The problem with partnership working is that there are too many partners.
Partnership working can be defined as a group of individuals, agencies or organisations with a shared interest, working together to achieve a specific objective. Partnerships are usually formed to address specific issues and may be short or long term. (Dewhurst, 2009) Although there is an acknowledgement that there is an absence in the definitions of partnership working, Powell, Glendinning & Rummery (2002) has offered the following minimal definition. “The involvement of at least two agents or agencies at least with some common interests or inter-dependencies; and would also probably require a relationship between them that involves a degree of trust, equality of reciprocity...” (Glendinning et al, 2002, p 3) In order for partnership to run smoothly, partners need to communicate, co-ordinate and co-operate with one another effectively. Partnership working is not always straight forward and has its disadvantages; however there are advantages to partnership working.
There are many different assumptions about partnership working for example; “It is the way forward.” Or “Partners are equal.” The reality is that although partnership working would appear to be the best way, unfortunately like everything in life, it comes with disadvantages.
Over the years, there have been notable cases that has been criticised as failed partnership working and as a result of that, it has led to individuals losing their lives. In the case of a psychiatrist, who killed her three month old daughter and then committed suicide as a result of mental illness. An independent inquiry concluded that Daksha Emson, ...
... middle of paper ...
...care of people your first concern, treating them as individuals and respecting their dignity. Provide a high standard of practice and care at all times.
One main aspect of the NMC codes of conduct which is relevant to explore is “work with others to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of those in your care, their families and carers and the wider community.” This statement depicts one of the aspects that enhance partnership working, as this statement entails a wider range of effective responsibilities wherein which if followed, partnership working will be effective.
- Sharing information with your colleagues and keeping them updated, ensuring they understand their responsibilities.
- Working effectively as part of a team, sharing your skills and experiences for the benefit of your colleagues, treating your colleagues fairly without any discrimination.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Partnerships General partnership. A general partnership is utilized when two or more people want to start a business. In most respects, the business is divided equally between the owners which includes, profits, debts and management of the business and any losses to the business are to be deducted from personal taxes. Mann & Roberts (1979) comments although not required, development of written agreements concerning the division of the business and how it will be managed removes doubt and ensures everyone is traveling in the same direction (p.... [tags: Corporation, Limited liability partnership]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Mentoring, in my understanding, is helping the person to achieve his /her goals using different methods. Mentor is somebody who knows the advantages and disadvantages of the person, and constantly encourages him /her to use the advantages in order to develop new skills, which can be used on the way to the main aim. Mentoring is a highly effective way to help the person to use the full range of his /her natural abilities. Usually people do not realize the real value of his /her possibilities and the possible ways to reach the needed results, thus, a lot of highly talented people live their lives without even realizing the real value of their talents.... [tags: relationship, responsibility, partnership]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- Sole Proprietorship Sole proprietorships are typically businesses that have one owner. There many advantages to operating a business as a sole owner. One of those advantages is that it is fairly easy to form. When operating a sole proprietorship, filing an independent tax report for your business is not mandatory. It is optional for the owner to hire employees to help run the business. The owner is in charge of making all business decisions and transactions. Sole owners have the ease of selling their business, closing it or giving it to his heirs.... [tags: Corporation, Limited liability company]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- There are some basic business structures can be applied in different type of business and that use them. There are different basic organization structures first one is sole trader, partnership, and company. Here every individual organization structure have own features as well as some advantages and disadvantages from their own point of view. The organization structure can be applied on base the situation that what type of business position and structure can be adopted. Here there are different structural of organization are follows with their advantage and disadvantage.... [tags: Corporation, Types of companies, Business law]
889 words (2.5 pages)
Joint Venture, A Partnership, Individual, Or Corporation That Pools Labor And Capital For A Limited Period
- Joint Venture Joint Venture is “a partnership, individual, or corporation that pools labor and capital for a limited period of time” (Kubasek, Brennan, Browne, 2015, p. 431). This method can increase liability and limit outside opportunities where the business can not expand their product line and have to utilize the products provided by the company they have a joint in a agreement. The mission of the coffeehouse is to be unique and special. This type of model would not allow originality and for that reason, its not recommend that Shania get involved with a joint venture.... [tags: Limited liability company, Corporation]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Advantages of a Public Limited Company (Plc) Tesco is a public limited company (plc). A lot of big companies go public. This is because unlike a private limited, a plc is able to advertise the sale of shares and sell them to members of the general public though the stock exchange. Advantages of a Public Limited Company (Plc) · Shares can be advertised · Shares can be sold through the stock exchange · Large plc’s may find it easier to borrow from banks · Shareholders have limited liability · Cheaper borrowing and bulk purchasing Disadvantages of a Public Limited Company (Plc) · Going public can be expensive · Some plc’s can grow so large that they may become difficult to manage effectiv... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Then there are the disadvantages in a partnership business and there are only disadvantages liability, asset exposure, and continuity of business, selling the partnership, limitations to partners admitted, and tax return. Legal liability: If you’re not structuring your business as a corporation, realize that a general partnership brings with it personal liability for all the business’s obligations and debts. If the company gets sued or hauled into bankruptcy court, all fines are the responsibility of the individual partners.... [tags: Corporation, Partnership]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Recently there is a development agreement named Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which is a process of negotiation, from a “small agreement” to 11 significant country involvement’s agreements (Petri & Plummer, 2012). Also this agreement want to reinforce and connect between Asia and the Americas as well as create a new pattern of international trade and investment to form a comprehensive and extensive trade agreement in the future (Petri, & Plummer, 2012). In this essay I will discuss about what is the Trans-Pacific Partnership, advantage and disadvantage about the TPP.... [tags: United States, International trade]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction Having been one of the millions of everyday people looking for job opportunities at one time or another, many have envied the prospect of telecommuting without thinking that there were any downsides to the life of telecommuting. However, this paper will address the notion that there are some drawbacks and that job seekers should consider both the advantages and disadvantages before deciding to telecommute. Although telecommuting is increasing in popularity, potential employees must consider multiple issues before deciding to join the telecommuting life.... [tags: Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Working time]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Working in a Virtual Environment Advantages There are many advantages of working in a virtual environment 1. Reach to Customer : Office work environment limits an employee to the office only. In today's world there are lot of jobs specially consulting or outsourcing jobs requires deep understanding of customer processes , which one cannot get just by reading document or talking to delegated people. It is always better for a consultant to actually reach out and get to know actual situation, there won't be a third opinion involved since any type of narration whether written oral has to subjective.... [tags: Compare Contrast Business]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- The Mental Enslavement of Today's Society
- Digital Asset Strategy Demystified for CPG Companies
- The Horror of Animal Experimentation
- Evolutionary Dynamic of Parasites Associated with Social Insect Colonies
- The Responsibilities of Providing Information in Nursing
- Furniture for Property Styling: What You Need to Know