First, abortion is a rejection of personal responsisibility. Women kill infant children mostly because they don’t want them. A 2004 study presented by the Guttmacher Institute shows that seventy four percent of the women cited the reasons of having a child would interfere with a woman’s education, work or ability to care for dependents. Seventy three percent of the women say that she could not afford a baby now, and fourty eight percent of them cited that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems, and only less then one percent of women who get abortions is because of rape. We can tell from the study that most of the abortions take place because a child would be inconvenient and cost too much money. Finer, an associate director for domestic research, did a study on reason women have an abortion, and found out that younger women often report that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents (Finer). This implies another main reason for women to give for having an abortion is bad timing, when they are pregna...
... middle of paper ...
... life. Besides, adoption also profits the mother by giving them time to prepare for starting a family, and giving them time to prepare for being a mother. Studies shows that Women who choose adoption are more likely to finish school, and are less likely to live in poverty. Adoption allows the birth mother to fulfill their goals, while ensuring the mothers that their children will be raised in a safe and warm environment.
Although abortion is considered as a women’s right, it should be illegal because the procedure is simply murder, has many side effects, and there is other alternative to replace. Life is so valuable and precious, there is so much to learn, experience and grow from. Destoying and killing an innocent life of an unborn baby cuts off a future life which is not acceptable and justifiable. Babies deserve to be born. Abortion should be illegal.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mrs. Smith is faced with the decision on whether or not to have an abortion. She has already two kids of her own and is struggling to make ends meet. Mrs. Smith does not know why she is once again pregnant when she has been using contraception consistently. At the end, she makes the conscious decision of having the abortion. Is her abortion morally justified. The view of abortion simply depends on the person’s point of view on life. The philosopher Don Marquis, argues that abortion is morally wrong because we will then be depriving a fetus of a future life while Judith Jarvis Thomson argues that having an abortion is morally justified because Mrs.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Embryo]
1718 words (4.9 pages)
- In Dan Marquis’ article, “Why Abortion is Immoral”, he argues that aborting a fetus is like killing a human being already been born and it deprives them of their future. Marquis leaves out the possible exceptions of abortion that includes: a threat to the mom’s life, contraceptives, and pregnancy by rape. First, I will explain Marquis’ pro-life argument in detail about his statements of why abortion is morally wrong. Like in many societies, killing an innocent human being is considered morally wrong just like in the United States.... [tags: Abortion, Morality, Pregnancy, Human]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Gonzales V. Carhart “Since human beings are valuable in the way that qualifies them as having a right to life in virtue of what they are, it follows that they have that right, whatever it entails, from the point at which they come into being--and that point (as shown in our first Section) is at conception” (Lee and George 82). The authors of The Wrong Abortion make a clear stance on the issue of abortion, and they make it very clear that abortion is morally wrong and that it strips humans of their birth given rights.... [tags: Roe v. Wade, Abortion]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- What is abortion. When does life begin. These are just some of the controversial questions being asked in the United States today. Abortion is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy. It is the medical procedure used to end a pregnancy and causes the death of the growing fetus. While abortion should be the most urgent practice to put an end to, it is far from that. Since the Roe v. Wade case in 1973, abortion has been legal in the United States. Since when did creating laws, regulate the killing of innocent children.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Utilitarianism, Birth control]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Considering American ethics and values, death is morally wrong. Therefore, Induced abortions should be morally wrong as well. In 2011, 730,322 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate was 13.9 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years and the abortion ratio was 219 abortions per 1,000 live births (CDC, 2011). Abortion is ethically wrong, and laws prohibiting abortion help to keep people from playing God for selfish reasons. In some locations, abortion was once treated as a crime because it was seen as murder of a human life (Credo, 2010).... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Obstetrics]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- The word abortion by definition means the deliberate termination of a pregnancy usually before the embryo and fetus is capable of independent life. Abortion, universally regarded as a bone of contention, is a controversial issue, while some people think abortion is immoral, other believe women should have legal right to elective abortion. In my opinion, abortion should be illegal because it is ethically and morally wrong. Although abortion is an efficient way for unready mothers to change their lives, abortion is morally and ethnically wrong because it is murdering an unborn child who has the right to live.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Abortion The definition of abortion is the termination of pregnancy and expulsion of an embryo, or of a fetus that is incapable of survival. There has been controversy about abortion for years. Some people believe that abortion is morally and ethically wrong. Others feel that they should have the right to decide about their own situations. People have always had their own personal beliefs. Different beliefs about abortion could be related to not only personal beliefs, but their own religious beliefs.... [tags: Roe v. Wade, Abortion, Pro-choice, Human rights]
1492 words (4.3 pages)
- Abortion is the ending of pregnancy before birth and is morally wrong. An abortion results in the death of an embryo or a fetus. Abortion destroys the lives of helpless, innocent children and is illegal in many countries. By aborting these unborn infants, humans are hurting themselves; they are not allowing themselves to meet these new identities and unique personalities. Abortion is very simply wrong. Everyone is raised knowing the difference between right and wrong. Murder is wrong, so why is not abortion.... [tags: Abortion Essays]
1751 words (5 pages)
- Abortion is Morally Wrong Abortion, the termination of pregnancy before the fetus is capable of independent life, can either be spontaneous or induced. It is called "the knowing destruction of the life of an unborn child." (Mass General Laws Chapter 112 Section 12K) When abortion occurs spontaneously, it is called a miscarriage. However, when the loss of a fetus is caused intentionally, it is regarded as a moral issue. Abortion destroys the lives of helpless, innocent children and is illegal in many countries.... [tags: Pro Life Pro-Life]
2161 words (6.2 pages)
- In my argumentative coursework I am arguing that abortion is wrong and not to be mistaken with 'Abortion should be made illegal.' I will explain later why I have made this statement. Abortion is the termination of an unborn child in its mother's womb for up to twenty four weeks of the pregnancy or in special circumstances e.g. Disability diagnosis a termination right up until the mother goes in to labour. I think the above definition is an easier and less harsh way of saying that abortion is the murdering of a human being.... [tags: Argumentative Essays]
1065 words (3 pages)