Many people believe that acne is is just acne, however, there are various types. Acne ranges from whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts. Whiteheads remain under the skin and are very small. Blackheads are visible and they appear black on the surface of the skin. Papules are also visible on the surface of the skin, they are small bumps that are usually pink. Pustules, similar to papules are also visible on the surface of the skin. They are red at their base and contain pus in the upper portion within the pore. Nodules can be seen on the surface of the skin and are usually large, solid pimples that are painful and buried deep within the skin. Cysts can also be seen visibly on the surface of the skin. They contain pus and are quite painful. Cysts can also easily cause scars or hyperpigmentation.
Although acne can leave scars, they are not dangerous. Within the human skin, there are pores which are ...
... middle of paper ...
"Azelaic Acid Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information." U.S National Library of Medicine.
U.S. National Library of Medicine. n.d. Web. 20 May 2014.
"How Does Sulfur in Facial Cleansers Help to Eliminate Acne?" UCSB Science Line
Sqtest. National Science Foundation. n.p., n.d. Web. 20 May 2014.
Deschutes Dermatology. "Acne Bend OR." Deschutes Dermatology Acne Bend OR
Deschutes Dermatology. n.d. Web. 20 May 2014.
American Academy of Dermatology. "Different Kinds of Pimples." Different Kinds of
Pimples. American Academy of Dermatology. n.d. Web. 20 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Treatment for acne scars Description: - Acnes scars of different type. Some are permanent like and some are likely to be cured. So the treatment options can be adopted according to the type and severity of the acne. Key words:- Acne scars, Acne scars, Acne scar treatments, treatments for acne scars, Laser treatment for acne scars, Home remedies for acne scars, Home remedies for acne scars Treatment for acne scars Acne scars occurs because of the infection that occurred to the acne. This is the age of cosmetic surgery helps a lot to cure this problem.... [tags: Health]
1061 words (3 pages)
- ... These glands are called sebaceous glands which produce sebum, an oily substance that helps to stop the skin from drying out (Acne Academy). When a gland produces too much sebum, it begins to form a blockage in the pore, thus producing acne. For mild acne treatments there are options for over the counter treatment. These products usually contain resorcinol, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, sulfur, Retin-A, and azelaic acid. Benzoyl peroxide is used for killing bacteria and slowing down oil production within the glands.... [tags: natural remedies, counter treatment]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- Is Blue light treatment useful for killing acne bacteria. Description: Blue light treatment is now getting strongly recommended or prescribed by expert skin specialists so that cane germs can be treated in a well-defined manner and that to with permanent effects. Are you looking for the best acne treatment. Well, in this regard nothing can be the right option other than Blue light treatment. This treatment is fully based on advanced technology and on the other hand it is comparatively cost-effective than other traditional acne treatments.... [tags: Skin, Acne vulgaris, Light therapy]
2199 words (6.3 pages)
- Blue light acne treatment has become a well known option for the people whose acne refuses to go even under different ointments and medications. This therapy not only gentle on the skin but is also non-invasive when used alone or as part of any laser therapy. This treatment involves the use of high density and a narrow band of blue light to treat mild to moderate acne. When this treatment is used for treating the acne, the blue light rays kills the acne causing bacteria from inside the oil producing glands and stop the breakouts.... [tags: Health]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- According to the American academy of dermatology, nearly all of the teens have experienced occasional breakout. Acne strikes all teens equally. The teen acne usually begins between the ages of ten and thirteen. Most of the cases of acne resolve by the time the person is in their twenties, though it is not unusual for it to continue into adulthood. Usually the normal cases require mild to moderate teenage acne treatments since they are just a passing phase of the skin. The hormonal changes occurring in the commencement of puberty are responsible for teenage acne to breakout during the teen years.... [tags: Health]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- It is a fact that all illnesses are caused due to some imbalance in our body. With proper nutrition the skin can become healthy and radiant. According to a recent report by Center for Disease Control and Prevention, almost 40% of the people intake less than the required nutrition every day. The deficiency of vitamins and minerals can affect the body functions. The required vitamin acne treatments can be taken in form of supplements with our normal diet to compensate for the imbalance. Multivitamins should not be taken as a replacement for eating healthy foods.... [tags: Health Care]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- Proactiv is a skin care product created to treat acne and other skin problems. It is a product that is known worldwide. This product was created by two famous dermatologists, Dr. Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields. Proactiv is a three step process to clearer and better skin. Proactiv’s message is to tell us that their product can make all your acne problems go away. The audiences that they want to appeal to are mostly teenagers and those who have acne. Their ads can make teens and people who have acne become hypnotized by their products.... [tags: advertisement, celebrities, acne treatment]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- Acne is a disease which is a real problem to almost everyone and more so during adolescence but what many don’t know is that there are easy do it yourself home remedies for acne. You can use the following simple effective methods to treat acne. 1. Baking soda mask It’s easy to make a baking soda acne mask to get rid of that troubling look. All you need to have is baking soda, towel and some water. You follow the following steps; i) Form a thick paste by mixing a spoonful of baking soda with some water.... [tags: facial oil, washing, acne]
561 words (1.6 pages)
- Teenagers can 't seem to catch a break when it comes to their skin. Hormonal changes from as early as age 11 start to affect boys and girls, and often these changes result in outbreaks of acne on the face, neck, chest and back. In fact, eight in ten teenagers will get acne (goo.gl/YrY41n). It’s hard enough going through these hormonal changes without having to deal with blackheads and spots especially when confidence matters most at this point in a person 's life. Then there are other factors that can aggravate acne such as exam stress, poor diet and life changes – these exacerbate the situation.... [tags: Skin, Acne vulgaris, Sebaceous gland, Medicine]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- Acne is a bacterial infection that leads to skin outbreaks like blackheads, whiteheads, acne and even swollen spots on the face. To overcome this skin condition, a new technology known as clearlight acne treatment was developed. This treatment method has been proven by the Food and Drug Administration so there is no harm in using them. This treatment basically works on the blue light therapy principles. The blue light therapy helps to eliminate rashes and is known for effectively remove bacteria and decrease the sebum production.... [tags: Health]
987 words (2.8 pages)