The Australian Fashion industry has advanced drastically over the past 50 years, through style changes and technological advancements. The underlying system has stayed the same within the fashion industry, aside from all the changes. This fashion system, built up of the components of the internal system within the fashion industry and the factors affecting them, is the base guidelines to what the fashion industry is about.
The Australian fashion industry developed it individual identity in the past 20 years, before which it adapted the looks that evolved mainly from Europe.
The Australian fashion industry is mass-market based, with some mid-market and diffusion line brands, as well as very few ready-to-wear brands and haute couture houses.
The industry is structured around physical and online store selling, and promotion is done mainly through television, magazines and word of mouth.
As online shopping continues to become more and more popular and regularly utilised, fashion boutique stores will continue to reduce in numbers.
The seasons, and time of year, affects the Australian fashion industry because we are not in sync with the major fashion capitals of the world, New York, Paris, Milan and London.
Factors that affect the fashion system include culture, location, environmental awareness and the government. The internal components of the system that are being affected include the designers, manufacturing process, sourcing and retailing.
The Australian fashion industry is smaller than the major fashion industries around the world, however has the same goals and underlying systems. The main difference between them however, is the government funding that the Australian Fashion industry does not receive, unli...
... middle of paper ...
...be unnecessary and wasted.
The Australian Fashion industry, however small compared to global markets such as New York and Paris, functions well with high success for the goals they have attempted to achieve. Australia acts as a support network for the other global fashion markets. We learn and gain influence and inspiration from capitals such as Paris to base our trends and fashion on, following the global fashion system. Many of the global fashion markets, including the Australian fashion industry have a high credibility within their area, some more than others. This credibility and value placed on the fashion industry by the consumers themselves, determines the success of the industry as purchases from the customer, and changes in trends and styles is what keep the industry moving. The fashion industry would not exist without change and developments.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Section A: INTRODUCTION Fashion industry is always the topic that draws attention of every people of us at anywhere and anytime. Everyone becomes so familiar with fashion that he or she thinks that fashion is just simply a fashionable and sophisticated style. However, life in a modern community is far more controlled by fashion industry than many people realize; it affects not only clothing, but almost every aspects of our daily life. When many people think of the fashion industry, they often think of the association of four main areas such as: retail, manufacture, design and advertising.... [tags: Fashion]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Nowadays, fashion industry is such a negative push on teenagers’ standard of beauty that it is now becoming an unsolved dilemma for our society. Firstly, Sarah Murdoch, the representative of Bonds underwear, is of the opinion that fashion industry encourages “unhealthy body images” (Dunkerley, 2008) that is thought to be unrealistic and unhealthy for most women and girls. Besides, the fact that most designers prefer to choose thin models than bigger size ones (Bolger, 2007) shows us an astonishing phenomena that there are series of clothes from size 0 to size 4 seen not only in the fashion shows but also even on the sale markets because they think that there will be “stigma attached” when do... [tags: Fashion]
406 words (1.2 pages)
- Every year, a new trend emerges that sparks a revolution. A revolution that not only gets rid of the old but brings in the fresh new thing. All across the globe, trends constantly change and the average appearance of a human being is never the same year after year. Celebrities, stylist, weather, and even technology influence these trends. Overall, just about anything can influence a trend to start. And the change of clothing will result from it. This trend or change is clothing is called fashion.... [tags: Clothing, Fashion, Fashion capital, Shorts]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- Fashion is everything to society and the media. The fashion industry has transformed into a necessity in the life of people. Everyone wants to look good, feel fabulous and feel as if we belong with everyone else. The envy and desire to wear certain things and look a certain way all come, from wearing the latest fashion handbags, accessories, dresses, shoes, and the list goes on. But, when is considering fashion into an individual’s life going too far to the extreme. Many do not consider the whereabouts of fashion materials and how the environment is affected by the mere existence of certain garments.... [tags: Fashion ]
2138 words (6.1 pages)
- The stores that are included in my shopping are Hollister, Old Navy, Abercrombie and finch, and the Gap. They are the entire local clothing store that our youth ware, but the prices are so high that the parents cannot afford to buy them. I am a cheerleading coach and a dance instructor for our local school district. My dance team and cheerleaders wear the Aeropostal collection for our warm ups and the students just love it. My coach’s uniform is also from Areopostal. My daughter started her career at the Art institute of Philadelphia majoring in fashion and design.... [tags: Fashion ]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- Many people think fashion is just all about design or the clothing that you wear. In fact, the definition is “a popular way of dressing during a particular time or among a particular group of people” (Fashion). Well personally, I think that have got it wrong, and there are many more things about fashion that people do not realize. Consumerism and consumption play a huge role on what fashion is today and what goes into it, and not just about design or designers, but also socially and environmentally.... [tags: eco-fashion, ]
1761 words (5 pages)
- The Role of Fashion Promotion Within the Fashion Industry I am going to write about what the role of fashion promotion is within the fashion industry and discuss how it might develop in the next five years. To do this I shall review what fashion promotion is by defining it and finding out how, when and where it started. To understand what fashion promotion really is in a contemporary context I shall broadly look at how it is used and what many forms it has taken since the beginning up until the present day.... [tags: Fashion Industry Style ]
1758 words (5 pages)
- Introduction Sugarcane is the most widely produced agricultural commodity in the world. In 2011, Brazil alone produced over 700 million tonnes of sugarcane eclipsing the second highest producer, India, by close to 400 million tonnes (Queensland Sugar Limited [QSL], 2011). The sugarcane industry has developed rapidly in recent years and is now adapting to a new concept, sustainable development. This has been a welcome change, because in the past, sustainable development was widely viewed as an unachievable ideal rather than a practical basis for production.... [tags: Australian Sugarcane Industry]
2667 words (7.6 pages)
- Billions of working adults hold positions in order to maintain a source of income for themselves and their families. These adults can fit their jobs into certain categories, such as medical, legal, or labor, and yet there are still many professions that fit into a different type of category: Fine Arts. Fine Arts is an unique category in which two special occupations fall into: a fashion designer and an interior designer. Fine Arts is a unique category that some adults’ jobs fit into. Fine Arts employs a majority of people who are artistic and are creative.... [tags: Fashion Industry]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- The Role of Fashion Promotion Within the Fashion Industry In an age where fashion and technology is constantly evolving it is important that we take a step back and take a look at the current happenings in the promotional side of the fashion industry. The fashion show,a key tool to making designers collections accessible to its consumer, will be the main focus of this essay. We shall define fashion promotion before looking at how the catwalk sits under this title. A brief history of the fashion show shall lead us into the present day, where we shall begin the debate of whether some fashion shows need be as extravagant and expensive as they are.... [tags: Fashion Promotion]
1811 words (5.2 pages)
- The Use of Ultrasonic Testing in Condition Monitoring
- Cells Are Exposed to Reactive Oxygen Species in Oxidative Stress
- So Many Negatives of Pestacides
- Risk Assessment of Five Companies in the United Kingdom
- Buffalo Creek and the Question of Punitive vs. Compensatory Damages
- Insight Into Human Behavior in Sociology