During my time here I want to be able to graduate with a 3.5 GPA, and be inducted into the Lambda Pi Eta Communications honors society. My overall GPA has been kept above a 3.4 since elementary school, and I don’t plan on changing this streak. Maintaining high grades is not only due to my own push for excellence, but the high academic standards I have of myself. Since I am a recipient of Quinnipiac University`s grants and scholarships and other outside scholarships, a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required for me to keep them. My intentions, the theme of Wes Moore`s speech at the freshmen lecture, were always higher than the average. I believe this is why Quinnipiac holds value to students like me because I embody it`s mission for all students. Since I am acclimated to the Quinnipiac community, my drive to achieve more than the stereotypical youth today in America continues to soar. My focus and determination helped me to stay on top of my studies easing the process of adjusting on campus.
As I start my freshmen year, I see the...
... middle of paper ...
...out it I could not prosper oversees. While my hopes are high I fear money to fund the trip will be a challenging because I come from a low income family so I am scared that it will inhibit me to go abroad. Nevertheless, choosing where to go wont be hard, and with extensive planning with an academic advisor this goal could turn into a reality.
My goals are different from another person because we are all different. Some people struggle with goals because they don’t know how to stay on track. Yet, with the resources available, a friendly faculty, and mentors available to me achieving a goal is realistic. Although I am just being my journey, I have a lot to look forward in college and I am ready for the challenges in triumphs in all its aspects. These obstacles and will more knowledge and character as I strive to do the impossible and spread my wings when I graduate.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Lack of Experience How are kids suppose to learn the most valuable lessons in life if their parents don’t allow it. Overprotective parenting causes kids to miss out on lessons that best prepare them for their futures. Most lessons are best learned when someone fails, or does something wrong. Failure helps teach and guide people how to overcome their tasks so they can eventually become successful. People learn from their failures, which will later on help them in one way or another in their futures.... [tags: High school, Lie, Parent]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- The Failures of Education The Failures of Education The name of this essay is “In Praise of the F Word” by Mary Sherry. It’s about how the education system has failed. How it just pushes students through to graduation, without them actually learning the material. This is an argumentative essay. The purpose is for Mary to explain to her audience; of teachers, parents, and students, that “We must review the threat of flunking and see it as it really is- a positive teaching tool” (560). The context of this essay is “Tens of thousands of eighteen-year-olds will graduate this year and be handed meaningless diplomas” (559).This essay is a successful argumentative essay Because of her appeal to rea... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- ... That class, although still filled with immigrants, was slightly tougher since those immigrants had been in the US couple of years. So their understanding of the course was a slightly higher than mine. That was the course of action that took place in all of my main classes (math, science, English). At that time, I was clueless of how the school system here worked; my grade was high because of the standards that are engraved in my habits. My freshman year was intriguing. As the pillar of my high school career, my first year set the obstacles, the accomplishments and the failures that I was soon to encounter.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- ... When it came time for the test, I felt slightly nervous. Even though, I knew I was doing all the studying I could possibly do, there was still a bit of doubt I had left. After the teacher was finished passing out the test, I took a look at all the material on it and relaxed. There was nothing on the test that I had not prepared myself for. When the following week came around, my teacher returned the test back to us and publicly stated the entire class, that I was the only student to make a hundred percent on the test in the past year.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity, Education]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- ... They can be taught core subjects using unusual methods, that get the message across better for them. Barbara Kantrowitz, a senior education writer and editor, writes of a woman who homeschools her children in a fun yet educational way that still manages to get all the core content across. She explains, “right now her kids are studying bats, everything from their diet to their wingspan to the specifics of their natural habitat. They 've even built a bat house in the backyard, which required many hours of practical math problems,” (par.... [tags: Education, Homeschooling, School, Teacher]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- ... So I did the best I knew how to at the time and got a minimum wage job, eventually took the SATs, and began taking one class a semester at the local community college. When all my friends started to graduate from college, I felt like a complete failure. I had nothing to show for the last four years of my life. Then, my childhood best friend passed away and I could not have felt worse about myself, and fell even further away from God. A little while later, my relationship with my long-term boyfriend fell apart and we went our separate ways.... [tags: High school, College, Minimum wage, SAT]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- ... At Ohio University, the yearly tuition and fees costs $11,744, with an annual room and board cost of $11,176, and approximately $3,736 for additional expenses (“Ohio University Tuition, Cost”). The total cost of Bowling Green State University is slightly less than Ohio University, but accumulated over four years adds up to around $10,000. This is one reason I prefer BGSU over OU. Choosing the right major is key to success in college and future life. Picking a college with the best options can be of vital importance.... [tags: College, High school, Ohio, University]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Senior year of high school, I felt confident going into college, I was excited and just ready to move forward in my life. There was nothing getting in my way to success. I started to get nervous about college because there were many rumors going around in high school about how difficult it was. Every time I talked to my friends about college, they would all tell me something negative like, teachers don’t care, there is no support, and schools just want your money. Not only would my friends scare me, but even the teachers would tell us scary things about college.... [tags: High school, University, Psychology, Education]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- The Autobiography of a High School Senior On August 14 1997, I entered the world at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau. From the very beginning I was unordinary. I was an early baby weighing in at 9 lbs. and about 22 inches tall. My father decided to name me Sierra but won’t tell me any meaning to my name other than he just liked it. I was always happy to be around and my favorite activity was sticking my fingers in food (especially cake). We enjoyed every one of our days on Luce Street in downtown Cape Girardeau.... [tags: High school, Educational years, Second grade]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Sometimes the greatest life-changing experiences occur when least expected. One of the greatest things to have happened to me started in my senior year of high school, although at first it did not seem like it would be. All three years prior to my senior year, I had to take PE which I absolutely dreaded going to because I did not feel that it was worth taking. My goal for my senior year was to fill my schedule with other classes so that I would not have to be in there. Once I had my schedule sorted out, there was one setback in which I thought that the only choice I had was to take PE, however with the help of my school counselor, we found an alternative that has effected my college major... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1072 words (3.1 pages)