In this essay I will be discussing Service Oriented Architecture. As part of that I will write about the terms Web Service, Service Oriented Architecture and SOAP. I will list some advantages and disadvantages of SOA as well as the technology involved in using SOA and the standard syntax and operation employed in such a system. I will close this essay by writing about a company that could take advantage of the Service Oriented Architecture.
The World Wide Web Consortium is the main international criteria organization for the World Wide Web. They set the standard for web mark-up languages and web services worldwide. W3C describe web services as a means for two electronic devices to communication via interpolating software applications. These services can be running on a diverse range of networks and frameworks. You can convert your applications into web-applications using common web services. Web services are found many places throughout the internet. Web services communicate using common web protocols such as JSON, REST and SOAP. They are created to be self-describing and easily readable. These protocols adhere to common programing practices and as a result; reduces the need for documentation and have a gentle learning curve. Web services are generally targeted by other applications and not by humans.
An example of a web service protocol would be SOAP. SOAP uses XML and HTTP. Extensible Mark-up Language is a language used widely in web services such as SOAP. It provides a language that can be used widely between different frameworks, platforms and languages yet still capable of representing complicated data structures. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol is a request-response protocol used for data communicat...
... middle of paper ...
...tomer will use it to select flights, hotels, car rental and tours.
When the customer goes to the travel agents website, the customer is presented with a form to fill with the necessary data such as destination and preferred price. When the customer is finished, he/she submits the data to the travel agent’s client. The travel agent‘s client uses SOAP to send request operations to each web service. These SOAP operations are sent using the HTTP web protocol. Each web service sends back a response which is decoded at the client and displayed to the customer so that he/she can choose the option best suited to him/her.
A typical internet users probably interacts with web services many times a day. Many online services rely upon SOA. With the many advantages SOA provides it is becoming a serious option for many online web applications now and in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- INTRODUCTION Software as a service or SaaS is a technology made available for use within the cloud computing service that help businesses network or communicate effectively and at reasonable costs. SaaS is growing in popularity with projected sales levels to double by 2015 from the $10 billion reported in 2010 (Wikipedia, 2014). So, what exactly is SaaS by definition, and how does it distribute on a multi-tenant architecture. There are advantages and disadvantages to this service, but it does offer a few application types for businesses such as an all-in-one business package, social network applications, email capabilities, and analytics.... [tags: SaaS, business, network, internet]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Customer survey is one of the toughest and mind boggling task many fear doing, especially those who provide services to customers. There have been debates on the best method to be used in ensuring that the survey is accurate. Different methods have been proposed concerning the accuracy of some of the methods used, and no proper consensus reached on the method to use. Different business uses different methods, but in the recent past many surveys have been done using the Likert Scale Questionnaire Method.... [tags: customer survey, service delivery, feelings]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- ... The information is able to be manipulated efficiently as self-service analytic programs are being cultivated for all executives to have the ability to gain easy access. Charts, infographics, and dashboards are now accessible to more than the information technology specialists. The next application advantage is the evolution of data analysis methods and capabilities. Instead of using only numbers in a database, big data allows for text, audio, and video files to be of use. With big data, there is access to data that was always available, but it was not consumable by the end user.... [tags: innovations, cloud storage, consumers]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- The positions in the culinary field always has some advantages and disadvantages in this profession. Why, because in the this profession you start at the bottom then you work yourself up to the top. Everyone is looking and wait to take your position next in the kitchen so there are some pros and cons of being a line cook or a Sous chef like the salary, job, and stress. The line cook is a position in the kitchen and there job are prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications.... [tags: Chef, Culinary art, Cooking, Cook]
706 words (2 pages)
- ... Another con of using social networking sites is that it can be addictive if someone spends too much time on them. This could have dire consequences if students are spending too much time chatting with their friends on Facebook, an employee playing games on social networking sites instead of working on productivity reports, just to name a couple of scenarios. There is even a possibility of someone incurring health problems, such as sleep deprivation, joint problems, and blurry vision, just to name a few examples, from spending too much time on social networking sites.... [tags: communication, interaction, addictive, time]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- ... The radiation from cellular phone tower travels parallel to the ground ie directly towards the horizon and moreover the radiation power level decreases as one move away from the tower and thus the level of exposure is minimum at the ground level. Added advantage of cell phone tower is increase in data rate and cellular network coverage, increase in capacity, reduction in call congestion, reduction in call drop. Also it will provide and create jobs for people in the coverage area. Also if the people oppose the cellular tower due to obstruction of view, the cellular companies can hide the tower in plain sight.... [tags: mobile phone communication]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- In the past decade the topic of outsourcing has become a heavily debated subject on if it is ethically correct to outsourcing jobs to foreign countries. Outsourcing has become more and more an option for many companies and not just an economic fad. The decision to outsource is a difficult one for any company to make because there are many advantages and disadvantages to consider. The decision to outsource affects many people, communities, and industries so if a corporation decides to outsource they must consider how it will affect human dignity, the common good of the economy, and subsidiary.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
1759 words (5 pages)
- Advantages and disadvantages of the automobile in the United States, Do you believe or disbelieve that Americans can shift back to public transportation. By Vincent S. Irizarry The car has been a symbol of the American mainstream culture since it’s prominent introduction to our society by Henry Ford with his mass-produced Model T, a car built for the masses. From the numerous countertops, hotels, and souvenir stands that dot the scenic landscape of Route 66 to cars speeding their way down the elevated West Side Highway the effects of the car culture although initially meant to be positive have come with more than monetary costs to our planet, and the United States with externalized costs fro... [tags: United States, New York City, Automobile]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- Immigration: Advantages and Disadvantages in the US Economy Immigration has always been a topic of controversy, and the effects that immigration has on the United States are countless. Debates approach to whether or not the United States should take radical measurements against the eleven million-population living illegally in the United States and how the United States should address them (Costa et al). Such a controversy conveys deeper understanding of the current situation. In order to speak about immigration several factors should be analyzed: how is immigration contributing and/or hurting the United States economy.... [tags: Immigration to the United States, United States]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Noncustodial Sentences Non-Custodial Sentences A non custodial order is a sentence given to an offender who has committed a less serious crime. The offender is given community orders rather than imprisonment. If the offender breaks any of the below orders then they will be re-sentenced and this is likely to result in them being given a heavier order or even a prison sentence. The types of non custodial orders available are; * Community rehabilitation order (previously called 'probation order' and unhelpfully changed to this inferior new name) * Community punishment order (previously called... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
2293 words (6.6 pages)