... middle of paper ...
...e made me thrive and before I knew it our team was marching onto the field for the national anthem. During the singing of the national anthem I peeked into the crowd and first row down the first base side was the little boy I met on the cart and his dad sitting right next to him. This game was for that little boy, I needed to impress him. I pitched six strong innings and my team ended up winning the game. It was the most exciting game of my career and the best part was being greeted with the best pin in the tournament after such a spectacular win. The little boy ran out into the middle of the field where we shook our opponents hands and in front of everyone in the stadium handed me the only thing I cared about besides winning. I was in the best mood for the rest of the day and I rewarded myself with a nice long sleep. I could only image what the next day had to bring.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Activities At Mount Rainier National Park they have tons of different activities that you can do. The biggest thing there you can do is go hiking there are tons of different trails that you can walk. The longest trail is the Wonderland Trail it is 93 miles long. There are a lot of things you can do as a family there like tour working farms and wildlife parks and take a ride on a classic steam engine train. Some other things you can do it go cycling there are many routes you can take on your bicycle, fishing there are a lot of lakes you can go fishing in.... [tags: Travel]
2186 words (6.2 pages)
- It is an excellent destination for an amusing day of outdoor activities. Plus, you’ll get a bonus of astonishing scenic views. Concan Texas is an hour and a half to two hours drive from San Antonio. According to Wikipedia, it is a small community known as a popular spot for summer vacationers. It is also a haven for bird watching fanatics during spring-time. Thus, travellers find this location an authentic treat full of outdoor activities. Moreover, Garner State Park features relaxing environment and exciting outdoor activities altogether.... [tags: Travel]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Many people enjoy theme parks as a family event or just to get away from work. How does one find out about a theme park though. Many find out about theme parks through advertisements through the internet, television, or even through ads or promotions. When Schlitterbahn opened it had big promotions and swarmed the media. It seemed like an amazing theme park and I was excited to travel and spend some off time in a new park. Although, Schlitterbahn advertisements and Schlitterbahn the park is the same thing, the major rides, the minor rides, and background theme in Schlitterbahn advertisement look more appealing.... [tags: park, advertisement, rides, construction]
690 words (2 pages)
- Getting ready for a summer vacation at the Winter Park Resort. You’re on the right track. We’ll provide some tips and advises too; regarding all the family outdoor activities you can do there. Colorado has breathtaking sceneries which are truly amazing. It can mesmerize your heart. In fact, the sceneries are so surreal that they actually look like paintings. These are maybe the reasons why people are flocking to Colorado for an extraordinary vacation. The mountains are so inviting. It feels like a magnet attracting you to taste its natural beauty.... [tags: Travel, Tourism, Marketing]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- Man Against Nature in Jurassic Park "The world was made for man to conquer and rule, and under human rule it was meant to become a paradise" (Ishmael 82). Much like this evolutionary mythological theory, the movie Jurassic Park tells a tale of man's attempt to rule over nature. Through the movie's description and imagery, the viewer perceives the arrogance of humans to control nature, and the consequences and failures of this flawed intention. John Hammond, park creator, uses state of the art technology and ideas to recover dinosaur DNA, fill in missing gene caps, and breed the previously extinct animals to exploit his accomplishment.... [tags: Jurassic Park Essays]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- From the mighty mountains, waterfalls and forests that cover our country, the energy that has gone into preserving these earth-given gifts alive is extensive. The environments created by thousands of years of natural progression have within themselves kept a piece of the world to themselves. Beginning in 1872 with the Yellowstone National Park located in the previously known territories of Montana, people began to protect these places, placing them within national parks boundaries. Since then, national parks have appeared across the country from “sea to shining sea”.... [tags: National Park Service, Yellowstone National Park]
2141 words (6.1 pages)
- Standards and Discussions of National Park Extension Since the mid 1920s to the 1970s, there has been a level headed discussion with respect to the observations and measures by which national parks ought to be set up and constraining the extension of national parks, restricting access for individuals living in urban regions and debilitating open spaces because of urban sprawl and over populace. Bit by bit customary observations offered route to the preservationists ' perspectives which re-imagined and bit by bit extended government meaning of national parks.... [tags: National Park Service, Yellowstone National Park]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- The Kallang River is the longest river in Singapore and it flows via the Marina Channel into the Marina Barrage a dam (Cornelius, V., 2008). According to the researchers from the (National Parks Board, 2009), the Kallang riverside park located on the side of this river which holds many recreations and sports activities such as fitness equipment and jogging and cycling tracks marked with distance markers. This cycling tracks leads down towards the Esplanade Park which is one of the oldest parks in Singapore.... [tags: cycling, kallang park, cycling tracks]
1983 words (5.7 pages)
- An amusement park is an enjoyable place for people of all ages. I love visiting them with my friends and family. I personally like Dorney Park, which gives the guests a multiple variety of rides— from being completely soaked in water to flying through the air at the same speeds cars travel at on the highway. Amusements parks overall are a fascinating place. The atmosphere created by all of the visitors is very lively. Music can be heard in the background from live concerts. All different kinds of smells are in the air, from the overly priced food stores to the quacking ducks swimming in the ponds.... [tags: Amusement park, Roller coaster, Cedar Point]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- Cosby Park The Great Smoky Mountains is one of the most famous parks in the United States. The park is known for its beautiful mountains and streams, clean air, and frequent rain. My local part of the park is Cosby, located in the Great Smoky Mountains eighty-two miles west of the East Tennessee State University campus (www.nps.gov.grsm.prcoscg.htm). The park is a wonderful, activity-filled stop for any student wanting to get away for a few days. The drive to Cosby passes by quickly because of all the interesting sites along the way.... [tags: Descriptive Essay About A Place]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- The New Negro Of The Harlem Renaissance
- Leadership Is The Position Or Function Of A Leader
- Social Injustice Against Minority Groups
- What Values Are Gained Through Education And Individualism
- Review And Assessment Of Personal Sustainability Practices
- Analysis Of The Article ' Cosmopolitanism And Its Critics '