On Thursday, they were invited by the Davidson’s to a dinner party celebrating their twenty-second wedding anniversary. It was a small party, attended by around fifteen couples, and by 11PM. the party was in full swing, with the thirty odd guests mingling, drinking and discussing various topical subjects and gossiping, as is always the case in parties like this.
The topic under discussion was about the rise in cost of living especially rents and how difficult it was to save nowadays. Soon this turned itself into a full fledged debate on the country’s current economic position and how hopeless and bleak the future looked ahead if the cost of living and in particular, rents continued to rise.
Susan talked about how her landlord had once again increased their apartment rent, and that too without any justification or warning, whilst Ben chipped in a about how his landlord was trying to evict old tenants from the building, so that he could rent out the apartments to newer tenants at exorbitantly inflated prices. Everyone was chipping into the conversation, putting in their two-bits and narrating horrific tales, that they had heard or in extremely rare cases experienced themselves.
From rents, the topic turned to jails and how the nation’s jail was over-crowded with debtors and how most of these debtors were victims of poor laws or absence of proper laws. A case in point, and one avidly discussed, was the absence of any sort of bankruptcy law in this nation.
In this country there was no such thing as bankruptcy. If by chance you owed money or were in debt, and were unable to pay it back, then un...
... middle of paper ...
... of what is paid to them and return the balance. I already did this math two days ago and therefore I am so sure about it now.”
Carol relaxed visibly on hearing all this, but still maintained her plans by saying, “Even so, I feel it is time for us to go back. I am not interested in great wealth, all I am interested is in staying with you and growing old together with you.”
“I know that love, and that is why I adore you so. You are everything to me too. Now let us lighten up our moods and enjoy our brunch.” Saying so he got up and led Carol to the sumptuous brunch table, where they piled their plates from the goodies on display laid out before them.
Math has a funny way of proving logic wrong although it solely relies on logic itself. How wrong Karl’s math was, would soon reveal itself, even before he left this hotel, even before he left this brunch room.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The interest rate of a savings account at a commercial bank is 0.1%. The interest rate being so low indicates that there is low risk with the people’s money. Because money in saving account is F.D.I.C. Secured up to $250,000, it is highly unlikely for a person to lose their money in it at all. Checking accounts in commercial banks have no interest on their money. In general the money in checking accounts are high in liquidity, which makes them easy to use for paying bills. Putting money in a checking account puts your money at no risk, and guarantees a safe place to store your money.... [tags: Mutual fund, Investment, Bond, Security]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- “The Ordinary of Newgate’s Account” document discusses the themes of crimes and punishment from this course, by giving an insight into the penitence of those who are condemned to death in the Newgate Prison. The focus will be on the crimes that the prisoners committed, the connection of sin and crimes, and proper penitential behavior. In England during the eighteenth century, religion played an important part of people’s lives due to the reason that it provided a moral and behavioral structure.... [tags: Capital punishment, Crime, Sin, Criminology]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- 1. Is a current account deficit something to be avoided. Explain. A current account measures trade, international income, direct transfers of capital, and investment income. A current account deficit occurs when a country imports more goods, services, and capital than it exports. It creates a reliance on foreign parties for capital. A current account deficit isn’t necessarily something to be avoided – it can be a sign of economic growth, or a sign that the country is a credit risk. There are multiple components of a current account deficit that should be taken into account when assessing each case.... [tags: Economics, International trade, Investment]
1541 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction: Since in the 1980’s, one of the most persistent challenges to The United States’ economy and her policy makers has been the deficit of the U.S. current account. A current account is made up of four separate categories, the combined balance of which results in a surplus or deficit. The four categories are: The Merchandise Trade Account, Services, Factor Income, and Unilateral Transfers. Each account either has a surplus or a deficit, depending on whether money is flowing into or out of a particular country.... [tags: overview, economy, policy makers, USA]
1830 words (5.2 pages)
- Macro Economics Project Executive Summary Balance of Payment BoP, also known as balance of international payments, deals with an economy’s transactions with the rest of the world, for a specified time period. It involves goods, services and income, financial claims and liabilities and transfers such as gifts and foreign aid. Balance of Payment involves two kinds of accounts – Trade balance, or for India’s case, Trade Deficit, is a major component of Current Account Deficit. It the output in the economy can be characterised as Y, below equations can be derived as follows: Y = C + I + G + NX NX=Y– (C+ I + G ) NX = (Y– C– G ) – I = S – I Where, C: Consumption; I: Inve... [tags: macro economics project]
2807 words (8 pages)
- Account Of A Holiday Letztes Jahr bin ich allein nach Deutschland geflogen. Ich mag das deutscheskultur weil ich, daÎ² die Gemeinschaft in Deutschland immer eng und vereinigt ist, glaube. Ich finde, daÎ² im allgemeinen die deutschen Leute freundlicher als englischen Leute sind. (I was really looking forward to the trip as I was born there and so I wanted to visit the place where I grew up) Von Heathrow Flughafen bin ich zur Frankfurt Flughafen geflogen. Die Reise war zwei Stunden lang und wann ich bin abgesetzen, meinen Freund von mir hat mir mit ihre Familie gegrÃ¼Î²t.... [tags: German Essays]
441 words (1.3 pages)
- Carbaugh (2011) asks, "Can the United States Continue to Run Current Account Deficits Indefinitely?" (p. 361). Ultimately in the long term the answer is no, but the question could be rephrased to ask: (1) Does the United States' unique position in the world economy allow the country to safely run persistent external deficits. and (2) can persistent U.S. deficits in the current and payments accounts be adjusted without bringing about economic recession or crisis. Japan, China, and Middle Eastern oil countries have enabled this deficit to continue by heavily investing in U.S.... [tags: US economy, external deficit]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Independent Retirement Account (IRA) All living beings grow old with time and come to a stage when they can no longer make a living on their own. Be it animals or humans, it is a time when they have to depend on others for their survival. Yes, as human beings, there comes a time in our lives when we can no longer afford to live independently and have to make way for younger and much healthier individuals at work. So what does one do to earn a living. There are quite a few possibilities of which Independent Retirement Account, or IRA as it is known in short is quite popular with Americans.... [tags: Finance ]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- Account to Police I arrived back at my home at 12.00pm after a demanding day at work. My mind was far too active to go straight too bed and I had some immensely important business documents to finish off. I put on the radio to listen to the news and then I had a look in the fridge for some midnight comfort food. Everything seemed so quiet now that the neighbours have gone on holiday I even miss their screaming kids. Suddenly I heard a bang from next door and I thought 'That's funny their not due back until next week perhaps they had a bad holiday'.... [tags: Papers]
697 words (2 pages)
- The Structure of a Profit and Loss Account Creating a Profit and Loss Statement: This profit and loss statement shows or consolidates our understanding of the structure of the profit and loss statement. The cells displaying zeroes contain formulae to perform automatic calculations on my accounts/data. It is best not to type into these cells, as you it will erase the formulae. Also you should put figures in the rows beneath each section heading. Any values entered in the same row, as a heading will not be included in the automatic calculations.... [tags: Papers]
534 words (1.5 pages)