Abortion should only be allowed in the case of rape or possible death of the mother. Abortion is a serious and scary situation. Has anyone ever wondered what abortion is? How about what abortion is doing to the United States? The following will tell people everything they need to know about abortion, and why it should be illegal.
An abortion is the act of removing a human embryo or fetus. A woman can only be under twenty-four weeks pregnant in order to have an abortion. If the woman is over twenty-four weeks pregnant she cannot have an abortion, because after twenty-four weeks the baby is already starting to grow and produce.
Abortion is a very serious situation, one out of four women goes through with an abortion; most of these women are under the age of eighteen. Most people believe abortion should stay legal, because they feel that abortion is helpful in their situations. But there is also a handful of people believe abortion should defiantly be illegal, because they feel that having an abortion is not a useful procedure. In most cases people would have to agree with the handful of people that are against abortion, unless in serious cases because abortion happens way too much.
Another reason for abortion to be legal is if the mother had done drugs or drank lots of alcohol, while being pregnant. If she had no idea she was pregnant but had done all of that stuff she could have an abortion, because the child would have problems or live a hard life, because of all of the drugs and stuff the mother had one.
There have been over fifty million babies being aborted every two years. This is what causes a big problem in the United States.
So why do woman decide on going through with abortion? Some woman feel scared, like they ar...
... middle of paper ...
...ts of view reference center. WEB. 21Jan.2014.
Ballaro, Beverly. Geraldine Wagner. “Late-term abortion (2013): 1. Points of view reference center. Web. 21 Jan. 2014.
Deveoped by, Relay Health “Termination of Pregnacy (induced abortion).” CRS- Adult Health Advisor (2013):1. Consumer Health Complete. Web. 22 Jan. 2014.
Jacobs, W.E. and Nacy Sprauge. “point: Parents must be notified in advance of an abortion on woman under 18. “points of view: abortion and minors (2013): 2. Points of view reference center. Web. 24 Jan. 2014.
Pazed, Karen, ET AL. “abortion Surveilance-united states,2010. “MMWR surveillance summaries 62.8 (2013): 1-44. Comsumer health complete. Web. 22 Jan. 2014.
The associated, press. “Abortion Doc found guilty of killing 3 babies born alive an in patients over-dose death. “Mississauga News 13 May 2013: Consumer health complete Web. 23 Jan. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abortions Shold be Limited I believe the both pro-life and pro-choice viewpoints have valid arguments. I believe that women should be able to have abortions, but abortions should be limited. I think abortions should not be permitted after ten to twelve weeks of pregnancy, because at that time the fetus represents a potential life. I believe women should be dissuaded from abortion, and more public measures should be taken to prevent unwanted pregnancies. I believe my viewpoint is the best viewpoint is the best viewpoint because it combines both pro-life and pro-choice viewpoints unlike your viewpoint of pro-life.... [tags: abortion argumentative persuasive argument]
479 words (1.4 pages)
- Is abortion right or wrong. I believe that abortion is neither totally right nor wrong. I do believe that teenagers should be able to have abortions without parent’s permission but, the parents should be informed because it’s a medical procedure. Teenagers should be able to have abortions because there only children themselves, they haven’t even grown up so how would they be able to take care of a child. Not only will it be difficult to care for a child, but their choices will be limited when the baby is born.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Persuasive Essay]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- How would you feel if another person took away your opportunity to live. What about unborn babies. Billions of women around the world undergo life of their babies by doing abortion. Currently having babies in young age, indulging sexual acts without reflection, responsibility and legalities are available and interpreted quite normal. What is abortion. Abortion is a procedure of ending pregnancy with medical interference . This issue has begun in the European countries. In course of time it has been observed in Asia too, including Muslim countries, although in Muslim countries such as Iran, Iraq doing abortion is considered as “kharam” which means “sin”.... [tags: Pro-Choice Essays]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- The Department of Health and Ageing revealed that there are roughly 83,000 abortions in Australia each year and this number considers as almost one abortion for every 2.8 births. However, the exact numbers of abortions are extremely difficult to estimate due to inadequate national abortion statistics. Additionally, if no Medicare claim was made and the procedure was not performed in a public hospital, they would not appear in the abortion data (Chan & Sage, 2005). In Australia the law surrounding abortion is defined by each state and abortion remains a subject of state law rather than national law (AbortSA 2005).... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Human rights]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Aigner Jackson Carol Froisy College Composition I Abortions for what. For years now women have been aborting fetuses. Some with and others without the help of medical professionals. Although abortion is an unjust procedure that hinders women both mentally and physically. The risk to the woman and fetus are well known, but still ignored. According to journalists such as Minkoff and Marshall, a script is recited to women prior to the procedure stating the risks to the woman as well as the harm impacted to the fetus during the procedure.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human rights, Fertility]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- Abortion is the medical termination of a pregnancy that is unwanted by the mother who does not believe in carrying the child for a full term and the eventual delivery of the child. As one can imagine, many women have an inner conflict within themselves when making a decision on such a monstrous topic. Abortion, however, is not the same as a miscarriage, which is the natural ending of a pregnancy without the means of medical intervention. When comparing the two, abortion differs from a miscarriage by the simple fact that it is completed by means of medical procedures and medications rather than by natural means and causes (Lee).... [tags: Pro-Life Essays]
1645 words (4.7 pages)
- The Issue of Partial Birth Abortions Recently, congress has been going over the issue of partial birth abortions. A partial birth abortion is performed in the second and third trimesters. A partial birth abortion entails (1) inducing a breech delivery with forceps, (2) delivering the legs, arms, and torso only, (3) puncturing the back of the skull with scissors or a trochar, (4) inserting a suction curette into the skull, (5) suctioning the contents of the skull so as to collapse it, (6) completing the delivery.... [tags: Papers]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Why Abortions Must Be Legal No matter how any of us feel about embryos and fetuses and their "rights"...about women and sex and responsibility...about God's will, Karma, or the Bible...the fact still remains: Women have always used abortion as a last resort to prevent the birth of a child, and they always will, regardless of what the laws say or the rest of us think. But when abortion is illegal, it is unsafe and dangerous.... [tags: Papers]
2661 words (7.6 pages)
- Abortions and Men's Rights Are you a man. Have you ever dealt with the issue of losing or being in the process of losing a child in which you took part in making. It’s difficult to truthfully answer these questions if you’re not a man and if you haven’t experienced abortion first hand. January 22, 1973 marked the beginning of a moral and political revolution in this country that would forever change many lives 1. The landmark decision ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court to legalize abortion with unrestricted procedures would profoundly affect women and men’s lives.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Men Essays]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
Women 's Rights : The Rights Of The Unborn And Protecting The Health Of Women From Botched Abortions
- Woman’s right to choose requires neither legislative action nor community conversation In the millennium, age old conversations are still being engaged in over a woman’s right to choose what to do with her body and the fetus inside of her. Pregnancies are planned and sometimes unplanned. Some incidents of pregnancy result out of rape and incest. However, the decision of a woman to terminate a pregnancy should be hers alone. Governments are trying to get into the abortion debate citing protecting the rights of the unborn and protecting the health of women from botched abortions.... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade]
2129 words (6.1 pages)