What is an abortion? “An abortion is the ending of pregnancy before birth. An abortion cause the embryo or fetus to die” (Jacobs , , and et al 1).”Abortion comes from the Latin word abortio, which means to abort, miscarry . . .. In medicine abortion means . . . [seizing birth] prematurely [as] the Latin word abortus means . . . premature, untimely birth” (“What is an Abortion” 1)
There are many types of abortion the differences relying on which one best fits the women and the fetus. A medical abortion is used only in the first nine weeks after conception and ends pregnancy by taking two pills. The first being mifepristone which blocks progesterone and makes the uterus very thin. Misprostol is the second pill taken a few days later that makes the uterus expands and empty.
Suction aspiration is a very common method used during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
“Anesthesia is given to the mother and her cervix is quickly dilated. [Then] a suction curette is inserted into the womb . . . [and also] connected to a vacuum machine by . . . [another tube that’s suction is about 30 times stronger than a household vacuum. The suction] tears the fetus and placenta into small pieces that are sucked . . . into a bottle and discarded” (“Surgical Abortions” 1).
Dilation and Curettage and, Dilation and Evacuation are similar to the suction aspiration. The dilation and curettage has the addition of a hooked shaped knife that “cuts the unborn baby into pieces. The p...
... middle of paper ...
...Bible, John 15:17). Abortion is the opposite of these teachings. It is a destruction of the helpless rather than a rescue of them.
Abortions are very selfish and a cruel way to end pregnancy. Abortions wouldn’t be needed if females would take responsibility and either use contraception or own up to their mistakes. Abortion is murder no matter how you look at it and murderers should be punished for their actions. Choose to be pro-life and stand up for the innocent babies that can’t.
Jacobs, Dale W. Ed, ET. al. “Abortion.” World Book. 2001. Print.
“Surgical Abortions” LifeSiteNews.Web. 25 October 2013.
The English Standard Version Bible. New York: Oxford University Press, 2009. Print.
“What are the Possible Complications?” American Women’s Service. Web. 4 November 2013.
“What is an Abortion?” Medical News Today. 14 April 2009. Web. 25 October 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abortions: To abort or not abort 60 % of women in this world choose to get abortions, this is per year, and the other 40% are either birthed or miscarried. Now, what if every 9 out of 10 females had an abortion. Although abortions are common throughout the world, some people don 't have reasons behind abortions. We have some people that are against abortion then we have some who are not against it. Murder seems to be the result of an abortion. Society is overlooking the outcome of abortions and still allowing people to take part in this cruel activity.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Birth control, Murder]
1492 words (4.3 pages)
- Why are abortions legal. Do the doctors enjoy killing the babies since they can’t fight back or protect themselves. Do you know what the doctors do to the child when they are giving an abortion. Abortions are wrong and should be illegal around the world or at least in the United States. Abortions should be illegal; an abortion kills a human being that cannot fight back. How would you like if someone pulled you out of bed and duct taped your mouth shut, then just cut off your head. I don’t think that you would like it very well, but they wouldn’t give you a choice.... [tags: The Right to Life, Pro-Life Essays]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- Abortions are one of the many things that everyone has an opinion on. As defined by the 2012 Merriam-Webster dictionary, an Encyclopedia Britannica Company, an abortion is, “the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus as a spontaneous expulsion of a human fetus during the first 12 weeks of gestation--miscarriage, the induced expulsion of a human fetus, or the expulsion of a fetus by a domestic animal often due to infection at any time before completion of pregnancy.” Abortions have always been and will probably always be a controversial topic in which everyone will not agree upon.... [tags: Abortion Pro Choice Essays]
3801 words (10.9 pages)
- Is abortion right or wrong. I believe that abortion is neither totally right nor wrong. I do believe that teenagers should be able to have abortions without parent’s permission but, the parents should be informed because it’s a medical procedure. Teenagers should be able to have abortions because there only children themselves, they haven’t even grown up so how would they be able to take care of a child. Not only will it be difficult to care for a child, but their choices will be limited when the baby is born.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Persuasive Essay]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- “We Do Abortions Here: A Nurse’s Tale”—the title itself is daunting and depending on which side of the abortion debate a person stands on, evokes different kinds of emotions. For the pro-life side, the title may make them feel sick, or angry. And for those who identify as pro-choice, it may invoke feelings of curiosity about what the story is about. But no matter which side of the debate a person stands on, the tale, like its title, is daunting, thought provoking, and even mid changing. While it was written in 1987, the story is still relevant some twenty years later.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Abortion law]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- Since the beginning of time humans have practiced many things simply because of the fact this it was legal i.e. slavery in the 1800’s. Just because something is legal does that make it morally right. Does it agree with what our higher power tell us is satisfactory. Followers of the Christian faith, as well as followers of other religions, have been battling these moral boundaries for years; one of which is abortion. Now fast-forward from the 1800s until now where the battle of legal versus moral continues.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Infant, Fetus]
2706 words (7.7 pages)
- ABORTION Why do young adults have abortions. Are they aware that this action affects not only themselves or the child that is being aborted, but it affects numerous of people witnessing this devastation. Abortion is a major issue in present society and will most certainly be discussed and brought to a conclusion on whether this action should be allowed in the society as being legal or immediately ceased through an enforced law by the courts. According to the U.S Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, “About 43% of American women will have one (or occasionally more) abortions during their lifetime.... [tags: reducing abortions, unborn child]
2634 words (7.5 pages)
- Abortions: For It or Against It In 1973 a decision made by the United States Supreme Court favored women in making their own medical decision, which included having an abortion. An abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing the fetus from the embryo before it can survive outside the uterus. Though there are many types of abortions that could take place between the first, second, and third trimesters. This paper will focus on abortions that take place during her first trimester and the ethical concerns for those that support the procedure, as well as those that are in opposition.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Human rights]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- The Need for Abortions In recent studies more than 1.06 million abortions are performed, 20 in every 1,000 women received abortions between the ages of 15-44 (“Abortions”). Although, abortions have become a big issue in the United States it has significantly helped decrease the growth in population. 4 out of 10 pregnancies end in abortion, but the rates have declined by thirteen percent since 2008 (“Abortions”). As people begin to study these statistics they begin to question “How did the legislative come to enact abortion?” The abortion laws came to pass by three main concerns, the women’s health, birth defects, and even rape.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Abortions have been a controversial issue for years. Many states have banned abortions after so long in the gestational age. There are reasons for abortions I can understand, but I just don’t agree. Abortions are an inhumane way to take life God has gifted to us. Sadly, there are many surprising numbers when it comes to abortions. According to Operation Rescue, “there are approximately 1.21 million abortions in America each year.” (Unknown, 2013) In the United States, almost half of all pregnancies are unintended and out of those unintended pregnancies 4 out of 10 are aborted.... [tags: Argument Against Abortion]
937 words (2.7 pages)