“Advantages and Disadvantages of School Uniforms.” OccupyTheory. July 2014. Web. 19
This article talks about the advantages and disadvantages of school uniforms. The article says that the advantages for school uniforms are a form of unity and feeling proud of belonging to a certain school. The article also states that school uniform saves time in the morning because the scholar might not know what to put on for the. The disadvantage is that students are unable to show personality through clothing. Students are not able to demonstrate sense of fashion or style. Another disadvantage is that the student parents would have to purchase two to three sets of the same clothes.
Chen, Grace. “Public School Uniforms: The Pros and Cons for Your Child | PublicSchoolReview.com.” PublicSchoolReview.com. 03 Mar. 2015. Web. 20 Apr. 2016.
Although uniforms have been a mainstay of private schools, public schools didn’t jump on the bandwagon until 19944, when the Long Beach California School District integrated school uniforms to address safety issues challenging the district. According to the school district data, within one year after the problems of uniforms the fights and mugging at school decreased by 50%. Many school administrators and parents believe that uniforms create a better learning environment. The first amendment, argue that uniforms stifle a students need for self-expression. By denying students opportunity to fully express unique personality through the clothing selected. When children select their own clothing they are able to develop confidence and independence, characteristic vital to personality development and adult success.
Anderson, Marie. “Should Schools Make It Mandatory That Students...
... middle of paper ...
...r uniform give student’s individuality and also gives students the freedom of expression. Not having to wear uniforms are more comfortable. Wearing the same thing as everyone else defeats the purpose of creativity.
Funes, Ana. 6thGradeDebate- School Uniforms. YouTube. 02 Jun. 2011 Web. 21 Apr. 2016.
Oscar feels students should wear uniforms because students wouldn’t get bullied by what they are wearing. The kids with the nice clothes would bully the kids with the not so nice clothes. Oscar believes that bullying leads to people feeling uncomfortable and not confident and that sometimes can lead to suicide or attempt suicide. Natalie also believe school uniforms should be forced on students because some girls have a grown women mindset and could come into an appropriate environment with inappropriate clothes on, such as too little clothes and too much skin showing.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- School Uniforms have been debating about having uniforms in their school system for many years now. There are many advantages and disadvantages to requiring them, from court cases and many other different situations, school uniforms may be argued for many years to come. Whether people believe it or not, school uniforms do help with student attendance. Student attendance is one of the problems many schools face and the other problem is the school’s dress code policy. All students do have problems with their school’s dress code policy, with a uniform there wouldn’t be any one complaining about this other person getting away with a rule while this person gets in trouble for it.... [tags: Advantages and Diadvantages, Uniforms]
1859 words (5.3 pages)
- Roland 4 INTRODUCTION Coming from a society today where teens and pre-teens are very so much into fashion. Fashion is one a variety of ways of expressing one’s individuality, creativity, or just sense of classic style. In public high schools; students are forced to wear uniforms creating a feeling of oneness. School uniforms have many advantages and disadvantages. It also depends on what an individual think about uniforms. Recent studies have said that schools, where students wear uniforms, have higher academic performances and that it cuts down on bullying, but that’s not the case.... [tags: High school, Education, Clothing, School uniform]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- School uniforms should be established in all schools. It prevents violence, helps with better grades, students struggle less in the mornings and there is no harassment from everyone being at an equal level by wearing the same thing. In one article the benefits of school uniforms are stated. No one is singled out and everyone looks the same (Advantages and Disadvantages of School Uniforms). Uniforms are supposed to be looked upon as a positive thing, because they eliminate bullying, combine social classes and gives the school campus a professional look.... [tags: High school, Education, School terminology]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- ... School Uniforms can make students focus on Education instead of their clothing and looks. Such as, inappropriate clothes, tattoos, new fashion trends, and jewelry. Socio-economic status plays an Important role in school which leads to bullying and discrimination. For Example, Uniforms can distract students from judging other students and bringing socio-economic status in school. It will be very easy for bullies to pick up on other students.Our all sons and daughter are in right hands and school uniform will make school relationship with students.... [tags: Education, Dress code, High school, Clothing]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Intro I am a student that has attended 3 schools and has always worn a school uniform, a mate has never experienced any issues with school uniforms, and have noticed a few issues that can be prevented from the use of a uniform. Uniforms, not only had they been proven to be helpful at school, but they are also helpful at home. Base Parents spend a couple hundred dollars per year on clothing just to make their children meet the latest fashion. An average shop favoured by many teenagers, such as International, sells a piece of clothing for around $40 each.... [tags: essays research papers]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- Implementation of School Uniforms The topic of school uniforms has been highly debated for many years. Many would think it would be the teachers versus the pupils in this debate but they would be wrong, this argument has members from both sides fighting for and against it. In this essay I will look at the topic from both sides and be un-objective in my writing. Many of the arguments made in favour of school uniforms have something to do with the safety of the school community as a whole.... [tags: Papers]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- Every School Should Require Uniforms I am a student that has attended 3 schools and has never worn a uniform in my life. Although, I have never experienced any issues with school uniforms, I have noticed a few issues that can be prevented from the use of a uniform. Uniforms, not only had they been proven to be helpful at school, but they are also helpful at home. Parents spent couple hundred dollars per year on clothing just to make their son(s) or daughter(s) meet the latest fashion. An average shop favoured by many teenagers, such as International, sells a piece of clothing for around $40 each.... [tags: Public Education]
533 words (1.5 pages)
- Did you know that as many as twenty-five percent of the nation?s pubic elementary, middle, and junior high schools have successfully implemented a school uniform policy. (Isaacson, 1998) School uniforms greatly benefit both the students and faculty by creating an atmosphere in which the students are able to get the most out of their education. I believe that all students should wear school uniforms regardless of whether or not the school is public. Below are clear-cut arguments in favor of school uniforms.... [tags: Arguement Argumentative Persuasive]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- The Debate over School Uniform Introduction ============ This is an essay on the matter whether school uniform should be compulsory or not. We will discuss the advantages, disadvantages and I will write my own conclusion Advantages ---------- The advantages to wearing school uniform are good arguments. The first is you would be able to represent the school in public, giving the school a good name and also encouraging students to behave while outside school premises.... [tags: Papers]
410 words (1.2 pages)
- Schools today aren't in the best condition. There is teasing, violence, discrimination, cliques, and poverty. There is much to say about how having mandatory school uniforms will help these problems. My question is, will uniforms help these problems enough to dismiss the hurt that they would cause. I say the uniforms do little to help. Having uniforms would stop the teasing and discrimination about clothing, but there is more to tease or discriminate someone about rather than just clothing.... [tags: essays research papers]
670 words (1.9 pages)