Landon Carter is a typical high school senior who’s always behaved himself based on logic, but as he encounters many fateful events that grant him a sense of self-awareness he realizes who he truly is, and is appalled by what he finds. Throughout the story, Landon spends more and more time with Jamie, a girl who is ousted by most of the senior class because of her religious devotion. Although he is not thrilled by her company at first, he truly ends up appreciating what she represents, which we see when he says, “The more I hung around Jamie, the more I realized she had a lot of different emotions… that was the first tim...
... middle of paper ...
...ould be a part of required reading lists for high school students because it introduces them to concepts like logic and feelings, levels of maturity, and the brevity of life that allow students to find their true calling. This novel will teach them to develop the skills they need to make conscious decisions, whether they base them on logic or they go with their hearts as well as developing the right level of maturity they need to succeed in the real world. Students need to be able to reflect on matters that will be meaningful regarding the decisions they will have to make in the future so that they are knowledgeable about their choices. This novel is a great example of how a required book should teach students an indispensable lesson about logic, feelings, and moral values.
Sparks, Nicholas. A Walk to Remember. New York: Warner Books, 1999. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Walk to Remember - The Human Heart A Walk to Remember, by Nicholas Sparks take you on a whirl wind journey into the depths of the human heart, and leads Landon, one of the main characters, to a decision so stunning it would lead him irrevocably on the road to manhood. Landon the most popular boy in Beuford High and fall's > unexpectedly in love with Jamie, and unpopular, bible-bearing girl. It was kismet that brought these two together, and an incurable disease that would tear them apart.... [tags: Walk to Remember Essays]
686 words (2 pages)
- Nicholas Sparks is considered to be one of the greatest American authors of today. He provides love, romance, passion, drama, tragedy, comedy, triumph, and mystery in all of his novels. His stories are heartwarming and inspiring. Nicholas Sparks does not have a specific writing style. His writing style is flexible and liberal, and can be described as romantic, imaginative and engaging, and varies depending on the theme of the novel. The theme of the novel is the main thing that affects his writing style.... [tags: Love, Fiction, Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Nicholas sparks is one of World’s best authors. He is the most adored and admired storyteller in writing love stories. He was born on December 31, 1965, in Omaha, Nebraska. His older brother was named Michael Earl Sparks and his little sister named Danielle Sparks. His younger sister died in 2000 due to a brain tumor. He is the second son of Patrick Michael Sparks, which was a professor, and Jill Emma Marie Thoene, which was a homemaker. His childhood was full of new experiences because his family travels a lot.... [tags: Love, Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook]
1438 words (4.1 pages)
- “How far should a person go in the name of love” (Sparks 255). This one question was the base for Nicholas Spark’s book, The Choice, published by Grand Central Publishing in 2007. This fictional novel was written for young adults. It is part of the countless books Nicholas Sparks has written such as The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and Safe Haven. The Choice is a structured novel, keeping the reader on their toes with its intricate descriptions of the characters and setting. A small-town, adventure seeking man in Beaufort, North Carolina would describe Travis Parker precisely.... [tags: romantic book, literary analysis]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Safe Haven: the novel The author: Nicholas Sparks Nicholas Sparks was born on December 31, 1965 in Omaha, Nebraska and works as author, screenwriter and producer. He is born as the middle of three children. His older brother is called Michael and his younger sister is named Danielle. In 2000 she died from a brain tumour. Later he stated he had based the female protagonist in the novel “A Walk to Remember” on her. During his childhood his family moved a lot, but during his high school years the family Sparks lived in Fair Oaks, California.... [tags: novel, literature, ]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- The first book that was adapted to a movie was Message in a Bottle. This movie came out in 1999. The book was the second one he wrote. In this novel, Theresa Osborne, who is the main character is grieving the end of her eight-year marriage. One morning she was passing trough the beach when she discovered a bottle on the sea 's shore. Inside the bottle was a love letter that will change his life forever. In search of the person who wrote the letter, she publishes the letter and she decides to meet the romantic author.... [tags: Love, Nicholas Sparks, Marriage]
2158 words (6.2 pages)
- A Legacy of Love Nicholas Sparks once said, “Every great love starts with a great story...” (Goodreads 1). As an author of love stories, Nicholas Sparks has written many novels that would later become beautiful adaptations of his words. In fact, eleven of the romance novels written by Sparks have been turned into movies. These films include The Lucky One, Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, and The Last Song. Even with the numerous movies released, one remains prominent and is ranked number one by many fans.... [tags: Love, Nicholas Sparks, Alzheimer's disease]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- The Notebook The Notebook was a phenomenal film with incredible performances and many heartfelt moments from beginning to end. It is a love story that many of us fantasize of living someday. And although the movie has its good points, this movie also sets a bad example for some people. The Notebook takes place during the 1940s in North Carolina. It is a complicated love story between two teenage lovers named Noah Calhoun, a country boy, and Allie Nelson, a rich girl, who meet each other at a local carnival.... [tags: Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook, The Notebook]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Literary Analysis of The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks This book is a great book and it touches ones heart in ways you couldn't imagine. I seriously love this book because I love romantic stories and it's just so cute. The movie is good but the book is better. Well 'The Notebook' is about a journey of two young lovers Noah Calhoun and Allie Nelson who made a passionate summer romance and they were separated because Allie moved to the city. After fourteen years of separation due to World War 2 and class differences.... [tags: The Notebook Nicholas Sparks Romance Essays]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- “The Wedding” by Nicholas Sparks The novel “The Wedding” by Nicholas Sparks is a sequel to the love story, The Notebook. The characters in this novel are facing pretty much one big problem. The setting in this story is taken place in the year 2003 in a little place called New Bern, where the lives of the Lewis family would change in many ways. Wilson and Jane Lewis; a married couple for many years, are the main characters in this novel. They are facing a very difficult time in their lives. It seems as if Jane has fallen out of love with Wilson.... [tags: The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks]
455 words (1.3 pages)