Tutoring is an after school activity that students can get answers of the questions they need help with very easily; besides this, there are also other advantages. If students go to an after-school tutoring, they can not only get help on specific areas they have trouble with, but also build their abilities of finding answers by themselves (Tearney). The director of Club Esteem said students get a lot of benefits at the organization; especially they can get help when they need help on some homework questions (Little). A tutor usually helps students on particular subjects; helps them who are struggling with their schoolwork, in order to improve their grades (Does Your Child Need a Tutor). If a student has been sick and missed some school days, it will be much more easier to catch up all missed lessons and assignments at an after-school tutoring than finding the teacher for help (Tearney). Improving students’ grades could be an effect of after-school tutoring, but it is absolutely not the only goal and focus. “Tutoring can lead students to concentrate on immediate performance to the exclusion of underlying learning issues” (Mendelsohn). Tutors could help the t...
... middle of paper ...
...munity (Goodwin). In brief, volunteering in the local community, as an after-school activity; not only can develop the society, build the student’s leadership and managing skills; but also help them with their future career.
As a student, besides they need to pay attention on their schoolwork, they also should participate in after-school activities. Being involved in after-school activities like attending tutoring, joining school sports and volunteering in the community are good ways for students to learn and develop. There are so many advantages of being involved in after-school activities; these can help students improving their problem solving abilities, time management, responsibility, and other necessary skills. There are many advantages of after-school activities that could help the society. Above all, after school activities are beneficial to students.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The American public education system has many flaws and deficiencies. Issues range from academic to financial crisis. John Tayler Gatto even contemplates whether compulsory schooling is a benefit or a detriment in his essay “Against School.” According to him, school-based education hinders and restricts students’ wit and creativity. He insists that schools have failed to offer proper education. For him, instead of the “long-term, cell-block-style, forced confinement” as means of education, “autonomy” should be the basis and foundation of learning (301).... [tags: american public education, john tayler gatto]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
- ... E. Study abroad has numerous positive influences. University of North Texas states that study abroad is a beneficial way to remind and decide on a future career for many students. Through interacting with individuals from other nations, students may be able to discover unknown personality traits of themselves. Most significantly, students who study abroad will ultimately “gain many skills which will appeal to graduate school admissions committees” (“Benefits”). The graduate schools will more likely choose students who studied abroad because of their experience.... [tags: choosing a college or university]
1736 words (5 pages)
- What do you feel are the advantages and the disadvantages of being a Resident Assistant. An advantage for me being an RA is to get to engage with students in my hall and around campus in a capacity that I wish to as a counselor. I will get to encourage students to be their best academically and otherwise and help enable them to do so. I 'll also get to be a leader and develop skills in encouraging community and relationships, organize and oversee activities for those relationships and growth, model that independence and cooperatively, and learn to better handle conflict in a possible high stress situation.... [tags: Management, University, Responsibility, Leadership]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- There has been a lot of controversy over whether sports help or hinder students, and many questions have been posed as to if they have negative or positive effects on school and if they are worth the time and money spent. Although many experts and researchers say that no good can come from it, playing competitive sports has many more advantages than disadvantages. (2.) In a recent study conducted by the University of Alberta, students were asked about how included and happy they felt based on whether they participated in any type of sports or not.... [tags: ProCon Essays]
612 words (1.7 pages)
- Due to the increase use of technology by younger generations, educators want to incorporate children 's newfound knowledge into their education. Schools across the nation are investing in newer technology in hopes of engaging students in exciting ways. However, there are many disadvantages to using technology in the classroom and in the end they outweigh the advantages. Technology, while some forms can be useful, is not always needed in a classroom to make it better, in fact it can sometimes be a hindrance to students and especially teachers.... [tags: Internet, Education, Classroom, Technology]
1841 words (5.3 pages)
- No Place like Home: The Advantages of Homeschooling Mahatma Gandhi once said, “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.” Why send your children to a school, when they can receive an even better education from the comfort and safety of home. Although many people believe that it is bad for children 's education, homeschooling is actually a better and safer alternative to public and private schools. A very clear advantage to homeschooling is that students can learn at their own pace.... [tags: Homeschooling, Education, Alternative education]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- School Funds Disbursement Introduction In order to develop a better job with school finances the administrator had to dedicate time, and consider many factors not just the monetary aspect, but also, an administrator has to have are where to allocate the funds, the amount available, and resources provided. Also, the importance that the financial system sees public education as an important source for the future of the children and their investments are guide tours the education (Rose, 2013). Finances at schools allows them to obtain programs to enhance the education and encourage to keep a good attendance.... [tags: co-curriculum, school budget]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Bilingual Education is an enriched model of education where two languages and two cultures meet to create a unique quality school experience. Children who have been educated through such a model will be able to function in two languages and in two or more cultures, and will be better prepared to face up to the demands, the new millennium places upon us. Bilingual Education strives not only for bilingual proficiency, but also for high academic achievement and cross-cultural awareness. In Bilingual programs the instruction in two languages is carried out by native qualified and committed teachers who, plan their lessons together but, in teaching, keep the two languages distinct by adopting the... [tags: language, bilingual, cultures]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- ... Wireless service providers offer excellent packages and promotions for mobile phone users with a cheap price. Internet is the network which allows users to connect with other students can access the internet to get wealth of information. Students also can use the internet as their The importance of mobile phones goes way beyond the ability to make or receive phone calls anytime and anywhere. Mobile phone users can instantly send data to the home or office, check for important email, use their cell phone as a calendar, and store photos which can be easily transferred to a PC or laptop computer.... [tags: communication technology]
2054 words (5.9 pages)
- The Advantages of Internet Use for Education Abstract In the past few years, Indonesia has experienced the integration of the internet into society. This situation has created their presence in the market with taking us to the aim of this study that for know the reasons of university student on using internet for education. The data of benefits of using Internet for Education were collected and analyzed by using questioner comprised of 400 papers were collected and compared, it was performed by spreading the questionnaires to the two specific area at exact time in Pelita Harapan University, Lippo Karawaci and Trisakti University, Jakarta as sample to gain the senses.... [tags: Education Internet Technology]
1949 words (5.6 pages)