Manger on duty on a busy Friday afternoon, many customers inside the store looking for a running shoes and there are some looking for a shoe to wear just casually but there are some customers shopping for the children because it is back to school time. Walking around the store making sure that every customer gets greeted with a “hello, how are you doing today?” and also making sure that they are being helped or so I could help them myself. As I was walking and walking the sales floor I’ve noticed that the customers in line didn’t seem to happy and the line was talking a little longer than usual so I went to go check if everything was going smoothly. Then realized that a customer was giving my sales associate about some shoes that he was trying to return and get a full refund on. I decided to jump in and ask “if there was anything that I could help him with?” The customer gives me a dead look in my eye and starts to become more agitate.
I tried calming the customer d...
... middle of paper ...
...ou all the information you need and I will not give you a refund for shoes that have been worn it will only be an even exchange or you could walk out with the worn shoes as well.” The customer with anger looks at me and then looks at my store manager and then agrees with him for an even exchange.
There are people who well support and defend you when other people are wrong. There are situations that you could only do so much and have people who know you be in the same page as you no matter who you are. I’ve learned not to let people bring me down, learned that I am capable of doing big things, learned to be brave and confident. There are people out in the world who wants to hurt you and who does not believe in you because of your gender. I just had to stand up for myself, and everyone in this world should be able to do the same no matter if you’re a male or female.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Times They Are A Changin’ In today’s day and age, it’s very likely that if you work in a business environment you will interact in some sort of virtual organization unit. I think that a virtual team allows an organization a lot of flexibility and positives that wouldn’t be available in a classic team markup. However, without experienced, organized, and driven team members, adding the complexity of distance and technology will simply make it all the more likely that a team will fail. My intent here in this paper is go over how to effectively overcome some of the issues that can arise when working within a virtual organization based upon our readings and my own experience.... [tags: The A-Team, Management, Team, Virtual team]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- Advances in technology have enabled virtual teams to become more prevalent in today’s society. A virtual team can range from a group of long distance students coming together as a group and a team of individuals working together on a project from their respective homes, to a CEO conducting a corporate videoconference from another to country with other departments or subordinates. According to Lilian (2014), “as information and knowledge is diffused by modern technology, working and innovation are shifting form structures inside the organization to broader virtual knowledge networks that may reach across time and space boundaries making physical location, buildings, and distribution channel... [tags: Leadership, Management, Virtual team, Team]
1534 words (4.4 pages)
- For F1 team, points and championship is the key criteria to measure whether they are successful or not. However, from a management perspective, there are following criteria to value the decision. 1. Operation performance. Whether this decision improve the operation performance or not will be the key criterion to evaluate it. Operation performance can be digitized. 2. Budget efficiency. How much you invest will not have corresponding return. To evaluate the budget efficiency will help the leadership to decide to choose which decision.... [tags: Formula One, Scuderia Ferrari, Team Lotus]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- In stage three the, conflict from stage two has been resolved and now there is more effective conflict management among the team. There is a higher level of trust and commitment because we were able to solve the conflicts from stage two and there is more of a willingness to cooperate (Wheelan 2016). The goal of this stage is to further cooperation and more clearly define roles and organization of the team (Wheelan 2016). There is less competition or desire for status at this point and there is more open communication, positive relationship building, and focus on the task at hand (Wheelan 2016).... [tags: Conflict, Debut albums, Time, The A-Team]
702 words (2 pages)
- Having a good leadership for a team allows the whole team to work efficiently and in a well-organized way. Further, leadership is an important function of management which helps to maximize efficiency and to achieve organizational goals. Since I am a leader for this week, I asked several questions to my group members in order to get specific feedback for my performances. First, my team members said that I am deeply engaging with them and can be reached all the time. I replied all the emails and text messages as soon as I can so that I could figure out all the problems and time conflicts that our team faced to.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Project team]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Team Behavior and Processes There are many important elements that effect how a learning team behaves and the processes that a learning team chooses to complete tasks and reach desired goals. The current learning team has established roles and responsibilities, time management skills, and decision making strategies that allow the team to work up to it's full potential. The learning team has maintained a level of trust and responsibility to one another that must exist in order for the team to remain successful Roles and Responsibilities The roles and responsibilities for a learning team should be identified within the first meeting (Thompson, 2000).... [tags: Team Group management Communication]
1495 words (4.3 pages)
- 1. Our team holds quite the bit of diversity as far as our values were discovered on the Discovery Wheel.(Ellis, 2011) Our common abundant categories show for Memory, Thinking, and Diversity. Past this, we seems to cover the wheel rather, well, if we are to pool our strengths as a team. We all report different weaknesses, and with good management, we would be able to combat each others lacking areas. The only section not particularly outstanding in either direction was Reading, and with a fair distribution, this would pose no problem either.... [tags: Team Building Assignment]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Abstract Communication and trust are essential for teams to function properly and achieve their end goals. A frame for communication lines must be laid out in advance as well as a combined contract that defines what the team expects to accomplish as a whole as well as individually. Trust must be built up over time. Each team member must respect each other and follow through with assigned tasks to strengthen trust within the group. If communication and trust break down within a team, the team will not progress and will cease to function.... [tags: Team Organization Leader Management]
1389 words (4 pages)
- Team Communication Teamwork is very important when it comes to good communication skills. It has been said that effective communication skills empower an individual to inspire and influence others in order to reach the desired outcome, no matter how difficult the situation may appear to be. Anyone who has an open view about all things can give that information to another person and be able to explain why they feel the way they feel. And it can be possible that he/she are able to convince the other party to feel the same way.... [tags: Work Employment Team Communication]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- As the processes and systems used in business have become more complex, teams, not individuals, have become popular in many organizations. Teams are made up of individuals from an organization brought together to solve a problem, improve a process or implement a new process. “A major advantage that a team has over an individual is its diversity of resources and ideas” (Burns, 1995, p. 52). However, this diversity can cause conflict within the team. The success of the team is strongly influenced by the team’s ability to recognize the causes of, manage and resolve conflict.... [tags: Business Strategy Human Resource Team]
1260 words (3.6 pages)