Essay PreviewMore ↓
All of us dream, several times at night. It is believed by some that we sleep in order that we may dream. Dreams can come true if somebody makes them true, as the saying goes, “A dream is just a dream, unless you make it come true”. Dreams provide us the actual picture of our thoughts. Dreams may tell us about any physical event which took place with us or which is going to happen with us. The dream is trying to inform the dreamer about his condition in any walk of life. Basically, we can dream about anything logical or illogical, fictious or non-fictious and reasonable or unreasonable.
Dreams can often give some people good ideas, which they could not imagine. It is said that Robert Louis Stevenson got his idea for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde from a dream. But some people think that they are not able to apply these ideas in their life so there is a well-known saying about them which says that: “IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN DO IT”. Mean to say that whatever one watches in dream he/she should try to implement it in his/her personal life and if that idea is good one that one should also pass it to others and also ask them to implement it on their lives as well. In somebody’s darkest or boring hour, dream can give somebody hope, courage and determination to some creative work which somebody has not done before.
All successful people are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be ideal or bad. Generally, everybody in this world dreams, but everybody has not aggressiveness to work out on the ideas that they got in their dream.
How to Cite this Page
"Achieving Dreams." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Feb 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... For each situation there is a different approach and a style of addressing or talking to other parties. For example, during the High School Luncheon in Newtown Campus everyone was dressed and acted professionally. I kept a smile on my face, opened the door for others and greeted students and high school counselors to make them feel welcomed. For me, it was the first time that I participated in something this professional. I knew that I had to act to portray the best image I can to others to have a positive outcome.... [tags: Anxiety, Fear, High school, Week-day names]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it”. As the saying goes by William A. Ward. I am sure that you have understood the topic, the topic is, DREAMS. Dreams are nothing but the thoughts and ideas of ones mind. They predict the character of the person. If ones thoughts are good they he/she will see good dreams and if someone’s thoughts are bad they he/she will se bad dreams. From the above line it is clear that dreams are good or bad, intentions of people.... [tags: essays research papers]
468 words (1.3 pages)
- ... However, when people are surrounded by negative thoughts that control their beliefs and emotions, they lose focus on what needs to be done, they lose patience with themselves and they start procrastinating making wrong decisions. People start asking themselves what is the American dream, what is it centered around and will they be able to achieve it. The journey that people take through life could be either a good experience or an immensely complicated and difficult to absorb. In T.D. Jakes book: Before You Do, he states, “It is our respect for the gravity of the decision that makes us a little edgy and uncertain, prayerful and careful” (184).... [tags: Need, Want, Emotion, Psychology]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- I honestly agree with Steve Jobs argument, if you don’t like the job your doing then don’t do it. Steve Jobs has been a good man; he went to a very expensive college (Reed College) but couldn’t afford it so he dropped out. He regretted it so he still went to the classes that amused him, but had to sleep on the floor in his friends’ dorms. Jobs have lost lots of things he liked and the big one was the job that he owned and created. I honestly think if you work as hard as he did then its worth doing the thing you love.... [tags: work, har, job, motivation, easy]
520 words (1.5 pages)
- Success is to face pure accomplishment and to achieve something desired pr planned or attempted. Success can come in big goals as starting a multimillion corporation or as simple as baking a piece of cake but either one there is the feeling of achievement and pride as you accomplish and succeed your goal. Anyone can reach success but like any other plans you have there must be steps, starting with small ones to the bigger. First, the desire, when you want to start a project you must have the desire to plan and succeed with it "I want to open a kindergarten but I have no idea how".... [tags: achieving one's goals and dreams]
640 words (1.8 pages)
- In this paper I hope to open a window to the vast and mysterious world of dreaming. To most people, information about dreams isn’t common knowledge. In researching this subject though, I found that everybody has and reacts to dreams, which are vital to your mental health. You will also find how you can affect your dreams and how they affect you. All over the world different people, scientists, and civilizations have different dream theories. For instance, the Senoi tribe in Malaysia has a fascinating tradition of dream telling.... [tags: Dreams]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Strive not to be of success, but rather to be of value. Albert Einstein Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it. Ralph Marston Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman and Thornton Wilder’s Our Town both explore the fulfillment of life. Emily and Willy Loman fail to take advantage of their lives because they have the wrong priorities and do not take the time appreciate what they already have. Willy focuses solely on achieving his dreams of success as a salesman and helping Biff become a great man, resulting in him ignoring his family, declining status in society, and reality, leading to his demise.... [tags: priorities, dreams, appreciatio, ruin]
2330 words (6.7 pages)
- Going through life, people pursue various endeavours in the hopes of achieving happiness or contentment. These goals and dreams are all driven to pursue some form of wellbeing, whether it is of basic needs and necessities or a more personal goal such as love or success. In some cases, an individual may find that the endings of these endeavours are not what they expected; some may even call them failures. These unfortunate endings leave the individual feeling lonely and isolated, as if not a single being in the world may understand them.... [tags: Emotion, Empathy, Lemony Snicket, Emotions]
889 words (2.5 pages)
Dreams Deferred in William Faulkner´s The Sound and the Fury and Sandra Sineros The House on Mango Street
- Dreams Deferred Tragedy is an ever present part of life, whether it be illness, inability, death or anything else, it takes its toll on everyone. A very common tragedy found in literature and daily life is the loss of dreams, in Langston Hughes’s poem “A Dream Deferred” Hughes poses the question of what truly happens to a deferred dream: “What happens to a dream deferred. Does it dry up… Or fester like a sore… Does it stink like rotten meat. Or crust and sugar over...Or does it explode?” The outcome of lost dreams differs for each individual and their attitude.... [tags: tragedy, attitude, sterotypes, dreams]
582 words (1.7 pages)
- Winston Churchill once said, “Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.” Effort and pure determination is a key part of the success of the rocket boys throughout Homer Hickam’s October Sky. Due to the effort and determination that Sonny had to use in order to pursue his dreams throughout the memoir of October Sky, the theme in this book can be used to help any 21st century student in achieving their dreams. If Sonny did not put towards the effort or have the determination to want to build his rockets, his dreams would not have come true.... [tags: achieving your goals]
647 words (1.8 pages)
Every time, dream comes it provides different information about different topics.
Everybody should first make a plan that how he/she should implement the idea which he/she had got in his/her dream the one should apply it in one’s life.
So, in my opinion one should try to implement on the dream what it says because it always provides the best idea. “Learn from your dreams what you lack”.
Another saying which says: “Hold fast to dreams, for without them we are like birds with broken wings”.