An abortion is the deliberate ending of a child 's life. The operation is usually performed within the first twenty-eight weeks of a woman 's pregnancy. Democrats strongly support a woman 's right to chose to abort a child during the first trimester. During the second and third trimesters they feel that the child should not be allowed to be aborted . The state can enact abortion regulations reasonably related to maternal health during the second trimester, also the state can pass abortion laws during the third trimester. The Democratic party supported Norma Mccorvey in Roe vs Wade. Norma Mccorvey claimed that Texas’s laws against most abortions was against her constitutional rights, and at the time the only abortions allowed in texas were the ones that were necessary to save the life of the mother. Democrats also support making birth control and abortions affordable to all women. they also want to support women who cannot support a baby to the due date. They believe that every pregnant women should have access to affordable health care programs, and adoption programs. They hope to do this by repairing the prescription drug program and investing in stem cell and other medical research. Democrats also believe in investing in life saving medical research that offers real hope for cures and treatment for millions of Americans. Stem cell research can vary from a lot of different things such as such Lear...
... middle of paper ...
...ered many different things about the party that i chose, their are a few things that i agree with and that i disagree with. I do not agree with my party 's stance on abortion i believe every child of fetus if you would has the right to life, God makes no mistakes. I do agree with my party 's stance on taxes they should lower taxes for the poor man and raise taxes for the rich. I agree with my party 's stance on immigration laws and penalties we should have more strict consequences for those who come here illegally and those who helped them get over here. I do not agree with my party 's stance on military spending i believe we should have a peacetime military, well i do agree with them on bettering living and health insurance and pay for our military personal. I definitely agree with gun control but not taking away the guns from our citizens to leave them defenceless.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In this paper I will cover the topics that that democrats believe and are talking about in the presidential election such as abortion, taxes, immigration, military spending, and gun control. I will cover the these topics to inform you on what democrats believe and what they 'll be fighting and pushing for during the coming up election. An abortion is the deliberate ending of a child 's life. The operation is usually performed within the first twenty-eight weeks of a woman 's pregnancy. Democrats strongly support a woman 's right to chose to abort a child during the first trimester.... [tags: Barack Obama, Democratic Party, George W. Bush]
1508 words (4.3 pages)
- When one hears the word abortion, what comes to his mind. Does he think of pro-choice or pro-life. Do people really think it is okay to end a baby’s beating heart. Perhaps if more people knew the process of abortion, they would choose not to support the procedure. The steps of the abortion process are rather disturbing. There are four types of abortion: a first trimester/chemical abortion, a first trimester surgical abortion, a second trimester surgical abortion and a third trimester induced abortion.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Childbirth, Fetus]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- Of all the legal, ethical, and moral issues we Americans continuously fight for or against, abortion may very well be the issue that Americans are most passionate about. The abortion issue is in the forefront of political races. Most recently the “no taxpayer funding for abortion act”, has abortion advocates reeling. Even though abortion has been legal in every state in the United States since the monumental Supreme Court decision, “Roe v Wade”, on January 22, 1973; there are fewer physicians willing to perform abortions today than in 2008.... [tags: Abortion]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- Next, I asked my mother to explain to me if she had any difficulties during the trimesters. She answered and said that the first trimester was pretty good. The embryo was developing at a normal rate. The heart beating was normal and she did not have any complications. Nevertheless during the second and third trimesters my mom began to have complications that were not only affecting herself but also her baby. To start off in the second trimester at thirteen weeks she began to notice that she was losing a lot of liquid inside her body.... [tags: Pregnancy, Childbirth, Fetus, Uterus]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Abortion The debate of abortion is a large controversial topic around the world. In America, it is an even bigger social issue, when laws vary from state to state. Also there are different types of abortion which are argued in a multitude of ways. Another main problem is the economic issues which involve things such as insurance, and the type of people who receive the procedures. Although all abortion comes down to is the argument between people who believe in pro-life, and people who believe in pro-choice.... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade, Pregnancy, Human rights]
1751 words (5 pages)
- “If we accept that a mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill each other. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, rather, to use violence to get what they want” -- Mother Theresa If the people who have worked on finding a cure for cancer had been aborted, where would the world be at today.... [tags: Abortion Essays]
1567 words (4.5 pages)
- For centuries society has placed their own opinions on the topic of abortion. Some claim to be Pro Choice, and believe that the decision should lie only in the hands of the woman carrying the child. Others are Pro Life, and say that abortion is unethical and is considered as a form of homicide. All depending on one’s human dignity, the argument differs. Human dignity is the sense of self-worth and self-respect that one inhabits. With this being said, the way one feels about themselves as a human-being, as well as other human-beings, has an effect on one’s outlook on abortion.... [tags: Argument Against Abortion]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- The argument that has torn the nation apart for ages is abortion. Each individual needs to take the time out to research every aspect of the ideals behind abortion. The two main sides to abortion are pro-choice and pro-life. Both sides make strong arguments to support their side. The main question behind abortion is whether the act is murder of an unborn child or the right of the mother to choose what happens to her body. A lot of research is needed before an individual can make a rational decision about what side of the abortion issue they take.... [tags: Pregnancy Ethics Essays]
2525 words (7.2 pages)
- Abortion A young women who just recently married at the age of 24 is six months along in her pregnancy. By her eighth month, she has came across complications. Within one week, they continue to get progressively worse. She is eventually rushed to the hospital. There her symptoms are studied by medical professionals. She soon is told that her complications are so severe that they might cost her her life. She is now faced with a choice. A medical dilemma of saving her life with the use of an abortion, or the moral dilemma of saving her childs life.... [tags: Abortion]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- The subject of teenage abortion, is an emotionally charged one. The two major groups are completely opposite in their beliefs. Rather than discuss the emotional views of those groups, I have chosen to research, write, and conclude based on factual material, concerning teenage abortion. A discussion of abortion as a definition is explained medically, and in a small part the emotional effects on the participant. I have chosen to report in a factual not an emotional manner. The direct definition of abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by loss or destruction of the fetus before birth.... [tags: Abortion Essays Research Papers]
1143 words (3.3 pages)