Many do not understand the abortion in today 's society. Dozens of human lives are being thrown away. Abortion is wrong because fetuses feel pain, life begins at conception, Abortion is murder, Abortions reduce the number of and adoptable babies, and Selective abortion based on genetic abnormalities is discrimination.
Abortion is a tricky subject because there is really no middle ground, a person is for abortion, pro-choice, or against abortion, pro life, to fully understand abortion you have to know some of the statistics and background. Abortion is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. An abortion is carried out by a trained medical physician and then the body parts of the unborn dead are sent to a pathologist. Pathology is a branch of medical science primarily concerning the examination of organs, tissues, and bodily fluids in order to make a diagnosis of disease. After the body parts have served their purpose they are discarded.
Abortion peaked in 1990. With the highest number of abortions taking place in California. 21% of pregnancies end in an abortion. Three of ten women will have an abortion before 45, With 51% of U.S. women obtaining abortions are younger than 25 and women with Medicaid are Three times more likely to have a abortion. Unmarried women account for 85% of abortions and 9.3% of women who had an abortion have had 3 or more abortions. By these statistics you can not only say that abortion is a problem, but it needs to be stopped.
Abortion is murder. Killing another human being is not right, even if that human has not even been born yet. The united states government considers unborn babies as human beings. According to the Unborn Vi...
... middle of paper ...
...d not want to set the child up for adoption the mother could raise the child. A new born baby should not be responsible for the actions of his father. with this being said women that have been raped only make up for under 1% of all of the 1.4 million abortions that happen every year ("U.S Abortion Statistics").
Abortion has to stedfast sides with no middle ground. The killing of another human being is wrong no matter the age. When a human egg is fertilized it is considered a human being. A fetus 's feels everything that happens to it in the womb. God conseders the unborn to be as alive as anything else. Abortion takes away from the couples that can not have babies of their own. killing an unborn baby because of abnormalities is discrimination. Abortion is not a viable means for population control. Also abortion because of rape is wrong to cause an innocent baby harm.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Issue of Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-life. The murder of innocents or, a woman’s right to choose; the Pro-Life/ Pro-Choice Debate, Which side are you on. The issue of abortion has been a topic of interest not only in the medical world but also in the political and religious worlds as well. The pro-life argument states that at conception the fetus is a baby and terminating it is taking a life. The pro-choice argument states that the unborn fetus, not baby, is just a blob of tissue and your terminating a pregnancy not a child.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Pro-choice, Fetus]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- All About Abortion “ Each year, nearly 1.2 million American women have an abortion to end a pregnancy.”(www.webmd.com) The personal and controversial topic that continue to be a debate in America. Abortion is one of the most controversial topics in today society. Many question should woman have the right to terminate her pregnancy, which is primarily known as abortion. Many argue that it is on humane to allow abortion, that abortion is almost like committing murder and not giving how the right to live.... [tags: Abortion, Pro-choice, Pregnancy, Childbirth]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- Anderson brings up point after point to support his opinion on pro-choice abortion. Anderson writes about how the government should have no say in a woman’s decision to abort even if she is past the first trimester: “Pregnancy and motherhood affect every aspect of a woman’s life - public and private, emotional and physical - and Roe v. Wade confirmed that it was an invasion of privacy for the government to step in and make reproductive decisions on a woman’s behalf” (Anderson, 2015). Anderson explains how he believes a woman who decides to have an abortion does it because it will negatively affect their life in a way that will be changed forever.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Pro-choice, Fetus]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- When it comes to abortion, what are your thoughts and beliefs. Each person’s response will fall under one of the three categories: pro-life, pro-choice, and pro-abortion. Mine however, falls under pro-choice. The simple definition of pro-choice is, believing that pregnant women should have the right to choose to have an abortion. You might be wondering why I am pro-choice and the reason is because I believe that a woman should be able to do what she wants with her body. Now, with that being said there is multiple reasons why a woman may consider abortion.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Abortion debate, Pro-choice]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- Abortion is a very controversial subject that causes many people to acquire strong opinions. Numerous people are either for or against it and there are some who are in between. The question “are you pro-life or pro-choice?” always seems to come up around election time. All the candidates state their opinion on the subject and that seems to bring life back into the question. Not to say that there aren’t any organizations that try to either support or dissuade people from abortion day to day, but it is mainly brought up due to politics.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Pro-choice, Word]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- In the United States, about 1.2 million abortions are conducted each year for many different reasons (no). These reasons for abortion cases include rape or incest, inconvenience, health problems to either the infant or the mother, and being finically unstable. But, do these reasons justify the right or wrongness of abortions. The utilitarianism theory states that under certain circumstances that it is morally justified to have an abortion; the circumstances have to produce the overall greatest happiness for the most amount of people.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Utilitarianism]
1797 words (5.1 pages)
- The topic of abortion is so important that candidates that run for president have to select between being pro-life or pro-choice. Abortion is when a women choose to terminate the fetus that is inside of her before 6 months of her pregnancy. This operation is usually performed by a doctor that can handle the procedure. Abortion has been around for a long time that you would think by now that everybody would have the same opinion on it. It was not until the 20th century that American states decided to banned abortion; it 's thanks to Roe V.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Morality]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- Abortion Many do not understand the abortion in today 's society. Dozens of human lives are being thrown away. Abortion is wrong because fetuses feel pain, life begins at conception, Abortion is murder, Abortions reduce the number of and adoptable babies, and Selective abortion based on genetic abnormalities is discrimination. Abortion is a tricky subject because there is really no middle ground, a person is for abortion, pro-choice, or against abortion, pro life, to fully understand abortion you have to know some of the statistics and background.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Childbirth]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- When you tell a toddler that they cannot have a cookie, even though they initially did not care about whether the toddler could consume the cookie, suddenly they cannot stop thinking about that cookie they can no longer have. This is a natural human response occurs in adults as well as children. So as you would expect, although 47% of women have declared themselves pro-choice (Saad "Americans Misjudge U.S. Abortion Views"), according to a study of average abortion rates in 2011, only 1.7% of women aged 15–44 had an abortion (Jones and Jerman "Abortion Incidence and Service Availability In the United States, 2011").... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Roe v. Wade]
2312 words (6.6 pages)
- Abortion is one of the most controversial topic in the United States at the moment. Abortion is defined as the deliberate termination of a pregnancy, usually before the embryo or fetus is capable of independent life. Pro-life supporters believe that abortion is murder and No one should be able to decide whether who lives or dies. While pro- choice supporters believe that a woman has the choice on whether she want to give birth or not .If a woman is rape; a pro-life supporter believes that abortion is wrong with no exceptions including rape or if the mother’s life is endangered: the child’s right to life outweighs the mother’s right to her body.... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade, Pregnancy, Human rights]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- Analysis Of John Steinbeck 's ' The Most Important Things Of Life Are Work And Women '
- The Things They Carried By Tim O ' Brien
- The Effects Of Drug Related Criminal Activity On Society
- Happiness Can Be Defined, Studied And Measured
- The Debate Over Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- All War Against Germany Myth Memory And The Distortions Of Hindsight