Milwaukee's River flicks
Why pay an arm and a leg for a movie ticket? This summer, head off to Pere Marquette Park for Milwaukee's River Flicks. Every Friday night, throughout the month of August, enjoy a free outdoor movie under the stars. Because all of the movies have G and PG ratings, the event creates an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. Bring along your family, friends, lawn chairs and bug spray. The Preshow starts at 7:00 P.M. and the movie begins at dusk (around 8:15 P.M.) The event takes place at Pere Marquette Park, Located on old world third Street.
For the River Flicks movie lineup and additional information, visit the Westown Association's Website, here.
Milwaukee County War Memorial Center
Learn some history at the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center. The Milwaukee County War Memorial Center is a building dedicated to those who lost their lives while serving our country. Marvel at the numerous exhibits, military displays, and war memorabilia found in the Veterans Gallery. Browse through the Zigman Poster Collection featuring original, fully restored American, British and French WW1 and WW2 wall posters. The Milwaukee County War Memorial Center creates an exceptional learning experience for people of all ages. Parking is available on the surface lot, on the north side of the war memorial c...
... middle of paper ...
...ival ,parks across Milwaukee display over 500,000 Christmas lights. Take in the beautiful scenery, while participating in one of the festival's holiday activities. Enjoy the holiday arts & crafts, tree decorating, contests, and even a visit from Santa Clause.
For a list of participating parks and additional information, visit their homepage, here.
Milwaukee's Slice of Ice
Milwaukee's Slice of Ice
Do not hibernate all winter. Grab your ice skates and head down to Red Arrow Park, in Downtown Milwaukee, for Slice of Ice. From December through February, Red Arrow Park's outdoor skating rink is available, free, to the public. Bring your own ice skates to avoid a rental fee. Otherwise, Ice skate rentals are 6.00 per person. Milwaukee's slice of ice is a fun and free way to stay active all winter. For more information visit the Slice of Ice homepage, here.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As one of the northernmost states in the central United States, Wisconsin has a unique climate that has given the state some of the most fascinating natural features found anywhere in the country. These natural features have contributed to the cultural and historical development of Wisconsin in such a way as to ensure that visitors will find Wisconsin to be a great destination. All in all, a wonderful vacation awaits anyone traveling to Wisconsin. Wisconsin's Natural Attractions If you love beautiful lakeside vistas, then you will definitely want to make a visit to Geneva Lake part of your itinerary.... [tags: Travel]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- My first degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is a Bachelor of Arts in dance. The pressure to be thin and extreme dieting habits of my classmates lead me want to learn more about nutrition. UWM offered a Nutrition Certificate, which I earned along with my dance degree. This helped me to realize my passion about managing and preventing metabolic diseases through lifestyle habits. However, influencing people to change their habits is difficult. People know they should eat a healthy diet and exercise, but don’t.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Food, Dietitian]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- All houses are haunted; all persons are haunted; throngs of spirits follow us everywhere, we are never alone. Every county has they own haunted places some more known than others. I know this very personally because I live less than 100 yards from one of those haunted places, Marsh Road. I will take you on an adventure though Wisconsin’s past and present gulls and goblins that will sure give you a new look on Wisconsin. The haunted places in Wisconsin are worth learning about. Do you know what the closet haunted places to you are.... [tags: spirits, haunted roads, paranormal activities]
2052 words (5.9 pages)
- Living in a rural area of Wisconsin, I have always grown up with guns around, especially for hunting and recreational activities, such as shooting trap. Gun control is a large controversy throughout the United states, but in Wisconsin, there is much debate on what should be done. Michael Steele once said, “You can have all the gun control laws in the country, but if you don't enforce them, people are going to find a way to protect themselves. We need to recognize that bad people are doing bad things with these weapons.... [tags: rural area, hunting, recreational activities]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- The 1989-1991 Biennial Budget established a program that would support school districts’ efforts to give information about Wisconsin Indian history, culture, and tribal sovereignty. The exact year Act 31 took place was 1989 (information from Act 31 handout/lecture). I would like to teach at the high school level which is the grades nine through twelve. One course would be history. History is a very delicate topic when dealing with Wisconsin Native Americans. I would talk to the Native American students in my class, and I would ask them what they would be comfortable with me teaching.... [tags: Wisconsin Indians, Native Americans, USA, history,]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Criminal Behavior Analysis Paper: Jeffrey Dahmer Jeffrey Dahmer who is called as a psychopathy, a sex offender, a serial killer was born in West Allis, Wisconsin on May 21, 1960. He was responsible for serial murders of 17 young males in between the years of 1978 and 1991. He usually picked up victims in the gay bar and had sex with them before killing them. By the summer 1991, he started killing one person every week. He was caught on July 22, 1991 when Tracy Edwards who was a survivor and last intended a victim escaped and shopped him to police officers.... [tags: criminal behavior, psychopathy, sex offender]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- In July 2010, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services published the most recent version of Healthiest Wisconsin 2020: Everyone Living Better, Longer. A strategic state health plan, Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 (HW2020) was the result of extensive community engagement, assessment, and analysis in order to determine the current state of health and the changes that need to be pursued to improve upon that state. This paper will provide an analysis of the strategic planning process utilized in the creation of HW2020 and the resultant plan. Vision, Goals, Mission, & Values The vision, goals, mission, and values of HW2020 are presented collectively at the beginning of the document, with additi... [tags: health insurance, healthiest wisconsin, bryson]
3409 words (9.7 pages)
- The Sunshine State Choosing a vacation destination can be difficult. When deciding a destination there are many things to consider. Two of the most important considerations are the climate, and activities that are available. California is one of the top destinations for many people. California is also known as the “Sunshine State”. The beautiful state has many things to offer for families, couples, and singles. The top places that are visited in Southern California include many amusements and popular site seeing.... [tags: climate, activities, attractions, choice]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- Major Tourist Attractions in Chicester All the main streets of the city are lined with bustling shops, businesses, restaurants and pubs. During the Christmas time, the Rotary club in Chichester places a large Christmas tree near the cross at the nave of the city. The colorful lights looming over the streets emit a magical glow, which lights the streets after sun down. This city offers numerous eye-catching places. Following are the top ten phenomenal places you must not miss out. 1. Chichester Cathedral This cathedral in Chichester is the archetypal English cathedral by architectural historian Nikolaus Pevsner.... [tags: Tourism]
2521 words (7.2 pages)
- large acknowledged that Eventually Tom 's perusing always swimming with its mouth open, the shark will be essentially avoiding suﬀocation. The will be assures a constant ﬂow for oxygen-laden water under their mouths, through their gills, and out through the gill slits. P1: It is by and large acknowledged that by continually swimming with its mouth open, the shark is just maintaining a strategic distance from suﬀocation. P2: This guarantees a constant stream of oxygen-loaded water into the shark 's mouth, over its gills, and out through the gill openings.... [tags: Nutrition, Dieting, Obesity, Atkins diet]
1614 words (4.6 pages)