Abortion is one of the most controversial issues in the United States. I feel that the pro-life side of this argument needs to be addressed and further explained. There are some babies that die by chance , but they should never die because of someone's else choice. All of us alive today could have been an aborted baby and never been given the chance to live life. But luckily for us, our mothers chose life.
The definition of abortion according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary is the deliberate termination of human pregnancy. Abortion has been used for centuries to terminate unwanted pregnancies. Before 1973, abortion was illegal in the United States. In the court case Roe v. Wade, the U.S. Supreme Court decided to legalize abortion. The legalization of abortion cause a new set of problem, America was split into two groups, pro-life and pro-choice. The pro-life group believes that a fetus has human rights and abortion violates them. The pro-choice group believes that the decision of whether or not to abort should be left to the pregnant woman.
In the case of Roe v. Wade, Jane Roe challenged Texas law on banned abortions because she was pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Henry Wade was the District Attorney for Texas. A panel of judges decided that the law violated Ms. Roe's rights, but did not change the law for all pregnant women. The Supreme Court came to a decision, that concluded; during the first trimester, a abortion was permitted without any interference with the sate. During the second trimester, a state could regulate them for safety but could not prohibit abortion. Norma McCorvey, which was Jane Roe has now had a change of heart. She went from being pro-choice to being pro-life.
According to the Center...
... middle of paper ...
...ave children. But I feel differently now, I honestly feel like it's the worst mistake I ever made in my life. Regardless of the situation we were in, it wasn't the baby's fault. It was the most traumatic experience ever and the aftermath of it was even worse. I had to deal with low self-esteem, grief, depression, guilt, shame, isolation, nightmares, sleep disorders, flashbacks of the abortions, physical pain and difficulties in subsequent pregnancies. I lost a child and it was my choice. I wish I was never given the option to have an abortion. Till this day I am still dealing with repercussions of the decision I made of killing my own baby.
In conclusion, I believe abortion should be restricted in the United States because it is ultimately murdering a beating heart. Help save the innocent cries of these babies by choosing to be pro-life and not pro-abortion.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The topic of abortion is an extremely controversial issue in today's society, there are many separate views on the morality of it. Abortion is defined as the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy (“Abortion”). In other words, it is the murder of an unborn child. Throughout the past there has been several court cases related to abortion, in attempt to resolve the debate. For example, Roe v. Wade declared that unborn children are neither ‘persons’ nor are they entitled to the same constitutional protection as born children (“Roe V.... [tags: Abortion Pro Life Essays]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Abortion is one of the most controversial issues in the United States. I feel that the pro-life side of this argument needs to be addressed and further explained. There are some babies that die by chance , but they should never die because of someone's else choice. All of us alive today could have been an aborted baby and never been given the chance to live life. But luckily for us, our mothers chose life. The definition of abortion according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary is the deliberate termination of human pregnancy.... [tags: Anti Abortion Essay]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- An innocent child is killed because the mother is not prepared for a baby at that time in her life. Is it right for her to terminate her pregnancy because she doesn't want to raise a child. Abortion should be banned because too many babies are being killed from abortion, baby’s have been reported to survive abortions, and if you don't want a child or you don’t feel you could raise it you could always put it up for adoption. Some people believe that when an abortion is performed that the baby is not developed, or as some say, “a bunch of cells”, but the truth is that before a women even knows she is pregnant, about four days missed cycle, that a baby already has a beating heart at 18 days.... [tags: Abortion Pro Life Essays]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- ... It causes suffering and the act of killing is generally terribly painful. Not only does it put the victim in grief, but it also greatly impacts the victim’s family, friends, and loved ones. Mostly everyone believes that deliberately taking someone’s life is simply wrong. No religion permits one to kill a human being for any reason whatsoever. No human has the power and the right to take another person’s life. Murder is usually done for selfish reasons, such as for money or for property. Moreover, murder is done without the consent of the person.... [tags: debate, society, killing, unethical]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy. It has been going on for many centuries. No one knows when the first abortion was because many of them were never documented. Approximately half of the women in the United States have had at least one pregnancy that they aborted (“Abortion In”). In the 1820s there were laws forbidding abortion after fourth month of pregnancy. Many feminist, such as Susan B. Anthony are against abortion. Susan B. Anthony was an American civil rights leader in the 19th century (“Susan B.... [tags: The Right to Life, Pro-Life Essays]
1411 words (4 pages)
- Today’s society is made up of such an abundant number of controversial issues. One of the most controversial issues being abortion- the act of intentionally termination a pregnancy resulting in the death of the fetus (Kreider, A. personal communication, March 24, 2011). Abortion is both constitutionally and morally wrong, and should be illegal in the United States in all but two cases: if the mother was raped (and pregnancy was as a result of the rape) or if the mother’s life would be put in endangerment by the pregnancy.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Pro-life]
2743 words (7.8 pages)
- The battle over abortion began with the case of Roe versus Wade on January 22, 1973. This conflict has quickly become one of the most predominant matters of society. By analyzing philosophical theories, biological facts, and psychological affects of abortion, one is able to conclude that abortion is murder. Through education and awareness programs, abortion can be acknowledged as immoral and unethical, thus preventing such crimes from being committed. This process of education starts with the recent history of the battle over abortion in our country.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Persuasive Essay]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- In this paper I plan on showing you my point of view as well as the opposite point of view using a point by point basis. Each paragraph will be a statement from the opposite point of view and then my rebuttal. The pro-choice side of this argument says that abortion should be kept legal for cases in which the baby’s birth endangers the life of the mother. This is an argument that is basically trying to create sympathy among uneducated voters to try to woo them to the pro-choice side of the argument and to elect pro-choice politicians.... [tags: Abortion, argumentative, persuasive]
507 words (1.4 pages)
- Partial Birth Abortion is Murder Partial birth abortion is a controversial method of abortion late in a woman’s pregnancy in which the baby is aborted by a craniotomy. Two organizations are commonly affiliated with abortion: Pro-choice supports abortion saying that what is in a woman’s body is her “property”, while Pro-life believes it is murder of innocent babies. Partial birth abortion is murder of innocent children and an abomination to basic human rights and values. Thesis Statement: Partial birth abortion is murder of innocent babies and an abomination to basic human rights and values.... [tags: Argument Argumentative Persuasive Abortion Essays]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- Abortion is Not Murder Is abortion murder? Murder is defined as "illegal killing with malice aforethought." Abortion fails this definition for two reasons. First, abortion is not illegal, and second, there is no evidence to suggest that expecting mothers feel malice towards their own flesh and blood. Not all killing is murder, of course. Murder is actually a small subset of all killing, which includes accidental homicide, killing in self-defense, suicide, euthanasia, etc. When pro-life activists call abortion "murder," they are suggesting that abortion fits the definition of murder, namely, "illegal killing with malice aforethought." However, abortion fails this definition for two reaso... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
1201 words (3.4 pages)