Vegetarians tend to be healthier than those who consume meat. This is due to the prevalent unnatural chemicals used in the processing of meats, and eating these are unsuitable for the body. Meats already contain harmful amounts of cholesterol, and over-consumption of red meat can lead to early heart disease. Animals that are raised on farms for their meat are not treated well, and this mistreatment can lead to harm in the meat they are producing. Although one life choice cannot change one’s environmental impact. To help the environment to the fullest, one must construct conscious choices to help. All of a person’s actions change the world, not just one. A healthy lifestyle inspires others to be healthy, and can form a better planet. If more people do not become vegetarians soon, the planet may die out.
A study in 2005 made by German Cancer research Center shows vegetarians do not live longer, and this was a myth. However in 2012, a review of over 120 thousand people declared those who consume red meats...
... middle of paper ...
...ories have unquestionably dangerous jobs. On average, meatpacking workers are injured at a rate of 27.6 per 100 workers- double the average of all manufacturing workers. Human rights watch called meatpacking the most dangerous factory job in America. To help those who work in this industry, it would be wise to try to raise the safety rules. Living off a vegetarian diet might not help as much as needed, but it would still help. However, even though working in a factory is dangerous, does not mean the work should not be done. According to the US Department of Labor, the occupation with the highest mortality rate in 2009 was construction work, followed by truck drivers. Arguably, vegetarians can help these workers by removing their jobs all together. This may also cause problems seeing that the workers will have no job to do, which is worse than having a dangerous job.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many people strive to be healthy. Following a vegetarian diet is healthy. Therefore, people should live a vegetarian lifestyle. The vegetarian lifestyle is quite easy to maintain if one starts by just cutting out red meats from the diet, and then progress into chicken, and finally fish. This is the easiest way to become vegetarian, as you are stopping step by step instead of all at once. A majority of vegetarian diets have several easy to prepare meals and are fairly easy to follow. Countless restaurants serve meatless dishes, and salads are almost always available.... [tags: Meat, Nutrition, Vegetarianism, Veganism]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Paul McCartney, an animal activist and member of the English band The Beatles, sums up the benefits of vegetarianism by saying, “Vegetarians take care of so many things in one shot: ecology, famine, cruelty.” In general, a vegetarian is a person who does not eat meat. According to an article in the health portion of Brown.edu, a website published by the Ivy League research university Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, there are three main forms of vegetarianism: vegan (“total vegetarians”), “lactovegetarian,” and “lacto-ovovegetarian” (“Being”).... [tags: Eating Habits, Vegan, Vegetarian]
1818 words (5.2 pages)
- Human life and health is based on nutrition, physical activity and the existence of our planet. Without food or enough oxygen the humans can’t survive, they die. As human’s lifestyle, technology and knowledge changed over the last few decades, so did the causes of death. Obesity, which leads to the diseases on top of death reasons, has been growing in America, because of the wrong choice of diet. Meat contains too much fat and unnatural nutrition, which is not healthy for us. The number one factor in the destruction of our most important source of oxygen; the rainforest, is cattle grazing, our call for more and more meat is without regard of our own or the planet’s wellbeing.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- The meat-based diet differs from the vegetarian diet more than expected considering humans have in time eaten meat for thousands of years as we are designed to eat meat. Consequently suggesting that meat, in fact, is not unhealthy. It all relates to how meat is processed and steps and procedures involved in the manufacturing of the animal meat products. According to the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (2015), meat is produced by the process of a wide range of physical and chemical methods including, cutting/chopping, mixing, salting, utilization of spices, stuffing, fermentation and drying, heat treatment and smoking (para.... [tags: Meat, Vegetarianism, Ethics of eating meat]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- I am Indonesian, Muslim, and Vegetarian: There’s Nothing Wrong about It. Islam and Vegetarian sound like two words that contradict. Islam is considered to support meat-eating. As a proof, Islam has annual Eid al-Adha celebration where we sacrifice four-footed animals –and of course eat the meat with family and the poor. Meanwhile, Vegetarianism has it roots from Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. I decided to live a Vegetarian diet just three months ago and I found it in accordance with Islamic values.... [tags: Meat, Vegetarianism, Islam, Muhammad]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Vegetarianism Everything that we as humans decide to do has a consequence. Our agency that we are given opens up so many opportunities of lifestyles we are able to live. Many people search for the “perfect lifestyle” that has all the right answers and gives the perfect insight as to what is right and what is wrong. Although the perfect lifestyle seems great, it does not exist. There is not one single answer to everyone’s problems and life answers simply because every being on the planet is different.... [tags: Nutrition, Meat, Ethics of eating meat]
1751 words (5 pages)
- The American Diet The Mediterranean Diet is one of the diets that includes a high consumption of olive oil, fruits, vegetables, legumes, fish, and unrefined grains (Robson, 2014). Additionally, this diet recommends a low consumption of red meat, poultry and dairy products as well as low to moderate intake of wines (Robson, 2014). Research studies have revealed that the Mediterranean diet helps to reduce the incidence of cardiovascular disease and atherosclerosis as well as chronic inflammation indicated in diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity and other mental health disorders (Gostis et al., 2015).... [tags: Nutrition, Atherosclerosis, Hypertension, Iron]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Becoming a Vegetarian I think that more people should be vegetarian. I think this for the plain reason that we were not meant to eat animals. It is an unruly act of slaughter, very inhumane and very injustice. Over seven billion farm animals are butchered each year in just the United States. With numbers like this we cannot afford to kill so many living beings. Other people may think that not all nutrients are supplied in a regular vegetarian diet. They may think that not enough protein is supplied in a vegetarian diet.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- Vegetarian Diets Modern Western society has placed an emphasis on "healthy living." A well-balanced diet, exercise and healthy lifestyle habits; such as not smoking, moderate alcohol use, and preventive health care, are all very important to physical well-being. In their quest for a longer life and increased happiness, Americans have made great strides towards an healthier lifestyle and, in particular, an improved diet. Many individuals have attempted to lower fat intake and decrease excess calorie consumption.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
2879 words (8.2 pages)
- What are the most important in your life. That is healthy. So learning how to eat healthy is one of the most important things to achieve everyone’s goal. We normally be advised to follow a healthy diet if you want a good and healthy for your body. However, what is a healthy diet. It was so disturbed by a lot of people. Nowadays many scientists have shown many research about eating healthy. Meat-eaters and vegetarians are becoming a popular augment topic in our society. We usually eat 3 times a day, and at least one meal we consume meat.... [tags: Nutrition, Atherosclerosis, Meat, Vegetarianism]
1427 words (4.1 pages)