During this visit, we completed the child’s completed physical assessment, vitals, 102 form as much as we could to get more information about the home environment and child’s health history. Also, we assessed if the child was up to date on her immunization, has insurance or not, and has been referred to endocrinologist or not yet because she was on growth hormone therapy in TX, which has been discontinued ever since they moved to CA because they didn’t have insurance. The mother stated that they have Kern Family Health Care, and the Child’s physician said that he would send a referral for endocrinologist to the insurance, but the mother said they haven’t received any approval letter from the insurance...
... middle of paper ...
...opriately and were wearing clean clothes.
I think one of the course objectives that I met was II. During this visit, we examined if the patient and her family needed help with WIC, transportation, or insurance. Also, we examined the physical environment for adequate water supply, safe sleeping area, adequate heating/cooling, and for any safety hazards. The second course objective I met was IV. The first thing we did was that we explained the confidentiality form and asked the mother to sign it. Also, we followed the agency’s policies while conducting home visits, returned records by the end of the day, followed dress code, and followed policies for the use of agency equipment.
Allender, J. A., Rector, C. L., & Warner, K. D. (2014). Community & public health nursing: Promoting the public 's health (8th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Adolescence (12-18 years old) Turning 13, I found myself starting in the world of high school, where the biggest bullies were the teachers, and your only solitude, a book. Despite my rough start to this particular stage, of which derived from my middle childhood, I was to find a small group of like-minded friends with the same appreciation for education and a reserved outlook on life. This can be attributed to the theory of ‘Niche-picking’, where someone is drawn to people and environments in which acceptance and comfort is guaranteed due to the similarity in thinking and goals (McElhaney & Antonishak, 2008).... [tags: Nature versus nurture, Psychology]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Aaliyah is a young woman of 25 years old. She grew up in her parent’s house and decided to leave home when she was 18 years old, due to her father’s alcohol use. She finished high school and after moving in with a friend and finding a full time job, she decided to go back to school. Aaliyah is going to school to get her degree in criminal justice. She is not happy at her current place of employment; she is working at a contracting company as an administrative assistant and is ready to move on and find something different to do with her life.... [tags: Alcoholism, Alcohol, Psychology]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Sex after 50 years old. What is the stigma. Nowadays, people who continue to have sex over the age of 50 are often categorized under taboo. A question for people who turn the other way about the topic, what is the "socially acceptable" cut-off age for sexual relations. When does it become inappropriate for two consenting adults to have sex. It seems to be, that the standard sexual peek acceptable by society 's standards is at 18 years old, and ceasing at menopause for women, and around 50 years of age for men.... [tags: Human sexuality, Human sexual behavior]
1040 words (3 pages)
- In this essay I will be discussing about the 45 year old cold war between the U.S and Russia. The main points that will be sufficient in explaining this topic is how it started, why it started, who benefited from it, and finally who won. This was a very epidemic war and thankfully it was a nonviolent war not a bloody one with death and conflict. From the articles of "Lessons From the History of the Cold War." By (John B. Donovan), “Without Mercy"--U.S. Strategic Intelligence and Finland in The Cold War." by (Jukka Rislakki), "Reconnaissance Drones: Their First Use in the Cold War." By (Cargill R.... [tags: Cold War, Soviet Union, United States]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Personal Experience I was bullied by my classmates beginning at the age of 8 years old. A few of the major aspects in which I was bullied were: my slim body, weight, skin color and a perception of favoritism. My mother was the secretary at McCurdy School, the school that I attended at the time. My classmates thought that my teachers, as well as other staff members, played favoritism towards me, because my mother worked there. Little did they know, I was watched all the time; she knew my every move, good and bad.... [tags: Bullying, High school, Verbal abuse, Abuse]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Every since I heard about the Early College program, I knew that that is what I wanted to do. For me, school is a top priority, and I always strive to be my best. Whenever I set my focus on a task, I will put 100% effort into it until I am satisfied with the result. I am not nervous to talk to adults or teachers, and address any questions I have about the course. To be at college at such a young age demands hard work and dedication, which I am ready to put forth. There is so much in this program that will help me succeed in life.... [tags: College, High school, Marching band]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Place yourself in this picture; you are in an unfamiliar land where you have no idea what to expect, where to go, or what your role is. All you know is that your forefathers were promised to inherit a land all their own, and now after years of living in a foreign country as an unpaid labourer, it is time for that promise to be realised in your life. You are scared and at the same time excited to be finally going to a place you can call home… A critical moment in the story of God in the Old Testament is when Abram at around 2081BC1 (well after the flood) is told by God in Genesis 12 to, "Go to the land that I will show you".(v1) And, "I will make you a great nation" (v2)... [tags: Old Testament, Bible, Israelites, Torah]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Oral stage (0-1-years-old). Fouché and Holz (2015) explained why Freud believed, a parent’s behavior helps to shape the child’s personality, whether positively or negatively. During this stage, an infant learns to love, pleasure, and displeasure while being nourished through their mouths. Likewise, the Oral stage seems to have the greatest impression for healthy development and attachments, forming unhealthy habits (e.g., eating disorders and substance abuse), and becoming productive adults (Knight, 2014).... [tags: Psychosexual development, Phallic stage]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- “Let him think that I am more man than I am and I will be so.” Ernest Hemingway was an American novelist short story writer. He won the 1954 nobel prize in literature, he also started fishing when he was only three years old. He always loved fishing and for his fourth birthday his present was an all day fishing trip with his father. His writing career started early for him, he wrote many short stories including The Old Man and the Sea. Throughout the story The Old Man and the Sea Hemingway is demonstrating that Santiago never gives up, when things start to get tough Santiago pushes himself to keep fighting and to not give up on something he wants.... [tags: The Old Man and the Sea, Ernest Hemingway, Cuba]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Summary of Twelve Years a Slave Solomon Northup was born a freeman. On Christmas day, 1829, Northup married Anne Hampton. He was about twenty one years old and decided to enter upon a life of industry so that he could help support him and his wife. He first was employed with others repairing the Champlain Canal. By the time the Canal was finished Northup purchased a pair of horses and other things necessarily required in the business of navigation. He hired several men to help him and he began to transport large rafts of timber from Lake Champlain to Troy.... [tags: American Literature Twelve Years Slave Essays]
5067 words (14.5 pages)