Social media is a great tool that helps us keep up with family and friends across the world, we can stay up to date with events big and small happening across the country. If it is used the right way it can be a powerful tool for businesses it offers ways to make a company known and keep it known. All of us have those times when we are feeling down, and there is always something on social media that can make you smile and put everything into perspective. Furthermore there are so many things that the mainstream media tries to keep from us like how much sugar is really in our drinks, what our food really consists of, and when it’s really necessary to see a doctor.
Often times social media gets a bad reputation for how it impacts relationships. While not always the case, it can actually grow some relationships closer and help us keep in touch, especially if you are someone who travels around the world a lot. You get the opportunity to learn new things about other areas that you may never have a chance of traveling to or learning about, and keeping up with friends and family across the world is great. You get the chance to catch up and occasionally creep up on friends who you haven’t seen in years.When events big and small happen and we are not able to physically be there we can still be part of that event and know about it the second it happens. It offers ways to keep in touch with friends, and family through messages, video calling, photos, posts, and , much more. Moreover, social media meets our very basic need of belonging and hearing from our friends and family makes us feel important and loved. No one wants to be the last one to know about some important or even minor event of interest. As stat...
... middle of paper ...
... the know. Most of us don’t know how much sugar is in that soda we drank the other day, or how much grams we should be consuming every day. We don’t know if if the sugar in our drinks is real sugar, or artificial sweeteners. The majority of us don’t know when it’s really necessary to see a doctor, and most doctors won’t tell you the natural ways there are for relieving certain diseases. Thanks to social media we know that reducing intake of things such as caffeine, and alcohol can have a significant effect on our sleep. Likewise in the wireless industry a lot of us believe we’re getting a great deal on our new devices, or on our rate plans. Fortunately we have social media which let’s us see the clear picture. We know what other customer think of the service, how there plans compare , and the services they charge us for that competitors offer at no additional cost.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social Media- Double-Edged Sword Nowadays, computers and the Internet are developing very fast. Social media is not an exception. Computer users have a lot of choices when they use the social media, and it is becoming a part of people’s life. Some people said the social media is very useful. On the other hand, others claim that these are too many serious problems for people who using it. In my opinion, I strongly agree with both that the social media is not only having advantages, but it also has many disadvantages.... [tags: Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Social media]
716 words (2 pages)
- The more social media we have, the more we think we 're connecting, yet we are really disconnecting from each other. – JR The dictionary defines social media as websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking. To society, we recognize social media as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Social media is a global phenomenon that can be recognized all around the world by people of different ages. We have gotten to the point where individuals as young as five years old are able to recognize what social media is before they can even read.... [tags: Sociology, Facebook, Social media]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Social Media: Influencing behaviors In today society almost all of us use social media. To see what are friends/celebrities are up to and to see issues evolving around the world. We use social media to be informative not just around us but to be inform around the world. But does it influence the way we act or behave. I personally seen many people on their phone and many spend around 4-5 hours a day constantly checking or looking on their social media. But would that affect the way we think. Or is there any affect in the brain if we constantly do it every time.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Social network service]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- 1. Introduction “Engage or die” the story of a new marketing era. Due to constant technology changes, the arsing of digital communication as well as the potential that is offered by Web 2.0 lead to one of the most biggest trends in todays world- Social Media. Social Media can be described as innovative tools that connect people or so called users all around the world and give them the opportunity to interact with them. But not only on a personal level Social Media got more important over recent years, also companies have found more and more interest on Social Media as a business tool.... [tags: Social media, Marketing, Research, Facebook]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- When social media first started to become a widespread trend across the world, new ideas of what it meant to be socially involved were created. This lead to dozens of new outlets for the general public to become engaged in, leading to new and flashy trends that further diversified how social media played a part in our everyday lives. The humble beginnings of social media can be traced to sites like Friendster or Myspace which then evolved into Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit, et cetera.... [tags: Facebook, Social media, Sociology]
2004 words (5.7 pages)
- The topic of whether or not social networking sites have brought about a lot advantages as well as drawbacks for everybody is a very controversial one. On the one hand, many people think that besides very minor disadvantages, social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. have plenty of beneficial effects on people, especially students and pupils. Nothing is perfect, everything does have both of positive site and negative site. However, after careful analysis, I totally end up with the result of drawbacks outweigh advantages.... [tags: Social Medias, Technological Advancements]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction How we communicate with each other in our current society has changed drastically since social media became our main mode of social interaction with people all over the world. As the popularity of social media grows the way we research and obtain information on specific topics has been affected. As with any other technological advancement, there are advantages and disadvantages, whether it is in how we communicate with one another or how we obtain information about people or specific subject matter.... [tags: Social media, Communication, Information]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Social media seems a trend in the current world and a number of users are continuing to grow since smartphone and Internet access becomes largely adapted. According to stastista.com, in January 2016, approximately more than a third of the world’s population have an account on at least one of the social network. There is no doubt that the most popular social networks have a high number of active accounts or strong user engagement. For example, Facebook was the first social network who was first to have 1 billion monthly active users.... [tags: Sociology, Twitter, Government, Policy]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- 'I use social media on a daily basis. I wouldn’t say I use social media to much though. As the whole class witnessed in the video Generation Like social media is taking over the lives of kids all over the world. I personally love social media and all it can do for us. Social media is very powerful it can make or break the relationships you have formed. I love social media because i believe it brings you together with people you may have never been able to get to know had you not reached out through the internet.... [tags: Social media, Web 2.0, English-language films]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- Post-it notes are used by nearly everyone: mums, men, and children. People even write articles about Post-it notes. Michael Leddy wrote an article about Post-it notes suggesting 20 ways of how students can use this product (Leddy, M., n.d.). Social media sites play a major role as marketing channels. Facebook is the largest social media site. Therefore, Facebook is best suited for a promotional campaign of Post-it. In addition, Facebook’s user numbers steadily increase. Whereas Facebook had 1.4 million users in the beginning of 2015, user numbers increased to nearly 1.6 million users at the end of the same year (Statista, 2016).... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Advertising, YouTube]
1109 words (3.2 pages)