The role and responsibilities of a teacher is very complex. Teachers are responsible for making sure their learners acquire the knowledge they need, but also achieve their qualification by the end of the course in a safe learning environment, so they have the skills and experience they need to start their careers. To achieve that goal a teacher must be creative, professional, flexible and knowledgeable enough to deal with daily challenges and find different ways to help their learners needs. Establishing a safe and stimulating environment for learners, creating mutual respect and set goals that stretch and challenge learners of all backgrounds and abilities.
The first rule of teaching is "ASSUME NOTHING", this is the most important rule in teaching, as it states teachers must never assume they know everything. They must be updated with every single subject they are teaching, need to know their boundaries, roles, responsibilities and professional values. They have to be aware of changes in policies and rules and be updated with all subjects they are teaching. Teachers are also responsible for updating their knowledge on rules such as Health and Safety at Work, Risk Assessment and Child Protection Guidelines.
A very important part of the teachers role is to monitor learners performances and keep records such as lessons plans, attendances, punctuality, assessments, achievements and learners development. With all that information the teacher will find easier to get to know the students properly and adopt different strategies that ensure successful learning for all. Being a teacher is a very challenging and honourable profession.
Teachers are often challenged with personal and professional boundaries. A teacher can come acros...
... middle of paper ...
...feguarding ensures everyone working with students are responsible to respond to their needs, that includes children's ages 0 to 18 and vulnerable adults. All teachers are responsible for maintaining a safe learning environment, that not only evolves keeping learners safe form physical, emotional, sexual and neglect abuses but also covers Health and Safety and others policies and procedures. If a student discloses something inappropriate has happened '' You CANNOT promise to keep this information secret or confidential'' , you have a duty to respond (do not ask questions), record and report it to a student advisor team or your line-manager.
The Children's Act (2004)
Minton, D. (1997)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Teaching in the lifelong learning sector encompasses students of many: age ranges, backgrounds and abilities. As a result, the roles, responsibilities and boundaries of the tutor can at first appear to be immeasurable. This assignment will focus upon the role, responsibilities and boundaries of a tutor within the context of teaching in the 16-18 age range bracket. It will reflect upon the needs of learners within my own role on the Study Programme (Learn to Work) at Tyneside Foyer, who have not achieved their potential in mainstream education, and who attend learning with numerous personal, social and academic barriers.... [tags: learner, education, barriers, rapport]
1480 words (4.2 pages)
- The role and responsibilities of a teacher is very complex. Teachers are responsible for making sure their learners acquire the knowledge they need, but also achieve their qualification by the end of the course in a safe learning environment, so they have the skills and experience they need to start their careers. To achieve that goal a teacher must be creative, professional, flexible and knowledgeable enough to deal with daily challenges and find different ways to help their learners needs. Establishing a safe and stimulating environment for learners, creating mutual respect and set goals that stretch and challenge learners of all backgrounds and abilities.... [tags: Education, Teaching, Safety]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- Health Information Managers are specially trained professional within the healthcare field who handle confidential patient medical and health records. Managers are tasked with keeping all records secure and responsible for the safe handling of all healthcare informatics as well as updating and documenting new events into patient records as need in addition to managing the information contained within the patient files, the health information managers are responsible for safety and secure storage of all records in an electronic and hard copy format for easy access by other healthcare staff, such as physician, nurses, and medical billing professionals.... [tags: Career Research ]
2362 words (6.7 pages)
- For many young adults finding a good role model can be a controversial topic. During High School and College students have more thought of finding guidance in a role model to find out who they are. However, it is up to the student to figure out which celebrity influences them the best. Eileen Holley 's article "Celebrities ', Athletes ' Responsibilities as Role Models" discusses the self-discovery for students and how the guidance of role models can be the key to help. Celebrities make good role models because they show the advantages of what happens when you 're committed to your goals, how behaviors and attributes for happiness and success.... [tags: Youth, Young, Sociology, English-language films]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Responsibilities as a Translator Translator mainly produces an initial output of the document. In this project, the author is responsible for translating the section “Quilting” of the source file, which is roughly 400 words, as instructed by the project manager. Based on the agreed group timeframe, a reasonable schedule needs to be planned ahead to have a sufficient amount of time for background searching, translating and reviewing. Moreover, quality is another issue which needs to be guaranteed.... [tags: role, plan, productivity]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- As each individual explores reality, they stumble upon obstacles which eventually transforms them into the best version of themselves. The influential key is to have the fortitude and the ability to forgive with benevolence. "Good timber does not grow with ease. The stronger the wind the stronger the trees." My eyes glew with intensity when the I first heard of this quote. The concept of this quote could not explain me any better. To me I believe struggles make people grow stronger and intelligent.... [tags: struggles, changes, camp, role, family]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- Gender equality means that both men and women should hold equal rights, responsibilities, and opportunities. No society is sustainable unless it attains gender equality. Although many people believe both the genders are equal in every aspect of life, nevertheless, many still believe the exact opposite. Despite the fact that, everyone is important, still as per the stats given by U.S. government, only 43 out of 148 countries gives equal rights to both men and women. Moreover, gender equality isn’t still achieved because of the fear of the women empowerment.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Man, Egalitarianism]
713 words (2 pages)
- The idea of gender roles stems from gender identity and gender norms; meaning that gender roles were created because a concept of society claims different genders act and look in different ways from another and the idea that certain things that one gender does is acceptable for one but not for the other. In american culture and multiple others male gender receives the role of masculinity which is associated by strength level, dominance, and aggression. Although males receive the masculinity role, females take on the role of feminism associated with neutering, submissive, and lower ranking behaviors.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Woman, Gender studies]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Understanding the roles, responsibilities and the relationships in education and training In this diverse world, the roles and responsibilities of a teacher change with time and circumstance. It is impossible to set a fixed definition of either as they change continually. However, there are some roles and responsibilities that are common to all trainers in education system to facilitate the learners’ achievement and success. According to Gravells(2014,p3) the five stages in teaching/ learning cycle i.e.... [tags: Education, Assessment, Evaluation]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Many organizations and establishments have philosophies in how an organization is to be functioning and which positions are necessary to execute the plan. One of the crucial positions that make the establishment function is that of a Supervisor. The term supervisor is a word with Latin roots which means “to look over,” however, a supervisor is viewed as a person who is an immediate overseer to an employee at a workplace. The supervisor is the person an employee would directly report to for any work related situation.... [tags: Organizational Structure, Job Descriptions]
1616 words (4.6 pages)