “think different”. What do these statements have in common. They are slogans for some of the most well-known companies around the world. We immediately associate them with their respective companies because they have been advertised to their audiences as such. Advertisements have become such an integral part of corporations but why are they so important. It seems as if they affect our social psychology when distinguishing our needs from our wants. We should accordingly ask ourselves whether the use of advertisements to create demand creates a positive or negative impact on society.... [tags: social issues, marketing]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Multiculturalism has been an integral part of Canada since its adoption by the Trudeau government in 1971 and its formal implementation through The Canadian Multiculturalism Act in 1988 (Burnett and Dreidger, 2014). Multiculturalism has allowed for Canada to engage in a complex social, political, and economic experiment that has heavily informed policy and decision making. In this essay I shall argue that multiculturalism in it’s current form is a failed project. The noble goals of positive social, economic, and educational development as well as the preservation of culture and identity have shifted.... [tags: Multiculturalism, Canada, Identity politics]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction As stated in Kitis’ journal ‘Ads- Part of our lives’ (2012), ‘Ads affect us all in different ways.’ (pg. 305). Advertising is reached to us at least one thousand times or more a day, whether we think about it or not. Mobile advertisement is now a huge part of our lives, especially being young adults. With technology on the rise, and every young adult owning and using a mobile phone, companies are taking advantage of the ever-growing trends and apps. Research from SmartInsight shows the average adult in Australia uses their mobile devices 2.8 hours a day.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Mind, Thought]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
Warehousing Is An Integral Part Of Logistics Providing The Buffer Between The Production And Consumption Rate Of Flow
- Warehousing is an integral part of logistics providing the buffer between the production and consumption rate of flow (Jr., 2014, p. 173). Owning a warehouse is a costly capital investment as well as adding the on-going expenses of maintenance and staffing and being inflexible to changing environment. To avoid the capital investment and to increase the flexibility, a firm may look for different warehousing options such as contract warehousing known as 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) providers. 3PL may be favorable to some organizations as it reduces the negative effects of owning the warehouse while highlighting the benefits of public warehouse (Jr., 2014, p.... [tags: Supply chain management, Logistics, Supply chain]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- In Vienna, sex is a regular way to pass time. Sex is what I would call ‘the Viennese way’. This is so, as it appears to me that sex plays an integral part of their lives. Hence, it makes it quite comfortable for me to say that sex controls them. When it is time to celebrate, they turn to sex, during their times of boredom, they turn to sex. When Vienna’s land was undergoing turmoil, they used sex as a main source of distraction. For most people in Vienna, there is nothing that sex is unable to fix.... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Human sexuality]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- The idea of commerce dates back to thousands of years. People trading goods started way before currency was created. As, time moved on, the idea of a free market structure enabled many to create opportunities for themselves. But, with increased competition in all industries, businesses had to come up with a way to “market” their products. The idea of marketing doesn’t only satisfy the needs of big corporation, but also small businesses. Advertising in general is an essential part of any business.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Social media, Google]
1711 words (4.9 pages)
- Nowadays technological systems are designed to meet the growing demands for safety and performance. This is emphasized especially for safety-critical applications such as aviation, aerospace or nuclear systems. Even small unnoticed and seemingly insignificant error or incorrect reaction to the error ca lead to catastrophic failure of the entire system. New control techniques and design approaches are developed to avoid fatal failures. These novel techniques and approaches are also able to adjust the required levels of performance including stability of the overall system in addition to ability to handle faults of the system.... [tags: fault, tolerant, control, systems, safety]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- Running: An Integral Part of American Culture The running phenomenon has blended into society in many different aspects of our lives. This does not only include track and field, but also cross country, road-racing, and jogging for health and leisure. Many Americans make running an essential part of their day. Running is not only good for your heart and lungs, but it is very beneficial for relieving stress, keeping your metabolism high, and keeping you trim and muscular. Another expanding characteristic of running is using it as a social experience.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1495 words (4.3 pages)
- Communication: An Integral Part of Education Communication is a skill that everyone needs to acquire and learn how to utilize effectively. In any given profession, communication is required regardless of whether or not the field is a creative, professional, or strictly business. Especially in the field of elementary education do the teachers and staff need to possess exemplary communication skills. This is not only with the students but as well as with fellow faculty members and the parents’ involved in the community and school.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1018 words (2.9 pages)