A best friend is hard to come by especially one that is loyal and supportive. Marissa was my best friend since the days we ran around pre-school causing trouble. We were one in the same, we were tomboys who loved to play soccer with the boys and hated to wear frilly pink dresses. We had each others back no matter what, well thats what I thought until that cool crisp evening in December.
It was about three days before our schools annual Christmas play and Marissa, myself and two of our other friends, Becca and Vanessa were asked to stay late and finish painting some of the sets. Of course we jumped at the chance to spend some extra time hanging out, since during Christmas break Marissa was going on a family vacation and we wouldn 't be seeing each other much. Things were going great, jingle bells was blasting in the background as we twirled around the room painting the sets. Mr.Fernandes our bubbly, grade five teacher, pranced into the room and asked us to clean up for the night. Marissa and Becca hustled off to the washroom to clean the paint brushes while Vanessa and I scooped up all the paint and headed for the supply closet. I had finished putting all the paint away and was heading back to meet the girls when I saw Marissa heading right for me, she was panting and covered with watery paint residue from head to toe. She grabbed my hand, did not say a word and toed me towards the exit. As soon as we got outside she turned towards me and said, “ If anyone asks I was putting the paint cans away with you, right?” Without hesitation I replied back, “of course you were with me the whole time.” She let out a big sigh and gave me a quick smile before heading towards her mom’s car. As she began to get in she turned to me a...
... middle of paper ...
...nd Becca.” Vanessa looked at me with tears in her eyes and just started crying. I uttered back the Mr.Laurier, “They are lying, Vanessa and I were putting the paint cans away, we did not do this.” At this point, Mr. Laurier was furious with us and knew that this conversation was pointless. He took a deep breath to calm himself down and stated that he no longer cared who did it, we were all going to clean the washrooms.
Not only were we suppose to clean the washroom that was covered in paint but the other two girls washrooms as well. As we mopped the washroom floor in silence I knew that my relationship with Marissa would never be the same. She had broken the trust we had worked so hard to build and there was no way for us to rebuild it. I learned a bigger lesson though,that you should aways tell the truth because if you don’t it will come back to hurt you.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Nick was the kind of guy who always told you what you needed to hear even if it wasn’t always exactly what you wanted to hear. He was not only my youth pastor, but also one of my best friends. He was the guy that if he said something, you could always count on it to be true. If he said that he was going to do something, he would do it. When I was fourteen years old, I was always going around and doing a lot of things that I knew that I should not have been doing. One day, my friend Devon invited me to church and I didn’t want to come at first but then I decided that I would go anyways.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- A Best Friend is… “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never ever the same” (Unknown). What is a “best friend”. Almost everyone has one, and almost everyone is one. There’s something about a best friend that cannot be duplicated. Everyone has their own definition of what their own best friend is like and what an impact he or she has made in their life. In this essay I would like to take a better look at some of the simple things that we might take for granted when we think of our best friends.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- For nearly 32,000 man has had a best friend in the canine. Dogs, once wild animals that would kill anything that moves, are now a common place in house holds around the world. Nowadays dogs are taken for granted, and after living with a companion for over 30,000 years its not surprising to take that companion for granted. But when did man get his best friend, and why. Was it simply that some guy at some point in time needed a heavy object dragged, and didn't want to do it himself. Perhaps some one wanted a companion.... [tags: dogs, canine, domestication]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
- What were you thinking when you killed innocent Lennie. Some people believe that the killing of Lennie was like the killing of his puppy. Others feel it was comparable to the killing of Candy’s dog. Lennie, like his dog, was innocent and unaware of the cruel world around him. However, Lennie, with his physical strength, also killed many innocent beings, including a weak and innocent puppy and, killed a human being. In contradiction, Carlson killed Candy’s dog in an act of compassion to relieve an old and suffering animal.... [tags: innocent, compassion, death]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- There are three different types of friends in every friend group: the loyal best friend, the jokester, and the friend who differs from the normality of everyone else. Sitting at the far table in the cafeteria is a small group of friend chatting about the upcoming homework assignment in English. Sara, your loyal best friend, is talking to you about Jason, the boy who has broken your heart more than enough times. Tye, the jokester is telling a story about the previous weekend that has everyone in laughing hard enough for milk to shoot out of their noses.... [tags: Friendship, Laughter, Interpersonal relationship]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Dogs are the first domesticated animal, and commonly known as "man's best friend.' Dogs have accompanied humans, and been considered pets, for around 10,000 years. They have been used for working, hunting, but most commonly as a pet. To this day, hundreds of different dog breeds exist, coming in various sizes, colors, and shapes. Although dogs are currently viewed primarily as pets, they have not always been viewed this way and have had an evolution of their own. To fully understand dogs, one must take a look at where dogs came from and how they have evolved.... [tags: gray wolf, pets]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- My Best Friend in the Entire World Everyone needs a best friend in her lifetime. She needs somebody that she can trust and go to with her problems. A best friend should be there for you all the time, no matter what the situation may be. In my case, I have known my best friend for my entire life. My best friend happens to be my younger sister, Brittany. She is only thirteen months younger than I am, so we are very close. Having Brittany as my best friend has made me into the person I am today.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Analysis of My Best Friend's Wedding “You never know what you have until you reach out and it’s no longer there.” This quote was given by an unknown source. This is exactly what Jules is experiencing with her best friend Michael. Jules went out with Michael for like a month and he fell in love with her, they broke up, and he fell in love with someone else; Kimmy. Kimmy is perfect in every way, she’s sweet, bright-eyed, smart, wealthy, and more. Jules does not like Kimmy that much because Kimmy is so irritatingly perfect, yet Jules is the maid of honor.... [tags: Papers]
467 words (1.3 pages)
- Hamlet’s Best Friend, Horatio The Shakespearean drama Hamlet shows much deception and crime. Few friendships in the play survive till the end. But Hamlet and Horatio, best of friends, are not even separated by the hero’s death. This essay will elaborate on this relationship. A.C. Bradley in Shakespearean Tragedy notes a problem involving Horatio in Shakespeare’s Hamlet: When Horatio, at the end of the soliloquy, enters and greets Hamlet, it is evident that he and Hamlet have not recently met at Elsinore.... [tags: Essays on Shakespeare Hamlet]
1893 words (5.4 pages)