That basically explained how acid rain is create and what it is. Acid rain basically is form from pollution being polluted to the atmosphere and combine with other little particles containing lots of mixed chemicals in the air which is being absorbed by the clouds, than being marinated together and when it rain that is what’s coming from the clouds not pure rain toxic rain. Acid Rain is released into ways which are wet and dry. Wet is removed from the atmosphere and distributed into the earth surfaces. Dry is polluted when gases is release like dust and smoke and so forth that sticks to the ground. That is dangerous because when it rains, it washes of the chemical into many different oceans and other water sources. Decreasing the amount of fuel being burned can reduce a high level of chemicals that is being distributed in the atmosphere.
Many years ago rain was drinkable water before the factories and all the harmful chemicals that was burned. You could take a bucket outside and collect rain for drinking water and much more. Rain also was helpful for plants and animals keeping them growing and health, however now it is harming lakes where lots of animals drink from putting chemicals in their bodies and killing plants, also it is harming humans as well, because we eat a lot of fruits and veggies that contain rain water for a feeding resource and animals too. In addition acid rain also comes f...
... middle of paper ...
...ention to because it is hurting this planet and not too many people know that. We need to reduce the amount of energy being used and how much material being repeatedly made by factors, limiting the transporting system, try to find ways to transport materials using less energy. Recycling can limit all of that by recycling you do not have to keep getting new items, for instance bottles, cans, and so forth can be reused unlimited of times and will not have to be remade and can help change the amount of energy being used to create something that was already made. In many ways people can help save our environment, and help save this planet from global warming you just got to be willing to go the extra mile to help recycle and use less energy. Also cutting down on transportation that burns a lot of fuel. Decreasing lots energy usage can save some much of the living system.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Acid Rain's Effects on the Environment Acid rain causes damage to limestone bulidings. Scientists are concerned that increased air pollution may cause an increase in the concentration of acid in the rain. If this is the case then it would increase the damage done to limestone bulidings. Acid rain is caused when we burn fuels. When we burn these fuels we make a gas called sulphur dioxide. This gas goes into the air. The sulphur dioxide reacts with the oxygen and then dissolves inot droplets of rain.... [tags: Papers]
2131 words (6.1 pages)
- Some people think that acid rain can burn skin if it lands on them. This however, does not happen. Acid rain can not burn skin, it still can causes damage to plants, animals, and even structures. Acid rain occurs naturally without human interference, but since humans started to make objects that contribute to the creation of acid rain, it happens more frequently than if humans would not be involved. People not only raised the amount of acid rain that falls, they can also be the ones to bring the amount back down to reasonable levels.... [tags: Acid rain, Water, Volcano, Oxygen]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Acid Deposition One of the biggest environmental problems that needs dealing with in society today is acid deposition. It is largely caused by humans, and causes much pollution to the environment and harms people and buildings as well. Although there are minimal positive sides to this issue, the negatives far outweigh it and call people around the world to take action to reduce and even solve this problem. Coming in both wet and dry forms, acid deposition consists of acidic pollutants including nitrogen oxides and sulfur oxides that have been deposited from the atmosphere to the surface of the earth.... [tags: Environmental Ecology Essays Pollution Acid Rain]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- Sulfates and nitrates that form in the atmosphere from sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides emissions contribute to visibility impairment, meaning we cannot see as far or as clearly through the air. Sulfate particles account for 50 to 70 percent of the visibility reduction in the eastern part of the U.S. Acid rain looks, feels, and tastes just like clean rain. The harm to people from acid rain is not direct. Walking in acid rain, or even swimming in an acid lake, is no more dangerous than walking or swimming in clean water.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Fossil fuel, Acid, Acid rain]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Rain is a major component of the water cycle as it is held responsible for depositing most of the fresh water on Earth. (EPA USA, 2014) It not only provides suitable conditions for various ecosystems, but also provides water for hydroelectric power plants and crop irrigation. (Andrei, 2012) However, since the start of industrialization in the 18th century, humans have been abusing such important features of life and created acid deposition. (The Ledger, 2014) The pH scale is composed of values starting from zero, the most acidic, to 14.0, the most alkaline.... [tags: Rain, Water, Chemistry]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The term acid rain refers to the process of deposition or precipitation of hydrogen ions with a pH value below 5.0, in the atmosphere. These acidic substances are produced by the pollutants on the earth that are airborne. These acidic precipitates will pour down as water droplets along with normal rain water whose pH lie between 5.0 and 5.6 creating hazardous effects on the living organisms of earth. HISTORY The cause of acid rain is mainly due to industrial pollutants. Acid rain was first reported during the Industrial Revolution in England in 1852.A Scottish chemist by name Robert Angus Smith discovered the same.... [tags: Environmental Science]
1998 words (5.7 pages)
- Acid Rain Acid rain has become an environmental concern of global importance within the last decade. With the increasing environmental awareness of the "unhealthy" condition of our planet earth the concern about acid rain has not lessened. In brief, acid rain is rain with pH values of less than 5.6. When dealing with acid rain one must study and understand the process of making Sulfuric acid. In this project we will take an in depth look into the production of sulfuric acid, some of its uses and the effects of it as a pollutant in our environment.... [tags: Acid Rain Environmental Nature Essays]
3205 words (9.2 pages)
- Acid Rain If it was possible to peer into the future and see the environmental consequences of mankind’s actions, humans’ harmful contributions to the highly acidic rain levels would be apparent. Seeing the possibility of a tragic environment in the future would change the ways we treat our environment today and forever. The environment receives its main punishments from a variety of sources, ranging from car smog to industrial smog and waste. Acid rain, fog, sleet and snow all have severely harmful affects on our environment.... [tags: Environment Ecology Nature Essays Papers]
709 words (2 pages)
- Acid Rain Do you ever look outside on a rainy night and think to yourself why are we destroying our own habitat. Of course you don’t. You are more rapped up in the beauty of a calm and serene shower with the wind blowing and a gentle howl of the breeze trickling through the trees. Why would you think of something bad. Well, maybe you should start thinking of rain as a bad thing. Maybe not rain, but what is in the rain. Not enough attention is being put toward the well being of the Earth. There are definitely forces at work destroying our environment as we speak.... [tags: Papers]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- For years ever since most of the world has been industrialized, the effects of pollution have plagued nations alike. Acid rain is one of the largest contributors to this industrialized form of pollution. Throughout this report an explanation of the devastating effects to the environment caused by acid rain will be given along with what is being done to stop it. Acid rain is made when pollutants arise from the use of coal in the production of electricity, from base- metal smelting and from fuel combustion in vehicles.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
783 words (2.2 pages)