Firstly, the history behind the self-driving car is all the trial and error put forth in order to have a safe driving machine. Countless ideas had to be thrown out and reconstructed. The self-driving car is not a new idea, this has been talked about for decades. A car driving itself wasn’t the first idea proposed to change the way we travel, it was quickly learned just how daunting the task at hand will be. Since creating intelligent vehicles is very difficult, initial autonomous proposals centered on specific interstate for maneuvering appropriately readied vehicles on it. More like a railway than artificial intelligence (Weber 8). This idea did not receive the large amount of funding it needed so it was scraped and it was on to the next concept; a car that can drive itself.
Next, many companies begin their work on self-driving cars such as: Google, Tesla, Mercedes-Benze, Nissan and Audi. All these companies except Google and now Tesla are working on cars that are not completely autonomous. It’s more of a car that assists the driver in every way, making the...
... middle of paper ...
...ence that these cars are able to implement the slowing of the car at a much faster rate than a person would be able to react at a threatening situation, implies these cars are greatly secure versus person operators (Wallach 348).
Lastly, the forthcoming of the self-driving car will transport us to a futurological world that we all dreamt about as kids. These cars could be able to reduce traffic and collisions. Provide a safer and more convenient way to travel. These cars could aid any susceptible people in our civilization, like old people that are unable to operate a vehicle safely (Hosansky 2). Even it could happen to be that our transportation setup will be more like a shared taxi service, where you call for a car and it arrives at your door. No matter what these cars bring with the good or bad it is important to keep innovating and trying to push the boundaries.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Experiencing the world is a feeling like un-other where I’m free to do as I choose as I’m in charge of which paths to take and explore. My happy place is behind the wheel of my car it is my freedom to see what the world has to offer. Whether I be driving to school or a friend’s house the experience of driving is what I crave most. With every traveled mile a new adventure has been accomplished, a feeling of thrill has been sought after, and a challenge to continue going forward is presented before me.... [tags: Driving, Automobile, Diesel engine, Truck]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- One tradition that has made every country different is its culture. A culture represents and creates the country’s history and traditions. From the hard working environment in China to the laid-back lifestyle in America, these are some examples of unique cultures. Even with different lifestyles, travelers can experience the hardships that occur while traveling. One article “ Adventure of a lifetime” demonstrated these difficulties when a family moved from America to Peru and their struggles during their transition.... [tags: Culture, The Culture, Peru, Knowledge]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- Amazing and Thrilling Adventure with Ayung River Rafting Bali is identical with beautiful beaches and religious temples. For those who often visit Bali and enjoy its tourist destinations, they may be monotonous places to come. There are quite lot natural adventure attractions at Bali such as tracking to mountains, driving buggy to forest or rafting in the river wild. You may want to try the rafting adventure at the Ayung River that offer thrilling yet fun experience on an inflatable boat trying to tame the strong current of Ayung River.... [tags: bali, attraction, rafting]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Do designers look toward the concept car as a platform for more than just a new vehicle. From the 1930s to the 1970s the idea of travelling into space has captured the imagination of the human mind. Its ramifications on every aspect of living are completely unmistakable and have gone down in history for creating the style of a generation. But to understand this unique and unforgettable influence on design, it is first important to question the reasons for this fascination and why it was so important to those who strived to achieve it; not only in transport to space, but in our every day lives and tasks.... [tags: Design Thinking, Design Theory]
2235 words (6.4 pages)
- In David Laderman’s Driving Visions (2002), Laderman identifies three essential ingredients to the road movie genre - psychological identity crisis, socio-political critique and the revolutionary spirit of new Hollywood (“Driving Visions”, 27) where socio-political and historical critique plays a crucial role. Badlands (TM, 1973) undoubtedly fulfills these criterion set by Laderman and was particularly important to the genre, as it was part of a “boom of American auteur-driven breakouts that challenged American film making standards”(Runyon), and it left “a crowded legacy of road movies” in its wake (“Driving Visions”, 117).... [tags: romance, identity confusion, modernism]
1427 words (4.1 pages)
- Video games become popular these days, and one of the kids and adults ' interest. People like to play video games on computers or mobile phones, and they like different kinds of games such as violent and adventure games; also, they like to play them because they may learn some skills like patience. Moreover, kids can learn a lot of vocabulary from the game such as word. game. However, some game teaches us how we concentrate on the game like Rail Rush, which is an adventure game that you must travel to the depths of the mines to collect as many gold nuggets you can hold while avoiding barriers.... [tags: Play, Learning, Adventure game, World]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- Google has always been known for as a great search engine on the Internet and now it helps manage our lives with applications like Google maps, Google Translate and Google Drive. A person can do just about anything with Google except drive. Imagine a society where there are no traffic accidents and no speeding tickets or road rage, where cars drive themselves. Google is currently developing and testing this technology. Cars driving without a driver, it’s the start of a new era of vehicles. The technology of the self-driving car created by Google is based on a Global Positioning System (GPS); this GPS is programed with the help of Google maps.... [tags: maps, car, drive, self-driving]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- I didn 't know what cold was. In fact, the closest thing to cold was a few christmas ago when it was about sixty degrees and we almost die from hypothermia. On 2009 I was living in Rehoboth, Delaware and it was about to get cold. The winter will not only take the heat away, but also jobs and housing for immigrants like me. As the days got shorter and darker I made my plans. I was going to buy a car, move in it, and drive across the country to find a better version of myself. All i needed for my brilliant plan was a driver’s license.... [tags: Automobile, Driving, Driver's license]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Driver’s License I didn 't know what cold was. In fact, the closest thing to cold was a few Christmas ago when it was about sixty degrees and we almost die from hypothermia. On 2009 I was living in Rehoboth, Delaware and it was about to get cold. The winter will not only take the heat away, but also jobs and housing for immigrants like me. As the days got shorter and darker I made my plans. I was going to buy a car, move in it, and drive across the country to find a better version of myself.... [tags: Automobile, Driving, Driver's license]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Think Before You Drive As early as the age of three, many of us are intrigued by the idea of driving a car. We pretend to “drive” as we roll down the hallways of our homes in our Little Tikes plastic cars, swerving to avoid made-up obstacles and racing our friends at preschool in their matching vehicles. By the age of fourteen or fifteen, we are counting down the days until we are of age so that we can make the exciting trip to the DMV, where sixteen years of being chauffeured around by our parents come to an end.... [tags: Driving, Automobile, Driver's license]
895 words (2.6 pages)