To analyze the difference of blood glucose level in intervention of acupuncture combine with Metformin 500mg tablet and intervention of just Metformin 500mg tablet in Diabetes Mellitus type 2.
A randomised controlled trial with six weeks follow up were done. This research was randomized pre-post test. Total of 85 people patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 come as acupuncture patients in “Rungkut” private clinic Surabaya, Indonesia, from January 2013 to January 2014. After screening 73 subjects who had met the inclusion criteria were invited to participate in the study. 13 subjects dropped out because of discontinued the treatment, the reasons were too busy to participate due to work schedule conflict, family issues, feeling unwell, moved to another town. The total sample were 60 patients divide into 2 group, group control and treatment group, each consists of 30 patients. The control group is given Metformin 500mg tablet 2 times per day for 6 weeks. The treatment group is given Metformin 500mg tablet 2 times daily and acupuncture three times a week for 6 weeks, using Huanqiu steril acupuncture needles, specification 0.25 x 40 mm (1.5 cun). The acupuncture point principle use Zusanli (ST36) Location 1 finger breadth lateral to lower end of tibia tuberosity. Puncture – 1 cun perpendicularly and Taibai (Sp 3) Location - Posterior and inferior to head of 1st metatarsal bone at border of two colon of skin. Both group activities, exercise and diet as usual with no change. The age’s data analyzed using frequencies test; the gender’s data using fisher’s exact test; the education’s data using crosstab test; the duration of diabetes’ data using descriptive test; the corellation age and Fasting Plasma Glucose (FPG) ...
... middle of paper ...
...rol level is -14.17 mg/dl, p=0.001.
According to the standard TCM Diabetes effectiveness in the treatment group: healing was 10%, which is 50% efficacious, inefficacious is 40%, whereas the control group: 6.67% healing is, 33.33% efficacious, inefficacious is 60%. The overall success rate in the treatment group was 60% and the control group was 40%. Standard efficacy of TCM, the comparison between treatment and control groups showed both were equally effective, meaning that symptoms improved after treatment, but in this case it is more effective in the treatment group 20% greater than the control group.
The use of acupunture points combine medicine in this research use Metformin 500mg tablet twice daily, there is significant difference in the therapeutic magnitude of decrease in total cholestrol level p=0.001 though for magnitude of decrease in Fasting
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The article I selected is, “Surgery should be used to treat type 2 diabetes, say international experts”. According to S. Boseley the author of this article, “In 1979, there were approaching 100 million people worldwide with diabetes. Last year that had risen to 422 million, although the figure was probably an underestimate. Global obesity had fueled It (Boseley, S. 2016)”. There are two type of diabetes, “ type 1 diabetes, which is usually genetic and found in younger people amounted to only 5-10% of the total of the 422 million ( Boseley, S.... [tags: Obesity, Diabetes mellitus, Nutrition, Insulin]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- ... For people who choose to take insulin to manage dibetes, they will have to spend millions of dollars over their life time becaue they have to buy insulin. When managing diabetes most people choose to take insulin or some oral medications. Metformin is generally recommended as a first line treatment for type two diabetes, as there is good evidence that it decreases mortality. Routine use of aspirin, however, has not been found to improve outcomes in uncomplicated diabetes. 4 Insilin is injected daily into a persons body subcantanously.... [tags: disease, glucose, insulin, energy, problems]
587 words (1.7 pages)
- Diabetes is when your blood glucose is extremely too high. Sometimes the blood can always have a little more glucose in it due to the body which needs glucose for energy to make the body keep going. Having too much glucose in the blood is very unhealthy for the body. Even though, glucose comes of any food that has been eaten and produces liver and muscles. It will allow the blood to carry the glucose to each individual cell in the entire body. Insulin is created by the pancreases, to release insulin into the blood.... [tags: Diabetes mellitus, Insulin, Blood sugar, Diabetes]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Urban Acupuncture There is an interesting theory nowadays called urban acupuncture, which refers to the idea that carefully considered as small-scale architectural interventions have the potential to bring about positive change to a larger urban field. (Deyond, 2012) “Acupuncture” is a Chinese medical treatment procedures involving penetration of the skin with needles to stimulate certain points on the body. In Chinese medicine, doctors proposal that our bodies are able to heal by ourselves, and use some method such like acupuncture and cupping to simulate points to treat patients.... [tags: Chinese medical treatment procedures]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- ... To test this, we will measure core body temperature; -oxidation and browning in adipose depots of K1-KO mice fed a high fat diet or exposed to cold stress. We will measure -oxidation and mitochondrial respiration in K1-KO adipocytes and in inducible IP6K1 knock-down adipocyte cell lines. Utilizing enzyme assays and hydrogen deuterium exchange (HDX) studies, we will determine the molecular mechanism by which IP6K1/IP7 inhibits AMPK. Furthermore, we will monitor the AMPK stimulator; 5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide (AICAR) mediated -oxidation and insulin sensitivity in K1-KO mice.... [tags: diabetes, energy, metabolism]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Diabetes Destroyer Review: Do you suffer long run from this hateful disease. Have you ever found a natural method to cure your diabetes. Here Diabetes Destroyer is a system for you. Diabetes is a deadly disease which affects millions of male & women all over the world. The Diabetes Destroyer is a new program, which can really completely reverse the diabetes. Diabetes Destroyer is a simple & easy to use digital program that reveals amazing and scientifically proven methods to relieve & permanently treat both type 1 & type 2 diabetes devoid of using glucose-lowering drugs otherwise really invasive diabetes treatment.... [tags: Diabetes mellitus, Insulin, Diabetes, Blood sugar]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Type 1 diabetes formally known as juvenile diabetes is defined as a form of diabetes mellitus that occurs during childhood or adolescence characterized by a severe insulin deficiency. (Craig, 2014) Type 1 diabetes is often an insulin dependent disease. There is a deficiency of insulin secretion resulting from atrophy of islets of Langerhans cells. This can cause high blood glucose levels also known as hyperglycemia, which can lead to ketoacidosis. Ketoacidosis is defined as a serious complication from diabetes with high glucose levels where the body produces excess blood acid best known as ketones.... [tags: Diabetes mellitus, Insulin, Diabetes]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- "What is Diabetes type 2" In the U.S. their are many diseases people have in common. One of them is diabetes which is a group of metabolic diseases in which there are high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period. There are different type of the diabetes but the one that is most common in people is the diabetes type 2. Diabetes type 2 is a problem with your body that causes blood glucose meaning sugar level to rise higher than normal. Every one has insluin in their body but when you have type 2 diabetes your body does not use insulin the properly way it was suppose to work in our system.... [tags: Diabetes mellitus, Blood sugar, Insulin, Obesity]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- According to the CDC, as of 2010 diabetes effects about 1% of the population aged 20 years or less in the United States, with 13,000 children under the age of 18 diagnosed with type one diabetes per year. In 2007 it was found that an average expenditure was $11,744 per year. This amount includes direct attributes to diabetes such as medical costs, as well as lost work days, restricted activity and disability related to diabetes. This amount is “approximately 2.3 times higher than what expenditures would be in the absence of diabetes” (Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 2012).... [tags: Children with Diabetes, Type 1 Diabetes]
1781 words (5.1 pages)
- Diabetes Diabetes is a lifelong disease that can affect both children and adults. This disease is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States. It claims about 178,000 lives each year. Type one diabetes, also known as insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, usually occurs in people less than thirty years of age, but it also may appear at any age. Diabetes is a very serious disease with many life threatening consequences, but if it is taken care of properly, diabetics can live a normal life.... [tags: Health Disease Disorder Diabetes Essays Papers]
992 words (2.8 pages)