I believe that abortion should be banned. I strongly feel that pregnant women who want to abort their child/fetus should not be allowed to. For one, should one person alone be allowed to control the fate of another? Technically, abortion is murder, since the baby is being killed purposely. Some say that in the early days or weeks of pregnancy (maybe even in the first couple months) the baby is in fact not alive; it is just a bunch of cells. However, the fetus is breathing, and obtaining nutrients from the mother before she even knows that she is pregnant. Within no time, the fetus also has human characteristics: a head, hands, legs, arms, feet, and a torso. Thus, abortion should be legalized only when murder becomes legal, because abortion is murder.
The advocates against abortion still say, what about the radical cases? If a single mother living in poverty is pregnant, and she cannot provide for her baby, should it still be born? If a child with a disability is to be born, should the parents be allowed to kill/abort the child out of pity? I...
... middle of paper ...
...would become irate if they knew that their child was aborted (killed) without their consent or knowing.
Thus, it is obvious that abortion should be banned and made illegal. Murder is a capital offense, so why should abortion, which is even worse, remain legal? Some people that are murdered deserve it, while many others who were killed lived immoral or corrupt lives. Why is it that an innocent child who has done nothing wrong should be denied the opportunity to live? Had Bill Gates been aborted, we may not have PC’s around the world. Had he been denied the right to live, the world may have been denied the privilege of having a computer in houses around the globe in addition to having Microsoft. Perhaps somebody who may have made the world better was aborted. Who knows? The main point is that abortion is murder, and no human has the right to decide who lives or dies.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why abortion. When thinking about abortion and reasons people do it, the first thing that probably comes to mind is that it is done because of age, being too young, having school to worry about first, finding ways to finish school, having a baby and not being able to afford it, and even just because the mother does not want to be a single parent and have to worry about all those things by herself. Abortion should be illegal because the reasons people abort are mainly just excuses, it can have serious long-term effects on women, or because of political and religious views.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Thought, Childbirth]
1708 words (4.9 pages)
- In 1821, Connecticut was the first state to criminalize abortion, banning abortion and inducing poison. Anti-abortion campaigns and other states joined the cause eventually, and by 1965 and the majority had made abortion illegal. Nevertheless, the federal government took action with a court case of Roe v. Wade (1973), which was a decision in favor of women’s right to choose whether to have an abortion during the first trimester of pregnancy for maternal health reasons.. The court decided to have a test to identify whether it was fine to have an abortion in the third trimester of a pregnancy.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Pro-choice]
1733 words (5 pages)
- Abortion Should Be Illegal The story of one woman’s battle with abortion: “Don 't do it. I know it 's hard.... I was first-time pregnant, single, fearful, 'alone ', no money… At the dr. appointment, 4 months along, I just couldn 't do it.... I went home and carried my baby full term… The wonder of holding my child for the first time was so beautiful… he became…my right-hand man and a leader in school, church, and in the community, and even to his younger siblings, 'til an auto accident took his life at 22...... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Abortion law, Roe v. Wade]
1828 words (5.2 pages)
- When most people think of babies they think of joy, happiness, laughter, and a wonderful life ahead. However, there is a portion of people who think otherwise, and usually have an abortion done on themselves, sometimes even more than once. An abortion is the termination of a human pregnancy usually done at about the first 24 weeks of being pregnant. A baby’s heart starts beating at just 18 days from conception (babycenter.com). Abortion should be illegal because taking a baby’s life away who has a living heart beat is murder, since killing a human is already illegal and considered murder then abortion should be as well.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Childbirth, Fetus]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Did you know that only ONE percent of women that get abortions are rape victims. Which means the other women who decides to get an abortion just wants to take the easy way out. People will say it is murder, others will object and say it is just a fetus. Millions of babies die everyday without even being born because of abortion. Abortion destroys the lives of helpless people all around the world and is legal in some countries. A Lot of people take advantage of abortion and chooses to abuse it and use it as a birth control method.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Birth control, Fertility]
2048 words (5.9 pages)
- Abortion has been accepted by the United States of America ever since the monumental Roe vs. Wade case in the early 1970’s, but is still a very controversial issue. Many people are for and against abortions. Some people say that the child inside its mother’s womb deserves the opportunity to live, while others believe that a mother has the right to choose whether or not her fetus can live or die. Other advocates for abortion claim that abortion helps keep the threat of overpopulation down. They also say that in many extreme cases, it is in the best interest of the mother and the child that the fetus be aborted.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Persuasive Essay]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Does having something that has a heartbeat being removed from your body okay. Or is it wrong to take a living part of you out. The questions on, if providing safe sex is good to talk about with children at the age of twelve a good idea or should this wait until they are of age. In that case when is the right age to speak about this. Much controversy has arisen with the organization known as Planned Parenthood. The organization has long promoted pro-choice stance on abortion. This has caused the group to conflict with pro-life supporters who believe abortion should be illegal.... [tags: planned parenthood, pro-life]
1525 words (4.4 pages)
- Many people are against abortions because it is immoral, however, many fetuses have gone through this horrible procedure. In the 14th amendment, it states that a woman has the right to determine whether or not to bear a child. Abortion isn’t the only answer to get rid of a “problem” that happened. People have to think that adoption is always an option for a couple or even a single mother. The fetus has human characteristics and is just like a human being. Somebody has to speak up for the fetus’s since they don’t have a voice or opinion in today’s society.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Childbirth, Human]
2246 words (6.4 pages)
- Abortion, which is defined as a deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, is one of the most controversial issues in society. Many people believe that abortion is unethical and morally wrong, while others believe that it is a woman’s right to decide what to do with her body. According to www.census.gov, “the number of abortions performed annually in the U.S. has leveled off at 1.2 million a year” (1). This statistic supports how many women are choosing abortion. Although abortion is legal in the United States, many people continue to voice their opinions on how it is a human rights violation and should be illegal everywhere.... [tags: American Society]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- Abortion should be Illegal The words of an unborn baby are ones that almost no one ever thinks of, or hears. One of this country's most controversial topics is abortion. However, if one sees the constitutional infringement to women by the restriction of abortion; the torment to the unwanted child; and the anguish society has to sustain, then this topic would not be so debatable. Too many people do not see the effect that abortions cause. It is a very dangerous offence that affects the mother, father, the community, and most importantly, the fetus, and that is why abortion should be illegal in Canada.... [tags: essays research papers]
359 words (1 pages)