Everyone has their own views, what they believe is right and what they think should be done. Every year there are many abortions performed. They are performed for many different reasons. Which abortions is a highly controversial topic, if they think they should be legal or not. Many people don’t agree or don’t believe in the same things, just like abortions. The author and I could figure out a way to compromise by having better information that is easily available, the availability of contraception, and even support.
Jennifer Fulwiler brings to point many of her everyday interactions that also helped her views that some of her friends had abortions. That they came to her for help on learning about abortions, how far has the fetus developed and anything else that may help their decision. Also she brings up “the fact that she was pretty sure her parents would disown her if she came home from school pregnant.” (Fulwiler, Lost) Although she supported her friend’s decisions. However, I didn’t have the same experiences which help brings to my views I didn’t know anyone that’s had an abortion, although they thought about it.
However, I think some women may feel they don’t have any other option other than the abortion. That they don’t have any support just like Fulwiler’s friends even though they had her too lean on they felt there was no other way and nothing would help. Which is why if women had more support from friends and family it would help. That way they don’t feel alone or feel they have no other option. Also everyone should be able to get the support they need no matter what is going on. Even though not everyone’s case is like that and they think they have to do it on their own. Although...
... middle of paper ...
...ething this deserving should.
As we all get older we have different experiences and choices we make. Women should have the right to an abortion if they want. Since we all believe in different things and have those viewpoints who should tell a woman they can’t. Even though we may not agree with someone else’s decisions we shouldn’t tell someone else how they should live their life.
As we gain more knowledge and information about abortions we should be able to come up with many more compromises that can help everyone. Easily available information, better contraception, and even support is just the start that can lower abortion rates and still help women feel they have the best choices that they can make when they feel they do not have any. Just like reading the authors articles has helped me better understand others views and why they believe the things they do.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abortions: For It or Against It In 1973 a decision made by the United States Supreme Court favored women in making their own medical decision, which included having an abortion. An abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing the fetus from the embryo before it can survive outside the uterus. Though there are many types of abortions that could take place between the first, second, and third trimesters. This paper will focus on abortions that take place during her first trimester and the ethical concerns for those that support the procedure, as well as those that are in opposition.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Human rights]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Abortions, ever since they became an option for women to terminate an unwanted baby either for personal or health related reasons, were always a touchy subject for people because on one side you are ending a possible human 's life, but on the other it is the woman 's body and her choice with what she wants to do with it. However, many abortions are done usually at the start of pregnancy and what the abortionist terminates does not resemble that of a baby at all. Partial-Birth abortions are different in that they are done in the second trimester on a fetus that, if not terminated, could live when extracted from the mother.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, George W. Bush]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- Abortions Abortions are happening all over the world but it cause issues and many young children and adults. Abortions are the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. According to Obos Abortion Contributors ,“Between 1967 and 1973, 14 states reformed and four states repealed restrictive abortion laws. Changes included allowing women access to abortion in certain circumstances, such as when the pregnancy was the result of rape or incest.” The Life Center explains that “Medical (Nonsurgical) Abortion Medical abortion is a way to end a pregnancy with medicines without a surgical procedure.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Miscarriage, Birth control]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- Abortions Abortions are happening all over the world, but it causes issues and many young children and adults. Abortions are the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. According to Obos Abortion Contributors ,“Between 1967 and 1973, 14 states reformed and four states repealed restrictive abortion laws. Changes included, allowing women access to abortion in certain circumstances, such as when the pregnancy was the result of rape or incest.” The Life Center explains that “Medical (Nonsurgical) Abortion Medical abortion is a way to end a pregnancy with medicines without a surgical procedure.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Miscarriage, Birth control]
1375 words (3.9 pages)
- Adolescent Abortions Should adolescents be given the right to choose to have an abortion without parental consent. The purpose of this paper is to unveil the opinions of pro-life and pro-abortion for adolescents. First and foremost, I will discuss what an abortion is and what the laws are in the United States pertaining to this subject. An abortion is when a pregnancy is terminated (BPAS, 2010). There are two types of abortion. One is having an abortion by taking a pill. Second, is having an abortion by having a minor surgical procedure (BPAS, 2010).... [tags: parental consent, pro-life, pro-abortion]
1969 words (5.6 pages)
- ABORTION Why do young adults have abortions. Are they aware that this action affects not only themselves or the child that is being aborted, but it affects numerous of people witnessing this devastation. Abortion is a major issue in present society and will most certainly be discussed and brought to a conclusion on whether this action should be allowed in the society as being legal or immediately ceased through an enforced law by the courts. According to the U.S Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, “About 43% of American women will have one (or occasionally more) abortions during their lifetime.... [tags: reducing abortions, unborn child]
2634 words (7.5 pages)
- Abortions Shold be Limited I believe the both pro-life and pro-choice viewpoints have valid arguments. I believe that women should be able to have abortions, but abortions should be limited. I think abortions should not be permitted after ten to twelve weeks of pregnancy, because at that time the fetus represents a potential life. I believe women should be dissuaded from abortion, and more public measures should be taken to prevent unwanted pregnancies. I believe my viewpoint is the best viewpoint is the best viewpoint because it combines both pro-life and pro-choice viewpoints unlike your viewpoint of pro-life.... [tags: abortion argumentative persuasive argument]
479 words (1.4 pages)
- The Morality of Abortions Abortion’s legalization through Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade, has allowed for one in three pregnancies to end in abortion. This means that 1.5 million abortions are performed in the United States each year (Flanders 3). It ranks among the most complex and controversial issues, arousing heated legal, political, and ethical debates. The modern debate over abortion is a conflict of competing moral ideas and of fundamental human rights: to life, to privacy, to control over one's own body.... [tags: Abortion Moral Ethics Pregnancy Essays]
2714 words (7.8 pages)
- Abortions have been a controversial issue for years. Many states have banned abortions after so long in the gestational age. There are reasons for abortions I can understand, but I just don’t agree. Abortions are an inhumane way to take life God has gifted to us. Sadly, there are many surprising numbers when it comes to abortions. According to Operation Rescue, “there are approximately 1.21 million abortions in America each year.” (Unknown, 2013) In the United States, almost half of all pregnancies are unintended and out of those unintended pregnancies 4 out of 10 are aborted.... [tags: Argument Against Abortion]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Nowadays, in this world, there are a lot of problems that can make tremendous conflicts for human beings. They are very complicated and bring a lot of argument and nobody knows what the exact answer is. They also have pros and cons. One of the most complex problems is abortion. This is due to moral and ethical values which we all have. The majority of us are Christians or are brought up in that kind of ambiance which means that as small children we were taught values that are based on the bible such as that famous phrase “Thou shall not kill”.... [tags: Abortion Reasearch Papers]
1188 words (3.4 pages)