Accounting my field of study The purpose of accounting is to provide the information that needed to make sound economic decisions. It is one of the oldest professions in the world today, and the backbone of any business operation. It is not just about numbers, accounting is about planning. Accounting has many subfields, which includes management accounting, financial accounting, and cost accounting. Accounting can be a prestigious career, but to achieve that prestige you will have pass the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) exam and become a licensed accountant, and with that license you can work in any of the subfields. I enjoy playing with numbers and that is why I choose accounting as my career field, also very business operation needs an accountant. Even though we are going through a recession, there is still a high demand for accountants, because companies will always need accountants to help with their business decisions. It takes at least four years for a person to earn an accounting degree. There are specific requirements you have to meet in order to earn a degree in accounting. An accounting degree normally carries a minimum of 120 earned credits within a four-year period of pre-determine courses. Out of that 120 credits at least 60 credits has to be core accounting classes. Eighteen to 20 of these credits will be elective courses in the accounting or business field. After you complete your degree you can take some graduate courses or work, or you can do both. The reason for this is because the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants requires every candidate who wants to take the CPA exam to have at least 150 credits and some experience before they can take the exam. A num...
... middle of paper ...
...produce financial statements and prepare reports for their managers and supervisors. In conclusion, accounting is the foundation for all business. Whenever a person is starting a company, he/she has to know where their funds will be coming from to start that business. Accountant has to be careful and accurate with numbers and advice they give to people they doing tax return for or explaining how their well business is doing. Accountants prepare financial statements to distribute to companies so that they can see the effectiveness of the business. The lease mistake an accountant makes can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars, even millions. Anyone who wishes to become an accountant should definitely take the CPA exam, and become a certified accountant. It is a good feeling to know that you can carry out that goal of being a certified and licensed accountant.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- From an early age, I have always had a keen interest in the world of accounting. From studying Accounting at A-level, I have gained further knowledge into this particular subject of my choice. I am currently studying A-levels in Accounting, Chemistry and ICT. I also done Biology but chose not continue the subject into second year. Each of these subjects has given me many different options to apply for at university. The subject I am most interested in studying at university is financial accounting at various university available to me.... [tags: Accounting, ]
483 words (1.4 pages)
- Since the day we are able to comprehend, our parents have tried to set a good example for us to understand the importance of right and wrong and how to act in many situations. As we get older to attend school, our teachers, family, and friends also influence our daily lives. During our journey to adulthood, we come across everyday challenges of whether to be ethical or unethical in situations we find ourselves in. When entering our career profession, we are taught and trained by the company to understand their ethical codes of conduct, such as in an accounting career.... [tags: accounting scandal, right, wrong, morality]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- Requirements and Job Opportunities in the Accounting Field Accounting is something I have wanted to do since I was a sophomore in high school. It requires a lot of education. One will have to take a CPA just to get his license. Lastly, an accountant’s job has a lot of varieties. Accounting is a great career that needs a good amount of education, a license, and has a vast amount of possibilities and temptations. An accountant’s education depends on which state he or she is trying to become an Certified Public Accountant in.... [tags: job oppportunities, public accountancy]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- I. Theoretical Analysis of Restoration Liability Accounting Firms in the extractive industry usually follow a general pattern of evaluation & exploration, development, production, and finally rehabilitation of the site. According to the AASB Framework, “A liability is a present obligation of the entity arising from past events, the settlement of which is expected to result in an outflow from the entity of resources embodying economic benefits.” (AASB Framework #49a, 2004, p.22) Looking deeper than just the legal form of the mining asset, the economic benefit from the land in such a scenario where the asset (mining site) is leased or bought would flow to the entity rather than its legal owner... [tags: Accounting]
2711 words (7.7 pages)
- Each person has a different idea of what it means to be successful. After talking to my family and some friends, I know that I have several strengths and weaknesses. I know that I will face some opportunities and threats. Also, I know that I will have competitors. In this competitive business world, understanding what is truly valuable to me is a major step towards achieving my goal. My strengths are my languages, technology skills, education, work ethic and the ability to follow directions. My weaknesses are communication skill, lack of U.S culture and working experience.... [tags: Personal Analysis Career Job]
1546 words (4.4 pages)
- A Career In Accounting Management accounting is considered one of the most essential management services. Management accountants are considered internal managers; they produce information for managers within an organization. Management accountants identify, measure, accumulate, analyze, prepare, interpret and communicate information that helps managers fulfill organizational objectives. With increased competition and consequent economic pressures, management accounting has become part of the primary fabric of management.... [tags: Papers]
644 words (1.8 pages)
- When it comes to choosing a major in college, it is important that you pick a major that you will enjoy working in for the some part of your life. How does one make that decision. There are several different factors that play a role in choosing a major; or there was for me at least. When I looked into business for my intended major the first thing that came to my mind was not if I was going to enjoy working in some kind of business environment because I already new I would like that. Instead I looked at other aspects or values that a business degree offers.... [tags: Business Accounting]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- Technology is on a fast track and progresses in some fields take place on a daily basis. This does not exclude the accounting sector, where things are not as simple as keeping books to show profit, loss and the balance in the bank. Financial accounting systems have evolved rapidly over the past decade as companies grapple with the challenges of compressed business cycles, rising customer demand and a globalized, expanding customer base. The accounting community is a highly competitive one and in combination with technology things are changing in a very fast pace.... [tags: Business Accounting]
715 words (2 pages)
- Management in business and human organization activity, in simple terms means the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals. Management comprises planning, organizing, ->resourcing, leading or directing, and controlling an organization (a group of one or more people or entities) or effort for the purpose of accomplishing a goal. Resourcing encompasses the deployment and manipulation of human resources, financial resources, technological resources, and natural resources. Management can also refer to the person or people who perform the act(s) of management.... [tags: Business Accounting]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING SYSTEM DESIGN TYPES OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION 1. FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING INFORMATION • prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and reported to shareholders and other interested outside parties. • it is built around the single basic equation Assets=Liabilities+Owners’ Equity. 2. MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING INFORMATION • has three principal purposes, each of which requires a different cost construct. THREE PURPOSES OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING: 1. MEASUREMENT • Cost is a measurement, in monetary terms, of the amount of resources used for some purpose, called a cost object.... [tags: Business Accounting]
1128 words (3.2 pages)