To say that you are Pro-Choice to some people is like telling them you don’t mind killing an innocent “child”. Sometimes it’s just a matter on deciding when the fetus becomes the baby who the parents are eagerly preparing for. For a 17 year old high school student, trying to graduate and go off to college; that connection may never come. For a rape victim who is just trying to deal with the ordeal of having someone take not only her confidence, but sense of security in this world, but then to find out she may be carrying a constant reminder of what had happened to her, the connection may never come. There are different stages that women go through in life, millions of different ...
... middle of paper ...
...ld lead to an unhealthy environment for the child then a whole host of other problems.
In closing, the ability of a woman to have control of her body is critical to civil rights. If you take away her right of choice, you cross a dangerous line. If the government can force a woman to continue a pregnancy, what happens to her rights of preventing them with contraception? Or deciding if she ever wants to have children at all. Taking away some of the simplest choices can have complex results on anyone involved.
Center for Bio-Ethical Reform. Abortion Statistics. 16 April 2011
"SparkNotes: The Declaration of Independence (1776)." 13 April 2011. SparkNotes: The Declaration of Independence (1776): The Declaration of Independence. 16 April 2011
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The topic on abortion has been an ongoing battle for many years. Pro-life and pro-choice activists have been at war when it comes to the decision making process of a woman either keeping or terminating her pregnancy. Many have also expressed their perspectives on this subject matter while searching for the truth behind the morality of abortion. Those who are pro-choice would argue that a fetus is not a person as well as, the basic human rights that all women have over their personal bodies.... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Fetus, Pregnancy]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- A Secular Defense of Pro-Life The pro-life stance on abortion is often associated with and defended by traditional Christian beliefs , ; however, this paper will argue that it can and should be defended with secular arguments that appeal to reason and our shared human condition. This paper will try and counter the notion that the argument is simply another battlefield where religion and secular thought meet. Rather, it is an important issue that carries with it heavy implications not only for the religious but also for the secular.... [tags: abortion, human rights, pro choice]
2741 words (7.8 pages)
- Pro-life. Pro- choice. Abortion has become a very hot topic within the last few years. According to Google abortion means “the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy “. See why there is so much controversy. Most pro- life supporters believe that abortion is not only immoral but murder because someone is killing an innocent human being which is why abortion should be illegal. While pro-choice believe the complete opposite about abortion and it should stay legal.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Roe v. Wade, Birth control]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- “Did she sleep with him on the first date. What a slut” by shaming women’s sexuality, society wants us to believe that women aren’t sexual beings. That our sole purpose is to reproduce, however, this couldn’t be further from the truth as most American women have engaged in premarital sex. When a woman has sex, there is always a risk of unwanted pregnancy which leads us to the issue of abortion. Unfortunately, society’s views regarding women, and their sexuality can turn a social issue to a legal one as many US states are making it impossible for a woman to get an abortion.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Pro-choice]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Pro-Life: The Opposite of Pro-Death Careful attention to the truth has never been standard operating procedure for pro-abortion advocates. Therefore, it should not be any suprise that half-truths, and misrepresentations, and many outright lies have permeated the pro-abortion propaganda campaign. Pro-choice is just a phrase used by people who know the absurdity of legal abortions and infanticide. Pro-life advocates have a more simple and straight forward approach: Pro-life is not the opposite of pro-choice, but the opposite of pro-death.... [tags: Anti-Abortion Pro Life]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Abortion. Is it the right or wrong thing to do. In this paper I will try to prove why I believe that it is wrong to have an abortion. Why have an abortion when you can have the baby and put it up for adoption after birth. When you have an abortion, you are committing manslaughter, murder. Some people may not think so, but they are. If the woman does not want to have a baby, then why did she take the risk by having sex. I believe that once you have found out that you are pregnant you should continue the process and see the pregnancy through to birth.... [tags: The Truth about Abortion]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- An innocent child is killed because the mother is not prepared for a baby at that time in her life. Is it right for her to terminate her pregnancy because she doesn't want to raise a child. Abortion should be banned because too many babies are being killed from abortion, baby’s have been reported to survive abortions, and if you don't want a child or you don’t feel you could raise it you could always put it up for adoption. Some people believe that when an abortion is performed that the baby is not developed, or as some say, “a bunch of cells”, but the truth is that before a women even knows she is pregnant, about four days missed cycle, that a baby already has a beating heart at 18 days.... [tags: Abortion Pro Life Essays]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- ... They say that personhood begins at birth, not at conception.. They claim that fetuses are incapable of feeling pain when an abortion is performed. They claim that modern abortion procedures are safe and provide access to legal, professionally-performed abortions reduces injury and death caused by unsafe, illegal abortions. They believe that access to abortion is necessary because contraceptives are not always readily available, and motherhood must never be a punishment for having sexual intercourse.... [tags: Pro-Choice, Pro-Life, somewhere in the middle]
2419 words (6.9 pages)
- Pro-choice Philosophy and Abstinence We recognize no single, universal, objective moral truth that determines our moral decisions. On the contrary, we must consider a broad range of values whenever we seek to make wise, ethical, and compassionate choices. We respect a woman's moral capacity to make decisions regarding her health and welfare, including reproductive decisions. A woman's choices reflect how she weighs her various life circumstances: her important relationships, her economic, social, and emotional resources and obligations, her health, her religious or philosophical beliefs, and the well-being of others for whom she has responsibility.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
436 words (1.2 pages)
- Solutions to the Abortion Problem in America Abortion in America is a huge issue that is causing much turmoil between the communities in America. Some people feel this way and some people feel another. I am personally for pro-choice, which means I am against abortion unless it is to save a mothers life due to medical problems. Through research I found that there are many things available that are being done to try and cut the rate of abortion in America and yet I feel that there is still so much more that can be done.... [tags: Abortion]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- Role of Realism in Edagar Allan Poe´s The Tell Tale Heart and The Cask of Amortillado
- Exploring the Anthropological Principles in Paine´s Common Sense
- ADHD Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Process of Socialization
- Problems in Adjusting to the Culture of Australian Universities
- Human Rights Act 1998, A Positive Development for the Protection of Human Rights