First of all, this paper will define Accounting Information System (AIS) as a system which is designed to transfer any accounting information to become a reliable financial report and provide the report to stakeholders which will make any business decisions on the grounds of this economical statement. Related to the preceding definition, a Computerized Accounting Information System (CAIS) is a modified version of AIS with an involvement of computer, either hardware or software, in stages of the report production. Meanwhile, the term of Accounting Software can be explained as a tool which is providing features to ease bookkeeping tasks. To avoid the discussion goes too broad, Accountant interpretation will also be hedged as a person who has an educational bac...
... middle of paper ...
...also cited by Mongeon, not providing a hard copy of recorded transactions could also make it difficult to monitor the data, when the software storing the information needs an upgrade, because a time wasting conversion that requires a huge amount of money will come as a consequence if there are some changes in business principles. Therefore, a printed copy of transaction treatment which has been authorized manually by accountant is still necessary in any accounting information system although the system has been computerized.
In conclusion, although the necessity of time and expense efficiency could be satisfied by well designed accounting softwares, companies should also look at its harm potential if it is not accompanied by accountants who able to prevent some errors such as unbalanced and wrong number contained reports which may jeopardize business performers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. INTRODUCTION Information Technology (IT) is a foundation for conducting business today. It plays a critical role in increasing productivity of firms and entire nation. It is proven that firms who invested in IT have experienced continued growth in productivity and efficiency. Many companies' survival and even existence without use of IT is unimaginable. IT has become the largest component of capital investment for companies in the United States and many other countries. Accounting/Finance application systems like Peachtree, Net Suite and QuickBooks let you manage your business with a little or no experience.... [tags: Business Technology]
1583 words (4.5 pages)
- Cost Accounting Software Regarding the Budgeting Process Budget tracking and control is a key decision-support tool, so it comes as a surprise that the budgeting capabilities of most accounting suites is rudimentary at best. There are also few stand-alone budgeting packages that deliver budgeting functionality beyond budget templates designed for use in spreadsheet packages. While there are at least four different software approaches to managing budgets, some stand-alone budget packages can add value to the budgeting process by providing such features as workflow, the ability to account for many scenarios, and additional options for budget entry and reporting.... [tags: Papers]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- Case study: Sahira has received employee complaints about the lengthy time it takes for her team to create financial reports. Sahira’s team explains that the computers are the problem and that the software programs are too difficult to use and that many hours of manual manipulation of data are required to complete monthly reports (Colorado State University-Global Campus, 2014, p. 6, ¶3). Issues of delays in financial reporting generally emanate from two root causes: 1) data reporting system problems (data input and software integration), or 2) insufficient training (operator error), and sometimes a combination of the two (of course, new software would require retraining in any event).... [tags: accounting software, computers]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- If done right, I believe that all of the costs can be allocated to each of the three products through both direct and overhead costs. The only direct costs that are being included currently are labor and manufacturing costs. I broke up overhead into overhead based off direct labor and overhead based on units sold. Overhead based on direct labor includes the cost of the Product Development Support Center, interest expenses, and general and administrative expenses. The Product Development Support Center failed to account for hours spent on each product, which will not only complicate the product cost calculations, but also the calculation of capitalization expenses later on.... [tags: adcom, secret agent, fasb]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- Transactional Processing The accounting software packages developed and distributed by Sage and Microsoft, respectively, each use their own methods for recording accounting information. Sage 50. There are three different areas which must be discussed. These are the revenue, expenditure, and financing cycles. These areas are written about from the author's own knowledge from using the software, as learned from the book by Carol Yacht (2013). Revenue cycle. For revenue cycle recording, Sage 50 allows the user to go through a pipeline of stages which need to be accomplished.... [tags: accounting software, Sage, Microsoft]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Nowadays, every manufacturing company needs to choose an accounting system for its products and costumers. There are many accounting system, but we will be focusing on traditional and time-driven activity based costing (ABC) systems and what are the differences between them. Also, how Time-driven ABC addresses the drawbacks of traditional ABC, and if there are any drawbacks in Time-driven ABC. And the connection between time-driven ABC and Enterprise Resource Planning (EPR). The drawbacks of traditional ABC systems Activity Based Costing was developed in the 1980s; however, Kaplan and Anderson later offered a costing system that avoids the mistakes in traditional ABC system.... [tags: Capacity, Process, Software]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- From an early age, I have always had a keen interest in the world of accounting. From studying Accounting at A-level, I have gained further knowledge into this particular subject of my choice. I am currently studying A-levels in Accounting, Chemistry and ICT. I also done Biology but chose not continue the subject into second year. Each of these subjects has given me many different options to apply for at university. The subject I am most interested in studying at university is financial accounting at various university available to me.... [tags: Accounting, ]
483 words (1.4 pages)
- Technology is on a fast track and progresses in some fields take place on a daily basis. This does not exclude the accounting sector, where things are not as simple as keeping books to show profit, loss and the balance in the bank. Financial accounting systems have evolved rapidly over the past decade as companies grapple with the challenges of compressed business cycles, rising customer demand and a globalized, expanding customer base. The accounting community is a highly competitive one and in combination with technology things are changing in a very fast pace.... [tags: Business Accounting]
715 words (2 pages)
- The Accounting Cycle The accounting cycle consists of the following ten steps: 1. Analyze and classify events. 2. Journalizing the event. 3. Posting to the ledger. 4. Taking an unadjusted trial balance. 5. Making adjusting entries. 6. Taking an adjusted trial balance. 7. Prepare financial statements. 8. Complete closing entries and post to the ledger. 9. Take an after closing trial balance. 10. If needed, do reversing entries and post to the ledger. This paper will discuss these steps in detail.... [tags: Business Accounting]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Easy to edit and presentation Staff details and Member record database, project management, accounting To keep every record up to date these are the best application software at this time. It is easy to add new data and to edit or delete old data, there is ease of storage Data can be imported into other applications. Finance Accounting, spread sheets Accounting software can help to increase the accuracy of your records by reducing or eliminating human errors in financial problem. Sales and purchase Spread sheets To calculate and keep record details of selling and purchase Spread sheets is good.... [tags: business, computer software]
1086 words (3.1 pages)