Megan D. Price
Bluefield State College Composition 101
Most of society thinks abortion is horrible and disgusting. Many states have banned abortion, making it a law. People frown upon one’s choice to have an abortion but has never walked a mile in one’s shoes. A woman’s body should be one hundred percent her choice as do with as she pleases. Telling a woman she cannot have an abortion is absurd. As if society and higher authority doesn’t make our decisions already, you actually think it is necessary to force a women, to keep and raise a baby knowing she cannot provide? People talk harshly of those who have had abortions but yet talk harshly about those you haven’t had abortions and cannot take care of their children.
Keywords: Abortion, Society’s wants, your choice
Abortion should be a Woman’s Right
Abortion or termination of a pregnancy. Abortion has always and will continue to be controversial because of one’s religious beliefs and or the very thought of ending the life of a helpless human being seems to be a cruel, unforgiving, and an appalling crime to most people. My opinion on such sensitive matter is a woman should have total control of her own body, without the government or society dictating what she can and cannot do in a situation such as pregnancy. If the government has the power to forcibly make us conform to their wishes, the sky is the limit as to how much control they can have over us-making us undergo sterilization and using contraception. Abortion is only wrong to those who’ve never been in such petrifying situation. Reasons as to why abortion should be a woman’s choice follows.
Everyone should have equal advantages on terminating a pregnancy r...
... middle of paper ...
... is precious but each individual should have the right to decide for themselves without any intervention from the government or judgmental analysis from individuals who do not know you or your situation. You only have one life, this option should be your choice! I’d rather see an unfit or unstable mother have an abortion rather than give birth to an innocent precious child that will suffer for the rest of his or her life. A woman’s life is difficult enough, living in a man’s world. Forcing her to have a child she is unable to care for is only proving this statement.
Grant-Innis, G. (2012) Abortion Can Save a Woman’s Life-And Restrictions Can End It, nwlc.org
Lowen, L. Why Women Choose Abortion-Reasons behind the Abortion Decision, About.com
Watts, J. (2015). Pregnant 10-year-old rape victim denied Abortion by Paraguayan authorities . The guardian.com
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abortion presents a purpose of terminating one pregnancy that is done by removing the fetus from the uterus. The main debate about abortion has always been based on the matter whether the act itself should be banned or allowed at the opinion of each person. In each case there are ethical concerns that either sustain or judge abortion. As a surgical procedure, the abortion has been executed for thousands years and laws have been changing as the number of abortions has increased. The abortion in the United States went through several stages of changes going from completely legal to illegal in many states and being questioned national wide.... [tags: pregnency, regulations, fetus]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- The issue of abortion has always been a controversial one for citizens of the United States. Abortion is the practice of terminating a pregnancy after the embryo has been planted in the uterus (Abortion). An individual’s stance on this controversial issue categorizes them into one of two very different groups. An individual who feels that a woman should not have an abortion- due to moral or religious views- is said to be “pro-life”. Coincidently, those who feel that a woman should have the right to choose abortion are said to be “pro-choice”.... [tags: Legalized Abortion]
1835 words (5.2 pages)
- In today’s society there are many topics that are being debated on the daily basis including the topic of abortion. Abortion is such a controversial topic that it is included in the 2016 election campaign; which is giving presidential candidates the chance to determine the rights that women should have. Approximately 21% of all U.S. pregnancies end in abortion which is why some people are wondering is abortion the right thing to do since there are many abortions taking place each year. In January 1973 during the Wade V.... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Woman, Pregnancy]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- ABORTION How could humans continue to exist on Earth. Is it right for a woman to terminate a pregnancy. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by removing a fetus before it can survive. It is a sensitive and controversial topic that relates to moral dilemmas. People have negative views, positive views and also moderate views toward this issue. Despite many disagreements, the women are the most disadvantaged because they are the ones having to face the moral dilemmas, mental and physical challenges.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fertility, Birth control]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- Nobody can deny that our female ancestors lived a harder life than ours. Especially when thinking of all the pain they had to face with unwanted and unexpected pregnancy. They had to deal with it and move on with life which should make us women very proud of the female gender before the 21st century; however, it is not the same anymore, The World O Meter states that "every year in the world an estimated 40-50 million women faced with an unplanned pregnancy decide to have an abortion. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day" ("Abortions in the world - sources and methods").... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Maternal death]
1588 words (4.5 pages)
- Philosophy 102 AC June.8.2015 Abortion: should it be permissible or not. According to Finer LB and Zolna MR, half of the pregnancies among American women are not intended. Unfortunately, about forty percent of these pregnant women decide on abortion to terminate their babies.  Even though the U.S. abortion rate reached its lowest level in 2011, it is true that about twenty-one percent of all pregnancies end up in abortion.  Looking at these facts, you may understand the debate over abortion.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Human]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Abortion should be morally permissible, in most cases, because a woman’s right to her own body neutralizes the unfortunate circumstance of an aborted fetus. Abortion should only be impermissible if it is clear that a woman is getting multiple pregnancies and abortions without making an effort to use available contraceptives. A common argument against abortion is that killing someone is immoral. That is assuming that a fetus is a human being from the moment of conception. But can we really reach a clear consensus as to when a fetus actually becomes a person.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human, Fetus]
2217 words (6.3 pages)
- Abortion The U.S. Supreme Court declared abortion to be a “fundamental right” guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution in the 1973 abortion case of Roe versus Wade (www.abortionprocon.org). This ruling was based on the Constitution giving “a guarantee of certain areas or zones of pri-vacy,” and “This right to privacy… is broad enough to encompass a woman’s decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy” (www.law.justia.com). The U.S. abortion debate has raged on ever since this decision, making abortion a huge religious, political, and moral issue.... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade]
1990 words (5.7 pages)
- Abortion by definition means the way of ending pregnancy by removing fetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently. Abortion is an extremely debatable issue because while some people are completely against it, others believe that a woman should have the right to choose. Abortion decision is like killing own child or killing an innocent human life before coming out from uterus. I will explain how a human life is being destroyed, the process in which they destroy the fetus, and how to avoid this situation all together I believe that abortion is morally impermissible.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human, Childbirth]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- Approximately 1.21 million abortions are carried out a year, that is 3322 abortions a day, just in the United States. Abortions has taken an incredible toll on society. Over the years, abortion has dramatically increased and has been taken more lightly upon society, for some people abortion is just not big deal anymore. On the other hand, some people feel that abortion is evil and inhumane while others believe that the decision should be up to the mother. Abortion is a dreadful experience not only for the child but the mother.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Reproductive rights, Fetus]
2738 words (7.8 pages)