Is the precious gift of being able to create new life not enough to stop the endless murders? Abortions have been an issue in the courts since as early as 1973, but have recently become a bigger problem. “There have been more than 53 million abortions performed in the United States since Roe v. Wade was decided back in 1973(19 Facts).” The current status of this law is that women are still able to get abortions in every state, as long as it is still early in pregnancy. Some states claim that once there is a visible fetus, they will not perform it, but others will still perform abortions up to a certain number of weeks, some as many as twenty. The only way an abortion can happen late in pregnancy is if the baby or mothers are in serious danger.
A shocking story recently of a mothers operation to end her twin pregnancy ended with a twist, just proving how horrifying abortion really is. Clara Culwell always knew she was adopted but later in life wanted to find her birth mother. Soon she was told some life changing news. Her mother was 13 when she fell pregnant with twins, and knew she had to get an abortion: being over five months, the doctors still did it! When the mother went back a couple weeks later the doctors informed her that one of the twins had survived the toxic chemicals, and the baby was born a couple weeks later, given the name Clara. Clara now 24, has struggled her whole life with different medical problems because of the chemicals she was put into, and now is trying to teach others to be Pro-life, and realize what a blessing it is to get to live a long, fulfilled life. And that is one of many examples of why abortions, the termination of an unborn fetus, should be outlawed under any circumstances of the ...
... middle of paper ...
...ine the endless teachers, athletes, scientists, and more amazing people in the world.
“19 Facts About Abortion In America That Should Make You Very Sick." Mr
Conservative RSS. MrConservative, 15 Feb. 2012. Web. 8 Mar. 2013.
"Abortion ProCon.org." Abortion ProCon.org. ProCon.org, 16 Aug. 2012. Web. 8 Mar.
Spielman, Michael. "Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Law." Facts About Abortion:
U.S. Abortion Law. Loxafamosity Ministries, 28 June 2012. Web. 8 Mar. 2013.
Spielman, Michael. "Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics." Facts About
Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics. Loxafamosity Ministries, 27 June 2012. Web.
8 Mar. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abortion has not only been a social controversy but an important argument that has been brought had been because it violates certain religious beliefs. In the Christian belief being able to give life is the most precious gift that can ever be given, that it should be sacred and that life should not be taken for granted. In the Bible it quotes “Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Childbirth, Uterus]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- Society makes it hard for women to have a fair choice when it comes to abortion. How would it feel. To be pressured into making a decision that is hard to make. How would it feel. Having no other option, but still getting judged. How would it feel. Being too young for a responsibility, but being forced to do it. How would it feel. To be judged for a decision, when no one has any idea of what happened. Women who face abortion go through this everyday. While the issue of abortion continues to be divided, women should be able to chose freely based on their home life, their right to adoption, and knowing that’s best for themselves.... [tags: Pregnancy, Childbirth, Abortion, Woman]
1053 words (3 pages)
- Should abortion be legal or illegal. This question is one of the most controversial and moral questions the whole world is asking. Everyone seems to have a side to this issue. They are two main sides, pro-life and pro-choice. Pro-life states that life starts at contraception and at any time is murder. Pro-choice states that women have the choice to choose what they want to do with their body. There are many arguments on each side such as; religion, when life starts and a women’s rights. All arguments about abortions have supporting facts, which gets me to where I stand on this issue.... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade, Pro-choice, Human rights]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Abortion. The trivial aspect of abortion is a depiction of pro-life vs. pro-choice. If we view the word itself its description states that it is “a medical procedure used to end a pregnancy and cause the death of the fetus”. Many argue that the embryo is not considered living. With recent studies through the latest statistics review during 2012 approximately “699,202 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2012 was 13.2 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 210 abortions per 1,000 live births”.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Murder, Human rights]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Abortion is the ending of pregnancy before birth and is morally wrong. An abortion results in the death of an embryo or a fetus. Abortion destroys the lives of helpless, innocent children and is illegal in many countries. By aborting these unborn infants, humans are hurting themselves; they are not allowing themselves to meet these new identities and unique personalities. Abortion is very simply wrong. Everyone is raised knowing the difference between right and wrong. Murder is wrong, so why is not abortion.... [tags: Abortion Essays]
1751 words (5 pages)
- The Controversial Issue of Abortion Abortion is a very controversial issue in society today. Some people think that abortion is a good idea to solve problems and that it is justified yet the Catholic Church would argue this is not the case and that abortion is wrong. There are some very strong arguments both for and against abortion. There are two methods of abortion: 1) The Suction Method: This is used for early abortions up to 12 weeks after conception. This is where a sectional like object is inserted and tears the baby limb by limb.... [tags: Christian Catholic Religion Abortion Papers]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- The Debate on Abortion Part A Abortion is the premature expulsion of the foetus from the womb. You need to perform an operation to perform this. Abortion is now legal if two doctors agree on either of the following: · That continuing the pregnancy means that there is a risk to the woman's health. Or that of her existing children greater than if the pregnancy was terminated, allowing up to 24 weeks of pregnancy · Or that continuing the pregnancy would involve severe damage to the woman's mental or physical health greater than if the pregnancy was terminated.... [tags: Papers]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- The Meaning of Abortion An abortion is the premature expulsion of a foetus from the uterus resulting the ending, or termination of a pregnancy before the baby is capable of surviving outside the mother's womb. It may happen naturally in which case it is called a miscarriage. However, if it is induced by an unnatural interference, it is called an abortion, or a termination. A miscarriage is often the result of stress on an expectant mother because she usually wants to have her baby and a miscarriage is not of her choosing; an abortion is normally carried out with the agreement of the woman.... [tags: Papers]
2280 words (6.5 pages)
- Abortion and Euthanasia Abortion is an operation carried out to remove the growing foetus from its Mothers womb so that it can be destroyed. In the UK abortion has been legal since 1967, when it was passed in parliament. The act says abortion is acceptable if the pregnancy is no longer than 24 weeks. The pregnancy involves the risks to the mental or physical health of the pregnant women or any existing children of the family. There are many points against abortion, these are: The unborn child is a separate human being.... [tags: Papers]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Abortion and Religion Procured abortion, the deliberate killing and removal of a foetus from the womb, is hotly debated and very controversial in today's society. As well as the views of some modern moral philosophers, the Christian view on this situation is to be discussed in this analysis. The Teaching of the Bible ========================= All Christians accept the Bible as a source of authority. The Bible has an impact on Christians' faith and decisions as it shows them how to lead their lives, as God wants them to.... [tags: Papers]
2305 words (6.6 pages)