First and foremost, the practice of abortion is unethical by any standard. Abortion violates all I stand for as a Christian. Isaiah 49:1 warns, “Listen to me, o islands, and pay attention, you people from afar, the LORD called me from the womb. From the body of my mother he names me.” Also, Jeremiah 1:5 states, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you, I have appointed you a profit to the nations.” Those two verses mention that God has a plan for everyone to be born. Who is worthy enough to temper with our creators plans? “The death of the innocent should always be the result of ‘natural causes,’” (Judie, Evangelist). GOD should decide who lives or dies.
Other than abortion being unethical, abortion extinguishes human rights. At the moment of conception, that person exists. Although other people believe that life begins at birth there for when a person begins to breathe and function on his/her own we are a person. Understand that we don’t magically come from anywhere; we must grow and mature, enough to survive on our own. This doesn’t mean that we are still a part of another person. This idea can be re...
... middle of paper ...
...Context. Web. 14 Feb. 2014.
Center for Reproductive Rights. "Women Have the Right to Abortion." Safe and Legal Abortion Is a Woman's Human Right. New York, NY: Center for Reproductive Rights, 2004. Rpt. in Feminism. Ed. Christina Fisanick. Detroit: Greenhaven Press, 2008. Opposing Viewpoints. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 19 Feb. 2014.
Hunt, Meredith Eugene. "Abortion Is a Form of Genocide." Abortion. Ed. Tamara L. Roleff. San Diego: Greenhaven Press, 1997. Opposing Viewpoints. Rpt. from "Abortion Is Genocide by Definition." Sidelines (27 Sept. 2007). Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 14 Feb. 2014.
Isaiah. 49:5. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.
Jeremiah. 1:5. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.
"Pro-life Physicians." Www.prolifephysicains.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Feb. 2014.
Seuss, Dr. Horton Hears a Who ! N.p.: Random House for Young Readers, October 10th 1990. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- "Simple morality dictates that unless and until someone can prove the unborn human is not alive, we must give it the benefit of the doubt and assume it is (alive). And, thus, it should be entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." (Reagan, 1982) Abortion has been the biggest controversy of all time. Many people believe that it is morally okay and not murder just because it is legal. Individuals never think about how it would make them feel if someone took away their ability to live, grow, and become someone.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Human, Childbirth]
2495 words (7.1 pages)
- Abortion Many do not understand the abortion in today 's society. Dozens of human lives are being thrown away. Abortion is wrong because fetuses feel pain, life begins at conception, Abortion is murder, Abortions reduce the number of and adoptable babies, and Selective abortion based on genetic abnormalities is discrimination. Abortion is a tricky subject because there is really no middle ground, a person is for abortion, pro-choice, or against abortion, pro life, to fully understand abortion you have to know some of the statistics and background.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Childbirth]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- The word abortion by definition means the deliberate termination of a pregnancy usually before the embryo and fetus is capable of independent life. Abortion, universally regarded as a bone of contention, is a controversial issue, while some people think abortion is immoral, other believe women should have legal right to elective abortion. In my opinion, abortion should be illegal because it is ethically and morally wrong. Although abortion is an efficient way for unready mothers to change their lives, abortion is morally and ethnically wrong because it is murdering an unborn child who has the right to live.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Abortion is when a woman purposely terminates her pregnancy, normally before the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. Abortion is a disgusting solution to a mistake irresponsible people make. Abortion is widely commercialized as an easy get-away from an unwanted pregnancy, but abortion is something you will have to live with on your conscience your whole entire life. Society will judge you and protest against you. Abortion is wrong in many viewpoints such as, religiously, legally, and medically. The bible strictly states: “Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.”(Psalm 127:3).... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Paternal rights and abortion]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- The topic of abortion is an extremely controversial issue in today's society, there are many separate views on the morality of it. Abortion is defined as the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy (“Abortion”). In other words, it is the murder of an unborn child. Throughout the past there has been several court cases related to abortion, in attempt to resolve the debate. For example, Roe v. Wade declared that unborn children are neither ‘persons’ nor are they entitled to the same constitutional protection as born children (“Roe V.... [tags: Abortion Pro Life Essays]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- First of all, abortion is the murder of an innocent, unborn child. Pro-choice people will argue that a fetus is dependent on its mother and cannot survive alone; they contest that because a fetus lacks properties of a human being such as reason, consciousness, and self-awareness, they are not human and therefore it is just to “terminate” them (Jones). This wicked and corrupt thought process could not be more wrong. Much of the murder debate revolves around when life actually starts. Conservatives that are pro-life argue that life begins at conception, while pro-choice liberals argue it does not start until actual birth, when they consider the child to be “viable.” Jerome Lejeune is a French... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human, Fetus]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- When one hears the word abortion, what comes to his mind. Does he think of pro-choice or pro-life. Do people really think it is okay to end a baby’s beating heart. Perhaps if more people knew the process of abortion, they would choose not to support the procedure. The steps of the abortion process are rather disturbing. There are four types of abortion: a first trimester/chemical abortion, a first trimester surgical abortion, a second trimester surgical abortion and a third trimester induced abortion.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Childbirth, Fetus]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- There are so many different viewpoints on abortion, it isn’t even funny. Someone could say that abortion is morally acceptable because a woman was raped or the pregnancy could interfere with her health. Other people might say that it is murder and immorally unacceptable because the child obviously does not have a say in the abortion. The problem with abortions is that there is no real conclusion to the problem, whether it is legal or illegal. And this argument is only getting worse and worse. Let us say a woman really wanted to have a child but then finds out that her health is in jeopardy, then unless the mother wants to try and cheat death with her own life, then the abortion would be m... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Murder, Human]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Abortion has been a method since at least ancient history. Abortion is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 22 weeks of pregnancy. There are multiple ways a woman can have an abortion, however the one most commonly used is the suction abortion. The suction dismembers the baby while sucking their body parts through a tube. I feel strongly that abortion should be illegal because it can result in medical complications, psychological trauma, the fetus can feel pain, and abortion is murder.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Brain]
703 words (2 pages)
- Abortion Abortion is one of the most controversial topics of all times. It has caused countless deaths and several violent confrontations between the two separate parties of opinion. The fight between pro-life and pro-choice supporters has been long and brutal. This is because, despite what several people may believe, abortion is neither right nor wrong. It is the matter of a personal opinion, where, each side can say with certainty that the other one is wrong. The question remains, should abortion be legal.... [tags: Abortion Pro Choice Argumentative]
1897 words (5.4 pages)