There are two major sides when it comes to the discussion of abortion, pro-choice and pro-life. Both of these sides of the issue have different opinions on many parts of abortion. The main difference in views of abortion is whether or not the fetus is “human” at the time of the abortion. Pro-Choice does not acknowledge abortion as murder because nearly all abortion take place when the fetus can not exist independent of the mother; however, on the pro-life side, they believe that life begins at the conception of the fetus (“10 Arguments: For and Against Abortion”). Therefore, on the pro-life side, abortion is considered murder. The one idea that both groups can agree on is that murder is wrong. The major issue is that neither side can agree at what time a fetus is considered a human being.
Giving birth is a very crucial time in a women 's life and can occasionally lead to a mothers death. In situations when child birth could led to death, wouldn 't most human beings want to save the mother instead of having the chan...
... middle of paper ...
... were to shut down all illegal abortions done in the United States, we could not be responsible for the abortions done in various different countries. If this were to happen we would run into the same situation as the illegal abortions done in our country. Pro-Life believes that if abortion were to be made illegal more people would be more responsible on the decision.
The sides of Pro-Life and Pro-Choice are very clear. Abortion is a very controversial subject and talked about by most of today’s society. There are many options for a mother when bringing in a child to the world but there are also very many options a mother has when wanting to terminate her pregnancy. Women should not be judged on their choice to either abort the pregnancy or keep the child and raise it. Society should be accepting of women and their choice for their life and how they want to live it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Issue of Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-life. The murder of innocents or, a woman’s right to choose; the Pro-Life/ Pro-Choice Debate, Which side are you on. The issue of abortion has been a topic of interest not only in the medical world but also in the political and religious worlds as well. The pro-life argument states that at conception the fetus is a baby and terminating it is taking a life. The pro-choice argument states that the unborn fetus, not baby, is just a blob of tissue and your terminating a pregnancy not a child.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Pro-choice, Fetus]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- All About Abortion “ Each year, nearly 1.2 million American women have an abortion to end a pregnancy.”(www.webmd.com) The personal and controversial topic that continue to be a debate in America. Abortion is one of the most controversial topics in today society. Many question should woman have the right to terminate her pregnancy, which is primarily known as abortion. Many argue that it is on humane to allow abortion, that abortion is almost like committing murder and not giving how the right to live.... [tags: Abortion, Pro-choice, Pregnancy, Childbirth]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- Abortion has been a controversial topic since it became legal. There are two groups that affiliate with abortion and it 's the pro-choice and pro-life. A couple arguments that are made with pro-choice is that it is the woman 's body and it is their choice to what they want done to their body. For pro-choice another argument they have is that a fetuses life doesn 't start until after the baby is born and can survive on their own. There are many other arguments made with pro-choice as well. As pro-life, many of their arguments are if a woman falls pregnant, they should live with the decision they made when they had sex and they should take full responsibility for it.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Birth control, Fetus]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- Abortion is a very controversial subject that causes many people to acquire strong opinions. Numerous people are either for or against it and there are some who are in between. The question “are you pro-life or pro-choice?” always seems to come up around election time. All the candidates state their opinion on the subject and that seems to bring life back into the question. Not to say that there aren’t any organizations that try to either support or dissuade people from abortion day to day, but it is mainly brought up due to politics.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Pro-choice, Word]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- In our society today, we are surrounded by various controversial issues. One such topic that has aroused much debate is abortion. People all over the world have begun to question the legality of it. You can take one of two stances on abortion: pro-life, or pro-choice. Those who favor pro-life refuse to support the idea of induced abortion and strongly feel that it should be illegal. In fact, they consider it murder. Those who favor pro-choice believe that abortion should remain legal for a number of reasons (Alters, 5).... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Abortion debate, Human rights]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- Each year there is 44 million abortions in the world. Abortion first happened in the 1800s in Western Europe, it has been around in every corner of the world for the past years. Abortion became a “thing” to prevent suffering of the mother and her future child. After the 1800’s that 's when many people began to think of abortion as cruel and inhumane. After making abortion legal in the United States it became one of the most controversial issues ever. Due to abortion being one of the most controversial topics ever it has caused disagreements with the pro-life and pro-choice supporters.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Childbirth]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Many people are familiar with the term abortion and its popular controversy in society today. Anyone who is familiar with the term should also be familiar with the two groups that form the controversy of abortion: pro-life and pro-choice. The article I chose is written by Terry O’Neill and is titled, “Legal Abortion Can Be a Lifeline”. The article was published on January 22, 2013, to U.S. News. It argues that abortion saves lives rather than taking them. O’Neill’s claim “abortion is a lifeline” rests upon the questionable assumption that a baby inside a womb is not considered life.... [tags: Roe v. Wade, Abortion]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- Abortion is an issue which separates the American public, especially when it involves the death of children and women. When an abortion occurs, the medical doctor removes the fetus from the pregnant woman. This particular act has separated the public. Many believe that abortion is not morally and ethically correct. On the other hand, some people believe that carrying and delivering the unborn child will hinder the safety of the mother, then an abortion is needed. Each view has its own merit in the debate.... [tags: morality, ethics, criminal abortion laws]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Abortion has been a big controversial topic not only in American but also all over the world. Many people struggle with what is right. Abortion comes down to the fact of if you believe life starts when a woman gets pregnant or if you believe life begins when the baby is born. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to abortion. People that typically believe that life starts after the egg gets fertilized are pro-life while people who believe life starts when the baby is born is pro-choice.... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Roe v. Wade]
1670 words (4.8 pages)
- Abortion. The trivial aspect of abortion is a depiction of pro-life vs. pro-choice. If we view the word itself its description states that it is “a medical procedure used to end a pregnancy and cause the death of the fetus”. Many argue that the embryo is not considered living. With recent studies through the latest statistics review during 2012 approximately “699,202 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2012 was 13.2 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 210 abortions per 1,000 live births”.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Murder, Human rights]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- What Makes A Good Horse Power And Resistance?
- The Current Education System Of Measuring Student Performance Through Standardized Tests And Grades
- Using The Diagnostic And Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders ( Dsm )
- Plato 's Dialogues On The Trial And Death Of Socrates
- Genetic Engineering And A Natural Selection
- The Heart Of Heart Health