Essay PreviewMore ↓
Attending a reputable online medical training school is convenient in that you can learn at your own pace, yet it is an accelerated way to earn an accredited degree without the pressures of the classroom. You do not have to struggle to keep up with the masses, nor do you have to wait for other medical career students to catch up with you. Moreover, it is a great deal less expensive to learn on an online medical school, not to mention much less time consuming.
Would You Make a Good Nurse?
Medical school will teach you how to not only a nurse, but also the doctor’s right hand. Through crucial medical training, you will know how to take vital signs, as well as administer the patient’s medications and advise the physician on their patient’s well-being. Some nurses even opt to specialize in emergency meds, obstetrics or anesthesiology. As of 2008, a medical school graduate of nursing’s mid-range salary is about $50,000 to $75,000 yearly, depending on location and experience, of course.
A registered nurse (RN) administers care and medication to patients. They typically oversee the overall care of the patients, under the physician’s direction. They normally are in charge of the licensed practical nurses (LPN) and nursing aides. Depending on geography, experience or type of facility, (hospitals, private care, rest homes) the lowest RNs salary is about $42,000, while the top 10% earners make up to $93,000 annually.
Not Sure About Dealing with Patients?
Medical school training will permit you to follow any avenue you desire, even if it is not necessarily in direct patient care. Many choose instead to be a medical code or billing specialist. You could be a wellness expert, counselor, insurance representative, community liaison, transcriptionist or support staffer. Office positions pay better than you would think also. Office assistants usually maintain patient records and files, take payments, schedule the doctors and his patients, invoice patients and vendors. There is medical training terminology to study before obtaining these positions.
How to Cite this Page
"Advantages of a Medical Career." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The purpose of this paper is to gather all the strategies needed to be the best I can be in the future, as a professional. I will express all of my personal goals that I will strive to achieve during college. This paper will serve as a road map to my career path, and will help me better understand the job market. Currently my major is in the college of Kinesiology. The reason I have chosen kinesiology is because I am fascinated with the human body, and learning how to take care of it while it is in motion.... [tags: Career Essays]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- There are many different surgeons in the world, but being a Plastic Surgeon can be a life changing career. It offers you a vast knowledge of beauty and medical field. Plastic Surgeons are medical doctors that deal with defects on people’s body. Many people are proud that Plastic Surgeons exist, because it makes them look better and gives them a lot of confidence. Being a Plastic Surgeon can be a challenging profession because it can help change people’s lives, it can offer a wealthy future, and it also involves a lot of creativity and technology.... [tags: Career Essays]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Becoming a veterinarian is not just a simple career choice, but also more like a passion, childhood dream, or an aspiration. Ever since I was a little girl, being around animals ten times bigger then me was just a rush of adrenaline. When one animal was found wounded or looking for shelter, someone would come and find me because I would always attempt to pinpoint the predicament. Afterwards, I asked my beloved mother if I could keep it. The largest duration I had with the animal was usually overnight.... [tags: Career Ambition]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- I choose the medical coder because I enjoy the field of nursing. I enjoy helping the elderly in the nursing home. With the medical transcripts or coder a person can work from their own home, it really acquires some training, patience. Working at home generally get paid 10-15 per transcript that may take up to an hour to complete. Once a person gets the hang of it you may be able to knock out 2 easy ones in an hour the individual have to be reliable and get them done on time. I choose this career choice because to help the insurance company to get right medical code on paper and on the patient chart.... [tags: Medical Research ]
378 words (1.1 pages)
- Medical patient records are organized domcuments created to obtain patient medical history and previous care. Medical records are personal documents stored by his or her health care provider. Each medical record has enough information to distinguish each patient . It contains their first and last name with gender and age. Every patient's medical records are different some contain more information due to their medical history. If a patient has alot of problems and have been treated then their file would have more information .... [tags: Electronic Medical Records]
625 words (1.8 pages)
- ... In the civilian world one must obtain an undergraduate degree in addition to a medical degree from an accredited college or university. However, these are only basic requirements, a student may further his education in the physicians field up to eleven-fifteen years, and many receive schooling every couple so often to stay up-to-date. In most circumstances internships are not required in either areas but are very useful in hands on experience. A physician must also pass the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) to receive a medical license in your practice.... [tags: help soldiers, military doctor]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Dentists are often thought of as people to be feared. Most people try to put off going to the dentist until their teeth hurt so much that they have no choice but to visit the feared dental office. Waiting for pain in the mouth or gums before visiting a dentist is one of the worst things a person can do. Paul J. Flaer, et al. observes, “Fear in approaching the dental visit may be generated by psychosocial factors such as history of bad experience(s) at the dentist and by the effect of poor representations of dental treatment in the media” (104).... [tags: orthodontics, preventative dentistry, teeth]
1981 words (5.7 pages)
- A social worker has a very important job. Social workers help children and families in need of food, homes, and health care. They help children have a brighter future. There are many different types of social work. There are mental health, child and family, elementary, and high school social workers. There are advantages to being a social worker. One example is social workers get to save children. They take the child or children out of an abusive home, weather that is mental abuse, or physical abuse.... [tags: social issues, children, foster care]
1044 words (3 pages)
- ... People were not willing to spend the money to keep their pets healthy so there were very few pets in the 1950’s. One of the first schools that only studied veterinary medicine was founded in Lyon, France by Claude Bourgelat in 1761. Bourgelat did not want to have students in his school that already had training in human medical science, he focused more on teaching people that had no experience. This school found ways to treat livestock diseases and advance the cause of public health. (Careers in Veterinary Medicine.) There are three different positions of veterinarian.... [tags: veterinarian, asistant, technician]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- A Career in Athletic Training The occupation is an athletic trainer. The job description is to work with athletes in an effort to prevent injuries. They work in amateur and professional sports. Once injuries occur, the athletic trainer is required to evaluate the problem and get the athlete the proper medical treatment. He or she also makes sure that athletes are physically ready and able to play after an injury. Athletic trainers set up physical conditioning programs for athletes, work with equipment managers to make sure that playing and training areas are in working order, and also work with physicians in developing and implementing a rehabilitation program for injured players.... [tags: Papers]
530 words (1.5 pages)
As the economy struggles to recover, it makes sense to take advantage of a medical career. It is a career where you can be sure that your talent will always be in demand. Your medical training enables you to bring an invaluable service to people in need, and the financial compensation is just icing on the cake. Furthermore, the medical field and health care industry is not going anywhere. Unfortunately, people will continue to get sick and it is a certainty that the wellness sector will keep on expanding as the population continues to grow. Your medical school training will allow you can be a part of the medical community that will strive to understand and learn how to treat and cure diseases.