Addition of vectors:
Let [vecOA] = [veca] and [vecAB] = [vecb]
The [vecOB] represents the addition of [veca] and [vecb]
We mention that [vecOB] = [vecOA] + [vecAB]
[vecOB] = [vecOA] + [vecAB]
= [veca] + [vecb]
Subtraction of vectors:
If [veca] and [vecb] are two vectors, then the subtraction of [vecb] from [veca] is defined as the vector sum of [veca] and − [vecb] and is denoted by [veca] − [vecb] .
[veca] − [vecb] = [veca] + ( − [vecb)]
Properties of Addition and Subtraction of Vectors:
An amount having only magnitude is called a scalar. It is not related to any permanent way in space.
* Real numbers.
Properties for addition of vectors:
Property 1: Vector addition is cumulative.
If [veca] and [vecb] are any two vectors then [veca] + [vecb] = [vecb] [veca]
Property 2: Vector addition is associative.
For any three vectors [v...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. Introduction A vector is an arrow whose length represents the magnitude of a quantity and whose direction represents the direction of the quantity. Vectors are useful in combining velocities that are not parallel. The sum of two or more component vectors is called a resultant. When the vectors are not at right angles to each other, the resultant is found by constructing a parallelogram. The parallelogram is constructed with the two vectors as sides. The resultant of the parallelogram is its diagonal.... [tags: essays research papers]
582 words (1.7 pages)
- Currently, researchers are orienting their effort to selective encryption in order to protect video sequences against attacks during their transmission over a public channel. The reasons for this trend are of great importance. The encryption module is inserted into the video compression chain to reduce the computation time, ensure the security and reduce the video data amount. This paper presents a chaos based encryption method inserted in the H.264 Advanced Video Coding (AVC). The selective encryption was applied on Context Adaptive Variable Length Coding (CAVLC) and on the signs of motion vectors.... [tags: video transmission over a public channel]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- The earliest history of plus sign (+) we can trace is Egyptian hieroglyphic. The sign for addition was represented as a pair of legs walking in the direction of the text, neither left nor right . Because Egyptian could be written either from right to left or left to right. In Italy, the symbol plus (+) were adopted by the astronomer Christopher Clavius. The first person who may have used the plus (+) sign as an abbreviation was the astronomer Nicole Oresme’s, the author of the book” The Book of the Sky and the World” in 14th century.... [tags: plus, addition, sign]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Addiction Is a Brain Disease According to Leshner, drug addiction is a chronic brain disease that is expressed in the form of compulsive behaviors (Leshner, 2001). He believes that drug addiction is influence by both biological, and behavioral factors, and to solve this addiction problem we need to focus on these same factors. On the other hand, Neil Levy argues that addiction is not a brain disease rather it is a behavioral disorder embedded in social context (Levy, 2013). I believe, drug addiction is a recurring brain disease that can be healed when we alter and eliminate all the factors that are reinforcing drug addiction.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Psychoactive drug]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Pathogens and their vectors can now move further, faster and in greater numbers than as documented in the past. Infectious diseases have been the major killers of humans. It is only within the last century that they have been replaced by chronic diseases and injuries as primary killers in the United States. Worldwide, infectious diseases still account for 25 percent of all deaths. The major advances in infectious disease control to date have been through protection of food and water and through immunizations.... [tags: Infectious disease, Epidemiology, Disease]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Teachers should know and understand the relationship between addition and multiplication because this understanding will translate well into teaching students to understand the concept of multiplication. The relationship of these two operations is very close so it is especially important to ensure each student fully comprehends the rules of addition before proceeding to multiplication. Addition is the process of combining a number of individual items together to form a new total. Multiplication, however, is the process of using repeated addition and combining the total number of items that make up equal-sized groups.... [tags: Education, Teaching Techniques]
1698 words (4.9 pages)
- Children can enhance their understanding of difficult addition and subtraction problems, when they learn to recognize how the combination of two or more numbers demonstrate a total (Fuson, Clements, & Beckmann, 2011). As students advance from Kindergarten through second grade they learn various strategies to solve addition and subtraction problems. The methods can be summarize into three distinctive categories called count all, count on, and recompose (Fuson, Clements, & Beckmann, 2011). The strategies vary faintly in simplicity and application.... [tags: children, counting, understanding]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- All over the world, nurses suffer from the addictive properties that many of the drugs provide. "(Drug addiction) is a disease that tells you that you don’t have it. It’s the only disease I know that argues with you and says, ‘Look, despite all the evidence, you don’t have a problem’" (Kunyk and Austin, 2005, p. 385). This leads to a lot of substance dependent nurses to work impaired as they don't see their drug usage as a problem. In the recent decade, increasing amounts of nurses have begun to see the effects of substance usage and addiction while on the job.... [tags: addition, medicine, nurses]
2598 words (7.4 pages)
- Vectors And Projectiles After successfully completing the first two videos of the Paul Hewitt series, I have been drawn to this course. The third video of the series reviews the concepts of vectors and projectiles. In this video Paul goes over a lot of previously stated formulas. The ideas of how fast or hoe far an object travels are restated. The idea of how fast an object travels is known as its velocity. The velocity is found by finding how far an object travels over a period of time. It may be easier to multiply the pull of gravity, which in a free falling object is ten meters per second accelerating, by the seconds the object remains it the air.... [tags: Free Essays]
398 words (1.1 pages)
- History and Vectors of Rabies Literally meaning “madness and fury”, rabies is commonly recognized by the characteristic foaming of the mouth and wild behavior. However, this is only the tip of the iceberg. This disease is spread through the saliva of infected carriers. Rabies is a viral disease that targets the nervous system which is always fatal with the exception of a single case. Natural remedies and spiritual therapies were used in hopes of warding away this fatal disease until the discovery of vaccination revolutionized medicine.... [tags: Medical Disease]
1301 words (3.7 pages)