To achieve a master degree is a goal in my life plan, when I decided to study bachelor's degree in the U.K. During two years of academic study of computer science in Birmingham City University, I enjoyed the British approach to education. It offers an opportunity for students to implement their plan, develop their interest and discover their strengths and weaknesses. In Birmingham City University, I have learnt what I am required to do and I am interested in the field of Information System Development.
My interest in Information System Development is increased, when I excelled in requirements analysis on Information Systems Development. I gained database technique in the courses ‘Database for Business’ and ‘Database Architecture and Administration’ and researched theoretical basis for Information System Development Methodolo...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For many the Cathedral is seen to indicate the grandeur and control of the Normans, who were able to build such monuments to their power despite having only recently conquered England. The precarious situation of being an recently instated alien power was even more pronounced in the north, where even the Anglo Saxon Kings had only had a superficial hold, arguably making the construction of Durham “one of the greatest Anglo-Norman achievements”. This so-called achievement is not restricted to architecture but also refers to the political developments which enabled the Normans to apparently gain enough control to do this within 30 years.... [tags: Norman Politics]
1627 words (4.6 pages)
- A recent report has outlined several ways for universities to adapt to the rising amount of older learners seeking higher education. Published by Universities UK, the document addresses the growing demand for courses which are tailored to the needs of students who have completed their careers. The text says that, due to the projected rise in older learners – based upon the increased life expectancy of the UK population and the multiplying numbers of HE applications by this market – universities need to ‘find fresh ways of adapting to and supporting an ageing population’.... [tags: Postgraduate Study]
697 words (2 pages)
- PURPOSE BACKGROUND Universiti Teknologi MARA Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students. Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them.... [tags: university evaluation and comparison]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Having read English and Related Literature at undergraduate level, I took advantage of the course’s flexibility by choosing modules from a diverse world literature. I have improved my aesthetic understanding of the creative process of literature which also expanded channels for making my English more proficient, especially in reading, listening, writing and critical thinking. My main motivation to pursue postgraduate study in this programme is to specialise in teaching language because I strongly believe that a proper teaching of language is essential to building a dynamic society.... [tags: Literature, Teaching, Linguistics]
535 words (1.5 pages)
- Can postgraduate study help further my retail career. The above is a question that gets asked a lot, as the answer given by many professional tends to be vague at best. To figure out if postgraduate study is worth the investment you should ask yourself just how far in the world of retail you wish to go. For example, if you simply want to work on the shop floor, then obviously a postgraduate degree is almost irrelevant. Those wanting more may find that it can improve their career prospects. Roles that are within qualification driven sectors such as finance and money management, applicants may find that Continuing Professional Development (CPD) just isn’t enough.... [tags: Supply chain management, Management, Logistics]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- This literature review will explore the current knowledge on postgraduate student selection in the UK and other countries and attempt to examine research done on the various student selection tools, the desired qualities of ideal postgraduate students and predictors of student performance in postgraduate courses. The author will attempt to critique and identify gaps in the current literature. Information gathered from this process will be used to inform and backup the chosen methodology of this project.... [tags: Higher Education ]
3453 words (9.9 pages)
- James is a 20 year old university student who moved to Auckland University in an attempt to gain recognition from his parents after coming out as homosexual. After moving to Auckland University, James reported experiencing chronic low moods, and as a result of this was then referred to his GP by the University Counselling service. James’ symptoms of chronic low moods and decreased ability to function are characteristic of depressive disorders, and not caused by medications or another mental illness’ that could better explain these symptoms.... [tags: Counselling Case Study]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- In evaluating a student’s study schedule at a university compared to what a professor expects, there is an obvious link between studying and learning as established by high exam scores and course grades. But these studies do not provide specifics of how exactly students should study. Research suggests that good study behaviors predict academic success. But what exactly are “good study behaviors” and how do professor expectations compare to student expectations of study time required for expected performance—that is, “good” grades.... [tags: Education, Learning, University, Homework]
1407 words (4 pages)
- Final Writing Assignment This is the third semesters I study in UC Berkeley. During the past one year and a half, there are many distinguished professors, helpful GSIs, and nice advisors in civil engineering department really help me a lot on both academic study and life in campus. All the professors are unforgettable though few of them are not good at teaching class, but if could give an award to one of my professor, I will choose professor Jack P. Moehle. There are several reasons for my choosing.... [tags: Student, International student, University]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Places of Interest in Durham In the north East of England lays the city of Durham, in old English the word Durham comes from dun and in which the name translates into hill. In Old Norse language Durham means holme or roughly translated to island. It is believed that Durham has traces back to 2,000 Before Christ of some settlement and actual city traces to after death of the year of 995. Below you will learn about some excellent places to picnic and visit in Durham England. 1. Durham Cathedral Around the year of 995 the Lindisfarne monks founded the Durham Cathedral after they had fled their homes when the Danish Vikings came raiding their homelands.... [tags: Tourism]
2472 words (7.1 pages)