Since our childhood, we have been taught to facing all challenges. Parents like to tell use the story about how those brave heroes who never give up and finally become successful. With this kind of education, in our deep mind, escaping is a shameful thing, and good kids should never do that. When I was a kid, like other children, I always assumed that I 'm a good kid, and good kids never give up. However, when I began to learn English, I never know that I will go aboard for college. Because at least that time, learning English was a painful experience for me. And when everyone told me it 's not ok to avoid it, someone said that actually it 's just OK.
When I was 6, My parents send me to a after school club called Pioneer English. I had a good English grade in school so I thought that would be easy for me. In the class, I learned grammars and vocabelaries that are far behind our school 's process. Personally, there were lots of points of I could not understand. But I don 't have the courage to tell my mom and dad or the teachers. I was afraid of being a "s...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Avoiding Litigation Litigations take place when a wrongful act occurs or when a contract is breached (Mayer et al., n.d.). Avoiding litigation is important when it comes to businesses and in some cases litigation or a contract breach may be unavoidable. Steps in avoiding any legal issues and avoiding a lengthy and costly case are in the continued training and education of employees and management (Joint Commission n.d.). Avoiding being sued is costly in itself, hospitals implement systems and rules to avoid litigation and avoid going to court.... [tags: court, negligence, alternative dispute resolution]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- You 'll No Longer Feel Stuck with Your Health Goals If You Learn This Trick Achieving our health goals can feel like a downright battle against our bodies. Even with all will in the world at the beginning, a lack of progress is a huge source of demotivation. Yet if we are to reach and surpass our health goals we are going to need to suck up all the motivation we can get along the way. More often than not, this happens because you have set yourself up for failure from the start. By setting incredibly ambitious goals and deadlines is going to be an uphill struggle the whole way.... [tags: Health, Nutrition, English-language films]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- This schematic illustration shows a pattern where a person 's motivation is directed at achieving goals. The most powerful motive shows the behavior of such activity leads to a goal or purpose in the form of activities, because not all goals are reached. People do not always reach activity goals, no matter how strong despite the need. Thus the purpose of the activity described by the broken lines. Although it has been clear about the importance of motivation, but it is difficult to define and analyze it.... [tags: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Psychology]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- developing this attitude through: developing a personal relationship with students, creating a pleasant and supportive classroom atmosphere, helping students set their personal learning goals which they use their strategies to achieve and creating a sense of "belonging" in the class by involving students in the decision making process for activities and even in the evaluation (Brown, 2007). Although research shows that intrinsic motivation is more important than extrinsic motivation in second language learning, teachers should not overlook motivating the learners externally.... [tags: Motivation, Education, Educational psychology]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Negotiation, competition is having a leader to propose solutions and resolve differences of ideas or opinions of the parties, based on sufficient authority and justice, focusing on common interests, trying to reconcile and mediate equitably to the parties, avoiding manipulation and bias of personal interest. The description of a work often includes negotiation skills as a desirable quality in applicants a fee list, however the ability to trade implies a set of communication and interpersonal skills to be used together to achieve a satisfactory result .... [tags: Negotiation, Contract, Mediation]
1504 words (4.3 pages)
- DATE: April 03, 2014 TO: K. Voltan, Vice President FROM: Rob Geis, Marketing Executive SUBJECT: Higher Demand for Non-Animal Tested Cosmetic Products INTRODUCTION L’Oréal Canada and Animal Testing There has been some controversy regarding L’Oréal Canada and their use of animal testing in their cosmetic products. For certifications regarding safety, we currently possess 86% of manufacturing facilities that are either OHSAS 18001 or VPP certified. (L’Oréal Canada, 2014) Safety is a priority for us at L’Oréal Canada to ensure that our products are safe for our consumers so that they can enjoy the beauty of our cosmetic products.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cruelty-free, Products]
2481 words (7.1 pages)
- 1. Describe why Art and Tom appear to be less effective than Carol. Art is described to be a hands-on type of manager. Art is involved in every aspect of the work that is performed and does not allow room subordinate influence. The job expected seems to be mindless for the workers as Art has broken the work down to a science where task completion is equal to productivity. There is no influence by the workers and is said to feel “repetitive” and “monotonous”. Tom seems to work hard at making the work environment enjoyable.... [tags: Employment, Management, Leadership, Job]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- What is happiness. Defining happiness can be more elusive than achieving it. Everyone wants to be happy, we all can say whether we are happy or not but can it really be defined. According to research, yes happiness can be defined in many ways according to each human being. What makes human happy. Each person designed a life that they want to live therefore everyone is unique in a way. Some people say money makes them happy while others think otherwise. According to studies and research, we can surly say that family and friends contributed a big part to our happiness.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Positive psychology]
2038 words (5.8 pages)
- Looking back over 20 years of service and experience, I have determined that leadership has many attributes. Leadership is not simply “Influencing others to achieve a goal” like the definition the Coast Guard provides. Every leader wants to set and achieve goals for themselves, their subordinates, and the organization but leadership is much more than just achieving those goals. Leadership incorporates elements of respect, dependability, trust, service and empathy; when put together a leader can inspire others to accomplish nearly anything.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Want, Greatest hits]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Nathaniel Hawthorne and Edgar Allan Poe are often thought to have different themes in their writing, but in reality, they have extremely similar themes. In Hawthorne's "Dr. Heidegger's Experiment" and Poe's "The Masque of the Red Death," one theme is incredibly prominent. Death is unavoidable, and when one tries to escape death, one will always find it hiding around another corner. Death can be evaded by hiding behind a barrier or attempting to conquer it, but one will always fail and have a limited time before it catches up.... [tags: Comparative, Poe, Hawthorne]
1191 words (3.4 pages)