We started our conversation with ethics and integrity in engineers. Mr. To shook his head little and had light smile on his face when we asked him if he thinks most employees are ethical. He said all employees must be ethical but not all of them really understand meaning of“ethical.” There are some engineers who sometimes violate ethical breaches. He mentioned that each year there are some engineers in his company who are inquired because of trading design secrets to another company. These people put their self-interest in priority to get more money from competitors. Mr. To emphasized that those actions of corruption are not only immoral but also violate the law. An engineer has to pay back if his story is revealed, even losing the job or engineering license forever. He has never taken any ethics course in his life, but he thinks that a person’s ethical standard depends on how they acknowledge the border line between “moral” and “immoral.” The more knowledge you really retain, the more you understand the consequences of your action which are related to ethical problems. He recommends to all young engineers like us that before acting, we should think about where our integrities are standing such that we have no chance to act against...
... middle of paper ...
...n regards to making ethical decisions in the professional setting. Mr. To’s business is closely tied to national and international security. He is held to some of the highest standards in terms of ethical responsibility, so we are lucky to have been able to ask him for an interview. We learned that Deontology, or the “Golden Rule” is a simple and effective way to keep the public interest in mind when creating a product. We also learned that engineers often do not act unethically on purpose; they simply cannot tell where the line is between ethical and unethical behavior. They are always pushing the boundaries because that is what it takes to be a successful and competitive engineer; however, it is important to have a good education and understanding of where that line between the two are so that you will hopefully never cross it and have to pay the consequences.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Task 1 Introduction Information Technology or Information System is one of importance in companies business. In management of company at least have an organization or department of Information Technology System. From that, department must have the organization management of board to lead the management. When company want looking for the new workers, some company just look the certification of study but not look or take the experience workers. The fresh graduation sometimes just good in study but when work they cannot apply what they learn in college or universities.... [tags: technology, outsourcing, computer system]
1979 words (5.7 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The battery is a device that changes part [voltage?] control into electricity. Similar to other necessary inventions, this device has many different versions that were made from the 19th century onward; the manufacturing history of the battery is quite interesting. The battery is a mixture of basics that has produced new and creative designs through the understanding of its composition, and is used in almost every part of modern life. It is important to know the general idea of how the battery works.... [tags: Technology ]
3831 words (10.9 pages)
- ... In 1865, Giovanni Caselli, an Italian physicist, invented the first practical operating facsimile machine system in France. The fax transceiver, which he named “Pantelegraph,” was patented in September 1861. This ancestor of the modern fax machine was huge, about 7-foot high. When the invention was first completed and assembled in workshop, it excited the Parisian scientific world that a Pantelegraph Society was created to promote its adoption. An Important supporter was Emperor Napoleon III.... [tags: communication technology development]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
- Science Technology Company Bill Watson of Science Technology Company (STC) should not discuss the current 5-year financing plan prepared by Harry Finson, the chief financial officer, at the forthcoming board meeting. The industry that STC is in has short product life cycle, rapid technology obsolescence and fast growth with increasing competition. In fact, STC’s strategy to survive the competition is to maintain leadership in ATE segment and to further compete in the large scale integrated (VLSI) circuits segment by chasing market share and spreading high R&D cost over large sales.... [tags: Science Technology Company Business Analysis]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction about the company One of the largest technology company in the world, Lenovo had a humble beginning as a small Chinese firm founded in 1984. The company showed modest growth throughout the rest of the 20th century. It wasn’t until the company’s acquisition of IBM’s personal computer business in 2005 (Martin, 2014) that the company began to gain prominence in the technology industry. Lenovo’s innovation and strategic decision making has allowed the company to evolve on a global platform and enabled it to become one of the leading technology companies in the market today.... [tags: company, technological advancements]
1746 words (5 pages)
- Introduction Modern information system is now popular all over the world, it also change the accounting area. Instead of the old manual analysis, many companies making effort in developing a fitted accounting information system for themselves, as they realize the advantages that the new technology brings in - more efficient and accurate in processing, integrated data, detailed record etc. However, even though there are so many benefits, the functional system also brings challenges, making new requirements to the accountants and auditors.... [tags: Accountancy, Accountant, Information system]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- The creation of the computer and the Internet has significantly furthered and revolutionized Parks and Recreation Districts across the country. Parks and Recreation Management is a profession that has been able to prosper with the Internet and personal computers today. Recreation in the present day is becoming especially popular due to a general decrease in working hours because of the economy. With many people having more free time, more demands are put on the Parks and Recreation districts. Also with the many national, state, and private parks in the United States, it is crucial for the park systems to have a systematic approach to dealing with these new demands.... [tags: Technology]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Technology Use: Plankton monitoring in British Columbia was started more than fifteen years ago. Since then there were only few improvements made in monitoring. The knowledge on harmful plankton was improved as the new harmful species were discovered over the years and improvements were made in sampling equipment. Apart from that, there hasn’t been much improvement in plankton monitoring. On the other hand plankton mitigation system has been improved tremendously. Unfortunately, with an ineffective monitoring system even best mitigation system would be not much of use.... [tags: Better, Improve, Technology, Light]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Anyone who owns there own business knows there is so much work and dedication involved. You have to be on the ball at all times to ensure every choice you make is going to better you and your business. With today’s technology, there is so much of an opportunity to really learn how to excel you business nationwide. Having computers to help run your business is a great idea. This allows for you to connect better with other employees who may be located in different states. Meredith who is the founder of Bead Bar realized that she needed to make some updates to her company in order for her to succeed.... [tags: Computer Technology Business]
2076 words (5.9 pages)
- Recommending an ICT System for a Company In this unit I am researching and recommending an ICT system for a company called Mobile Mania. They have given me specific requirements in terms of the hardware, software and configuration they want carried out, in order to make the software easy to use. They have also asked me to design some templates and macros for their business, using the software I have recommended. Another task is to design a website for the business that is made up of more than one page and that looks professional, with suitable links between each page.... [tags: ICT System Essays]
1247 words (3.6 pages)